Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Listened to Nimrod, Shenanigans and Uno today.    You guys can keep dookie, because THESE are the classics!

Also, as I rock out to Uno with Spotify lyrics up I have discovered a lyric unbeknownst to me until now...

Around 2:18 Billie says "Say Wha?"

That's your horoscope for today.  PS - Which way to Jane Street?  I never liked you either, St. Jimmy rules, Mr. Whirley drules. 

• Like 1

How many posts was there on the SFA Instagram group last time we check?
It's now at 72.

Has anyone else noticed that scream "FIGHT" in the background in See the Light at the end of the 2nd chorus just before the instrumental bridge. It's at 2:02. It's a bit hard to hear with the drumming but then there's an echo of the scream right after

We've talked about words that keep on popping up in lyrics.   Today, I noticed Billie sings about Strangers frequently.   

Giving thanks to them.

Saying hello and blurting out that he's a disaster.  

Having sex with them.

Then Strange LAND.

And then the Network have a song called THE STRANGER.  

the kid from STRANGER Things is in a music video.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lost Boy said:

Anyone else love Kerplunk?

I absolutely do but 39/Smooth is my favourite of the two

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I absolutely do but 39/Smooth is my favourite of the two

I respect 39/Smooth for the guitar solos haha.

20 minutes ago, Lost Boy said:

I've been listening to it a lot recently, and No One Knows is amazing!

I love hearing that sound from when they were first locked in to the sound that would define them. When Tre joined, everything kicked into high gear and this is the first time you hear that. There will always be something genuinely exciting about Kerplunk to me for that reason. Tre is so damn good, they sound tight and energized like they know they’re on to something. And Billie’s songwriting has also kicked itself up a notch to match. It’s the real start of everything that is to come and is chefs kiss. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love hearing that sound from when they were first locked in to the sound that would define them. When Tre joined, everything kicked into high gear and this is the first time you hear that. There will always be something genuinely exciting about Kerplunk to me for that reason. Tre is so damn good, they sound tight and energized like they know they’re on to something. And Billie’s songwriting has also kicked itself up a notch to match. It’s the real start of everything that is to come and is chefs kiss. 

Agreed.

I heard they re-recorded Christie Rd. for Dookie along with Welcome to Paradise and 409 in Your Coffemaker but didn't surface, is that true?

4 minutes ago, Lost Boy said:

Agreed.

I heard they re-recorded Christie Rd. for Dookie along with Welcome to Paradise and 409 in Your Coffemaker but didn't surface, is that true?

@Todd is the one to ask for what Dookie demos are out there but yes, they tried several songs from Kerplunk in Fantasy Studios before deciding on WTP. I believe you’re right on the other two I don’t know who’s heard them.

55 minutes ago, Lost Boy said:

Agreed.

an unmixed version of 409 came out on the Basketcase single. i've not heard that christie road was re-recorded during those sessions, but i wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dallasthemenace said:

an unmixed version of 409 came out on the Basketcase single. i've not heard that christie road was re-recorded during those sessions, but i wouldn't be surprised.

I'm pretty sure they did but there is no circulating audio :(

6 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Just listened to Here Comes the Shock followed immediately by Jackass.

This is NOT the same singer!

Conspiracy theory: Billie retired years ago and was replaced by an actor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Conspiracy theory: Billie retired years ago and was replaced by an actor

Just like Avril....except she died.

And sort of like Kurt Cobain...who got plastic surgery so he could form Weezer.

Eminem and Paul McCartney and many more have rumors of this.

• Haha 3

Cute Story: Ran into one of my calculus students on Thursday and he told me he had lost his take-home final exam (final is due on Tuesday) and so I had him come with me to my office so I could get him a new one and he saw my Green Day posters and was like "I love Green Day." So of course then we had to talk a little about Green Day LOL. It's funny because he looks a lot like Insomniac-era Billie LOL. He's a great student too; he already took calculus in high school but he never took the AP exam so he had to take it again. I feel bad for him because he is obviously bored in class even though he is doing really well; he finishes stuff really quickly so he draws stuff on his assignments and he is a really great artist. A lot of the students are in the same boat; they already studied the material but never took the test because pandemic so here they are. Anyway, it was a really sweet moment of connection. In the final exam periods next week for both my statistics and calculus classes, I plan to show some Green Day videos (this has become a tradition during exams). 

I'll start with my 5AM rant of GD's subreddit.

At this point, fuck Green Day's subreddit so bad like jesus christ. It's so bad, I'm not even kidding.

Fucking tiermakers. Why, just why? Why does anyone ever think that their hot take is to have Dookie as their 5th favorite album? Where are THE REAL hot takes, like putting FOAM to the top and AI to the bottom? Why is anyone bothering to even make list of GD albums if it's just copy and paste from other redditors? I love tiermakers when they generate good discussion and also have some other explanation behind rankings, not just ''hehee heres my hot take we can now stop doing these'' and then still having Nimrod/Dookie/AI/21stCB at the top.

Even if there is a stupid thing called ''shitpost sunday'' shouldn't mean that I see 50 different rankings of GD albums in the same order. Where are the memes? Where are obvious shitposts? Fuck, even FOAM and its beautiful cover art is too boring and no one is making fun of it anymore. Same shit gets reposted to the death. Goddammit. I wanna like that subreddit but goddammit at its current state it's just so fucking bad that it makes me mad.

Anyways, I've once again just recently watched Irving Plaza 2012 performance. It's the best show to drink some alcohol while watching. If you're old enough, have no problems with alcohol and wanna get wasted with Green Day, just play some drinking games while watching Irving Plaza 2012. Some obvious rules like ''drink when billie says hey-oh'' or ''drink when billie has weird face on'' will get you shitfaced very quickly with this show, but rules like ''drink 3 times when billie shouts new york city'' and ''drink when mike is laughing'' will also do the job just well. Trust me, my hangover agrees with it.

Bring back Nuclear Family. Such a great and energetic live song ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've always thought it was weird that in Stuck With Me, there is no lyric anywhere in the song that actually uses those words, but Do Da Da says it a lot.

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic