Billie Joe & Avicii, Thoughts?

kiarakoval

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

billie joe (a punk, 'who wants to kill the dj') singing for a DJ .. this is like being a vegetarian and eating a steak :unsure:

I predict Billie Joe will get some of that sweet radio airtime in the near future, or youtube views I guess it is now a days. The guy who sang "Wake Me Up" made appearances in the accompanying music video, and this song seems to have hit potential, so it's definitely very exciting. I personally enjoyed it also, it's a very catchy and well written song, and it has a familiar voice. The autotune didn't really bother me, it's used in an expressive way I think.

How in the name of god would you think this is not Billie's voice? It's heavily processed, but not so much that you can't recognise it :blink: Do you people really listen to Green Day? :lol:

billie joe (a punk, 'who wants to kill the dj') singing for a DJ .. this is like being a vegetarian and eating a steak :unsure:

Except that song isn't actually about killing a DJ. It's about the endless bullshit you hear in the media and wanting to stop hearing it, nothing to do with a DJ who makes music. Also being punk doesn't mean you have to be closed minded towards other types of music.

Can anyone decipher the chords?

For the verses I've gathered:

F# A B D

F# A B B

With capo on 2 (chords relative to capo):

E G A C

E G A A

Bit ironic coming from a Green Day fan :P

Jesus Of Suburbia, Homecoming, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Uptight, Letterbomb, Panic Song, 21st Century Breakdown... :P

Except that song isn't actually about killing a DJ. It's about the endless bullshit you hear in the media and wanting to stop hearing it, nothing to do with a DJ who makes music. Also being punk doesn't mean you have to be closed minded towards other types of music.

i was just an example :D no reason to take it too serious :) .. i just wonder why a punk rocker like billie is joining this mass hysteria bout 'electronic/pop' (=music that isnt just done by instruments, but on computer etc.)

i was just an example :D no reason to take it too serious :) .. i just wonder why a punk rocker like billie is joining this mass hysteria bout 'electronic/pop' (=music that isnt just done by instruments, but on computer etc.)

It's good to experiment and go out of your comfort zone once in a while. Collaboration with different people helps you get more creative, Billie likes to be challenged and not just sitting around doing nothing.

On second listen I quite like it, it'll sound better when it's of a higher quality. I hope it gets good airplay :happy:

Jesus Of Suburbia, Homecoming, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Uptight, Letterbomb, Panic Song, 21st Century Breakdown... :P

None of which are from their first 3 albums. This is Avicii's second :P

I just wonder why a punk rocker like billie is joining this mass hysteria bout 'electronic/pop' (=music that isnt just done by instruments, but on computer etc.)

Maybe because he likes it? Just because the music is created on a computer doesn't mean it's not creative and cool.

Everyone gets too hung-up on Billie Joe being "punk" - almost like it's a restricting quality of him. He's a musician. Musicians create music.

Yeah if this is real I really like it. Will definitely be downloading it when it comes out.

Maybe because he likes it? Just because the music is created on a computer doesn't mean it's not creative and cool.

Everyone gets too hung-up on Billie Joe being "punk" - almost like it's a restricting quality of him. He's a musician. Musicians create music.

well its just sth he has never done before or? :D

I'm guessing this isn't all of the song though, Avicii's songs are usually longer. But to be honest, i actually like it! Its really cool!

What are your thoughts on this? :D

I loved it. Can't wait for the studio version. So very excited for this and sure it will get air play. So fun and danceable.

None of which are from their first 3 albums. This is Avicii's second :P

How is that relevant?

How isn't it relevant?

Because what do song structures and being formulaic have to do with album chronology?

Because what do song structures and being formulaic have to do with album chronology?

Because on your earlier albums you're trying to establish your basic sound and having a set song structure does help with that. Not everyone can be Biffy Clyro or Muse who started out wanky and slowly became more streamlined and mainstream.

It just amuses me that people hate on pop music for being formulaic when Green Day did verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus on 95% of their songs up until Nimrod.

Because on your earlier albums you're trying to establish your basic sound and having a set song structure does help with that. Not everyone can be Biffy Clyro or Muse who started out wanky and slowly became more streamlined and mainstream.

It just amuses me that people hate on pop music for being formulaic when Green Day did verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus on 95% of their songs up until Nimrod.

Well yeah, that's a fair point. I tend to think anyone who even particularly cares about song structure regardless of content is kind of missing out on the good stuff.

Archived