• Rumpelstiltskin2000

• desertrose

• Beerjeezus

• GenXIdiot

• 2 weeks later...

434124886_808750667963674_85846852659022

bobconrad

1dNo. 6: Green Day at Gilman, 1992.
📝 SHOW NOTES: I saw @GreenDay twice at Gilman in the early ‘90s, both very lively shows. I think the Spitboy photo posted yesterday was from this Green Day show. @galaxychica and I have seen them a handful of times in the past two decades. They’ve been an incredibly consistent and influential band. We are lucky they brought punk rock to the masses; although, I was critical of the major label jump back in the day, Green Day has done nothing but rise to the occasion in so many ways. Their support of their roots and hometown turf is admirable. (Deb, @galaxychica, briefly appears in their East Bay punk documentary.) This pic is about two years before their major label debut.
👉 BACKGROUND on this series: I started in the late ‘80s (very clumsily) developing what would ultimately become a “body of work” of indie, punk and hardcore band photographs. This was back when I did such things and called them such things. Comprising mostly #blackandwhite #35mm film at 400 (Ilford Delta, my friend Brian reminded me), I traveled mostly to Nor. Cal. spots (Gilman, Sac, etc.) but even shot Primus in SJ (my first year of college was at SJSU). I went as far as DC, NYC and, of course, shot a bit in my adopted hometown of Reno. The “body of work” emerged, and some of these images were published (cover photo of Alternative Press, Heckler, zines, etc.), one or two winning an award. I’ve put these online in various locations over the years, but they’ve never been on IG.

#bnw_captures #insta_bw #igblacknwhite #bw_photooftheday #35mm #punkrock

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4zfe7BOYx8/

• Like 2
  • Love 2