Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

i know it's not an actual green day show, but it's going to be fucking weird seeing them at the hall of fame from seats all the way at the back. i haven't been in seats/not at the front of the pit seeing gd since i was like 12 :P

I do wonder what that's going to be like. Instead of being all "d'oh, Billie's right in front of my face!!!" I'm probably going to be silently judging his every move. :P

I raised the pitch of all of Kerplunk a half step (so I can play along in standard tuning) and I think some of the songs actually sound better. Specifically 2000 LYA and Christie Road.

• Like 1

I'm officially bored with this hiatus. They need to do something.

This. Even though I'm somehow content now because I don't have to deal with knowing they're officially shit. Tbh, I dread the moment of pressing play of their new record. I don't really feel like losing all my hope yet.

I raised the pitch of all of Kerplunk a half step (so I can play along in standard tuning) and I think some of the songs actually sound better. Specifically 2000 LYA and Christie Road.

Will you send those to me?
  • Like 1

This. Even though I'm somehow content now because I don't have to deal with knowing they're officially shit. Tbh, I dread the moment of pressing play of their new record. I don't really feel like losing all my hope yet.

Eh, I'm withholding judgement until I hear it. You never know, they could blow us away. Anyway, I more interested in new live shows.

• Like 2

Eh, I'm withholding judgement until I hear it. You never know, they could blow us away. Anyway, I more interested in new live shows.

So am I. Since I never saw them live I really hope for a show somewhere near. I didn't mean to judge - I just feel like I don't really wanna know what's next - does that make sense? Like, I don't expect it to be neither great nor crap, but I wouldn't want to hear it at all if I were to be disappoited. I'll probably have someone else to hear it for me first so that Green Day doesn't get spoiled for me.

So am I. Since I never saw them live I really hope for a show somewhere near. I didn't mean to judge - I just feel like I don't really wanna know what's next - does that make sense? Like, I don't expect it to be neither great nor crap, but I wouldn't want to hear it at all if I were to be disappoited. I'll probably have someone else to hear it for me first so that Green Day doesn't get spoiled for me.

I think it will be a great album - not a masterpiece & I believe billie has a whole list of material ready just waiting for the guys when they are ready.

Will you send those to me?

Sure thing! Give me some time, though. My internet sucks. :lol:

• Like 1

I learned all of No One Knows only to realize I was off by half a step :P

That sucks! :lol: Luckily, I realized it the second I started to learn 2000 LYA.

• Like 1

I was up on the right at the O2 as well!!

Wembley and Emirates I was on the right at the first row of seats for, because I'm not sure I could survive a stadium mosh pit.

I was at Wembley Stadium too, in the pit. Funnily enough it was the most pleasant pit I've been in at a Green Day show, it was boisterous but everyone was so cheerful, there was no nastiness or people shoving in front of me at all (whereas at the smaller Brixton and Shepherds Bush shows people were more competitive to get a good spot) and everyone just jumped around and squashed against each other without resentment. The camaraderie and extremely nice atmosphere is probably the thing that stood out to me most about that show, the band seemed super happy as well and it was great.

• Like 1

I was at Wembley Stadium too, in the pit. Funnily enough it was the most pleasant pit I've been in at a Green Day show, it was boisterous but everyone was so cheerful, there was no nastiness or people shoving in front of me at all (whereas at the smaller Brixton and Shepherds Bush shows people were more competitive to get a good spot) and everyone just jumped around and squashed against each other without resentment. The camaraderie and extremely nice atmosphere is probably the thing that stood out to me most about that show, the band seemed super happy as well and it was great.

Nice, that sounds a lot better than I thought it might be. I sort of wanted to be in the pit for that one, but I was with my parents and 1) there's no way they would've let me go down there alone, what with me being 13 at the time, and 2) my mum's really short and wouldn't have been able to see a thing.

Nice, that sounds a lot better than I thought it might be. I sort of wanted to be in the pit for that one, but I was with my parents and 1) there's no way they would've let me go down there alone, what with me being 13 at the time, and 2) my mum's really short and wouldn't have been able to see a thing.

You were probably best off up there then, especially for the view of the band and also to be able to see the spectacle of the huge number of people there. A friend of mine was right up in the VIP area and had an amazing time, I think it was one of those shows that was great wherever you were!

• Like 1

You were probably best off up there then, especially for the view of the band and also to be able to see the spectacle of the huge number of people there. A friend of mine was right up in the VIP area and had an amazing time, I think it was one of those shows that was great wherever you were!

A friend of my mum's was up in the VIP area directly above where I was and they said much the same thing - yeah, the view was absolutely fantastic, especially since the only other times I'd seen them were when I was right at the back and could barely see a thing.

86 would've been a good opening song for Insomniac

The order of Insomniac is pretty much completely mutable - any of the songs would've been good in any sequence (as long as Brain Stew and Jaded run into each other).

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic