Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

They were copy/paste covers of songs from a musical genre that died with The Beatles. Musically they're solid, if uninspired, but who cares? The male/female Everly Brothers cover album idea wasn't even original.

I liked it even if it was copy and paste. I think the point was that Billie and Norah wanted to honor their childhood inspirations and probably found joy in sounding just like them, just as many of us like to sound like Green Day.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you fucking serious? Why the hell is he doing a collab with a shitty electronic pop band?

Because you're a Green Day fan?

I think the whole point is not so much apathy in the sense of "why should I care what Billie Joe is doing?" so much as "Why should I care whom he's doing it with?" Like I'm always interested to hear what projects the guys have gotten involved in, but I agree that it doesn't really matter to me who Billie or any of them decide to collaborate with. It's their careers, their lives. The only bit that affects me is that I spend 2-3 minutes of my life listening to the finished product, then deciding whether or not I want to continue listening to it.

Are you fucking serious? Why the hell is he doing a collab with a shitty electronic pop band?

Avicii isn't a band at all :P He is a DJ. And to answer your question: Because he feels like it. That said, Avicii said *he* wants to work with Billie Joe. That doesn't mean it's a sure thing.

I think the whole point is not so much apathy in the sense of "why should I care what Billie Joe is doing?" so much as "Why should I care whom he's doing it with?" Like I'm always interested to hear what projects the guys have gotten involved in, but I agree that it doesn't really matter to me who Billie or any of them decide to collaborate with. It's their careers, their lives. The only bit that affects me is that I spend 2-3 minutes of my life listening to the finished product, then deciding whether or not I want to continue listening to it.

Ah I see what you mean, that does make sense then!

What's the logic behind desperately not wanting Billie to do something that he wants to do, just because you don't approve? I'm curious. I'd get being disappointed if he was doing something you didn't agree with politically or something, but you don't even have to listen a music track you don't like and it's not as if he's neglecting Green Day for it.

my comment didnt need an answer i just said what I would like im aware the members of the band have different agendas

Your comment implied that this would somehow interfere with/hold up a new Green Day album (otherwise why would you post it in this thread?). Just saying it won't, so don't worry.

What's the logic behind desperately not wanting Billie to do something that he wants to do, just because you don't approve? I'm curious. I'd get being disappointed if he was doing something you didn't agree with politically or something, but you don't even have to listen a music track you don't like and it's not as if he's neglecting Green Day for it.

I don't get it either, doing extra projects like this has no negative effect on Green Day, and has the potential for a positive effect since it keeps his creative juices flowing. Seems a bit much to object to someone doing something in their spare time when it doesn't affect you in any way and you don't even have to listen to it, especially when it's something that will help keep them inspired to do something you like in the future! I get "I don't think it'll be good", but "he shouldn't do it" is pretty silly really.

Your comment implied that this would somehow interfere with/hold up a new Green Day album (otherwise why would you post it in this thread?). Just saying it won't, so don't worry.

Did it imply that? i must word things more carefully in the future.. this thread is kinda like "oh what billie might be doing next" so instead of teaming up with Avicii i would instead prefer him to write green day songs.. i don't think its gonna interfere with anything its just what id prefer him to do thats all.. i cant list the number of times someone has said "they just made blah blah 3 albums.. how long did it take them? shorter than the time between AI and 21st century..i think billie has the time to write one good 12 song album..i wasn't even referring to the rest of green day cause this thread is about billies contribution to whoever Avicii is thats why i wrote it.

Ooooooh. I'm scared and excited! :woot:

It's in today's newspaper as well! It's the same article but I took a pic, just because:
mW3rblm.png

Did it imply that? i must word things more carefully in the future.. this thread is kinda like "oh what billie might be doing next" so instead of teaming up with Avicii i would instead prefer him to write green day songs.. i don't think its gonna interfere with anything its just what id prefer him to do thats all.. i cant list the number of times someone has said "they just made blah blah 3 albums.. how long did it take them? shorter than the time between AI and 21st century..i think billie has the time to write one good 12 song album..i wasn't even referring to the rest of green day cause this thread is about billies contribution to whoever Avicii is thats why i wrote it.

