Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

13 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I really don't think setlists are something we need to start associating with Billie's issues. They were more varied back then because Green Day were still very relevant, which meant more people were interested in hearing deep cuts (especially at a small show like Shepherd's Bush). Even on the 99 Revolutions Tour there were some pretty exciting setlists because that was before the trilogy's lack of success was clear. It's not that deep.

It was obvious that the trilogy was a commercial flop by the time 99 Revolutions tour started so I don’t think it had anything to do with the album’s success either.

• Like 4

I heard Good Riddance on what was the "oldies" station tonight. I think their programming format has broadened in recent years, but it was still jarring to hear my favorite band on the station my dad would listen to when I was a kid and annoy me 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't know where to post this.
In 2017 Green Day was supposed to do a North American tour only but they cancelled for different reason.
I just heard from a big festival owner in Canada that they want to do this again but in late August in 2022. And this time they want to make it work.

I really hope it's true. After cancelling Toronto I think we deserve it, us Canadians 😂

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Don't know where to post this.
In 2017 Green Day was supposed to do a North American tour only but they cancelled for different reason.
I just heard from a big festival owner in Canada that they want to do this again but in late August in 2022. And this time they want to make it work.

I really hope it's true. After cancelling Toronto I think we deserve it, us Canadians 😂

I’d be surprised if they didn’t reschedule the Canadian dates it would be so easy to do on the return from Europe. If they announce Toronto for next summer I think I’d go, it’s pretty close to me

Aargh just booked to go to Canada next summer, leaving Toronto on 1 Aug  - if they do announce date close to that I’ll be gutted!  Really hope you some dates in Canada though.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day are the busiest band ever.  1987 -2021 of Green Day Activity.

Also, it's really annoying that the internet collectively changes the year of their formation all the time. 

I've seen every from 1985 to 1990.   I know it depends on if you count Sweet Children years as formation of Green Day, but even that changes from time to time. 

Oh well. 87 to present.

I hope Billie actually writes a song called Shut The F!@#$ Up When October Begins. 

I imagine the same riff from Wake Me Up, but fast and gnarly.  Very heavy metal.

Some industrial vibes. 

And of course, Father of All style vocals. 

Maybe a musical nod to Too Dumb to Die as well, because that's one of their best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

How do I see what GDC award I won before? 

I've collected so many awards in life, I can't remember all of them.  ;)

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

giphy.gif

How appropriate that "HEY" is so big... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/2/2021 at 4:35 AM, Beerjeezus said:

He only puts them on to eat pussy

Oh God *shudders*

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

• Liam unpinned this topic