That's what I'm pointing out though, this isn't "instead". It won't make him any less likely to write Green Day songs, might even get his creative juices flowing to write more/faster. I get that you're really just saying you'd prefer Green Day songs to this, but he can do both haha. Even doing the AI musical didn't slow down his writing for Green Day (in fact it had the opposite effect) so I doubt this will.

That's what I'm pointing out though, this isn't "instead". It won't make him any less likely to write Green Day songs, might even get his creative juices flowing to write more/faster. I get that you're really just saying you'd prefer Green Day songs to this, but he can do both haha. Even doing the AI musical didn't slow down his writing for Green Day (in fact it had the opposite effect) so I doubt this will.

i don't think everything is on par with usual green day standards and im not gonna say i know what makes him feel creative it just seems that when gd was his only focus the material was better..

i don't think everything is on par with usual green day standards and im not gonna say i know what makes him feel creative it just seems that when gd was his only focus the material was better..

Green Day has never been his only focus, there's always been Pinhead Gunpowder, running and producing bands on Adeline Records, collaborations with different artists etc. He's always kept himself busy creatively, still plenty of time to focus on Green Day.

Green Day has never been his only focus, there's always been Pinhead Gunpowder, running and producing bands on Adeline Records, collaborations with different artists etc. He's always kept himself busy creatively, still plenty of time to focus on Green Day.

differing opinions greeeeat

differing opinions greeeeat

Well whether Billie has always done other stuff besides Green Day isn't an opinion it's a fact :P. But yeah I get that you're not into this, not trying to change your mind but just pointing you probably don't have much to worry about as far as Green Day goes.

Well whether Billie has always done other stuff besides Green Day isn't an opinion it's a fact :P. But yeah I get that you're not into this, not trying to change your mind but just pointing you probably don't have much to worry about as far as Green Day goes.

hahah thats just it.. im not worried..just mildly annoyed its ok ill be fine promise!

There's a part of me that always feels like "ugh, this is taking away from what I really want, new Green Day stuff," and so I'm always hesitant. I know Billie should be doing the things he's interested in and this is me being entirely selfish and wanting him to do things I'm most interested in. But, that's what it is as a Green Day fan. As cool as this stuff is, it's not the main thing I care about. I realize he's not just a music factory for me, but that doesn't mean a part of me isn't a bit disappointed when all these side projects creep up and I just want some new music from them.

Not a fan of dance music and stuff like that, so im reallly Not looking forward to this at all

It's not like this is anything huge or something that should be considered a side project, he'll probably just hang out with her for a day and record his what will probably be a verse or a chorus or something and then be on his way. It's also really disheartening to see all these shitty comments acting like Green Day is somehow above a pop act like Avicii. It blows my mind that people still don't realize Green Day is like the biggest god damn pop band in rock music and on the same terms as people who dominate the radio today, except not popular.

Anyway, I don't really have any opinion on Avicii. I'll definitely check this out. Billie seems like he's in an awesome creative part of his life right now and I feel happy for the guy.

Edit: looked up Avicii and holy shit I thought they were female hahaha. I think I thought they were Charli XCX or something. Man.

Should be interesting. I can appreciate that Billie is a fan of all different types of generes of music.

How dose we even know this is true? Avicii said in an interview who we wanted to work with. Billie has said nothing about this. Perhaps this will never happen. :P

I am excited to hear this! Out of all the djs out there Avicii would definitely be the best one for Billie to collab with. Avicii is an actual producer who experiments with many different types of music, not just "dance". I think it is silly that people are upset about this. It will be awesome if Billie does vocals on it :)

I will happily enjoy Avicii and Avicii alone at a party or in a club. But this? Nahhhhhhhhh.

How dose we even know this is true? Avicii said in an interview who we wanted to work with. Billie has said nothing about this. Perhaps this will never happen. :P

He actually said who "he took to the studio" for his next album. Past tense.

Those of you who are denouncing this idea before it even happens: if you'd been around when Green Day were just starting out, you wouldn't have liked them, either.

Those of you who are denouncing this idea before it even happens: if you'd been around when Green Day were just starting out, you wouldn't have liked them, either.

Green Day sold out after the 1000 Hours EP to be honest. They were all downhill after that.

Archived