Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Three different people have told me they like my Green Day mask, and every time I can't help but think, do you actually know who it is?  What if they're thinking it's a totally different band? :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It’s always funny to see people who work with the band interacting with posts that look like early 2010s fangirl content :lol:

03f7eed1b8821116c3f5ec17c24734dccbd2ffc4

Who posted that?  Someone random and Hans liked it?

So what’s your answer btw, would you do it? 😬

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It’s always funny to see people who work with the band interacting with posts that look like early 2010s fangirl content :lol:

03f7eed1b8821116c3f5ec17c24734dccbd2ffc4

Sure, I just need protective clothes and a flamethrower!

Or I could just go around it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Who posted that?  Someone random and Hans liked it?

It was @thatbillie on instagram. I believe that’s a fan account, even though I have no idea where some of those photos came from.

If me stepping out of my comfort zone could be enough to save someone’s life, I would have to - as unpleasant as running through spider webs would be, it’s overall less of a cost than a life. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No. No, no, no, no, no.

Not even Billie Joe will get me to walk through that hell.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It was @thatbillie on instagram. I believe that’s a fan account, even though I have no idea where some of those photos came from.

If me stepping out of my comfort zone could be enough to save someone’s life, I would have to - as unpleasant as running through spider webs would be, it’s overall less of a cost than a life. :P

So true. All lives are equally valuable so it would definitely be worth doing this to save Billie or anyone else (maybe not Donald Trump LOL). Fortunately I am mostly OK with spiders, though as others pointed out there is likely a way around that LOL.

I think the scenario precludes going around. The question is "would you go through this".
My answer is absolutely! A world without Billie would be so much worse than being temporarily covered in sticky web and spiders. Plus, he would probably be grateful and remember me for the rest of his life if I saved it. Maybe I could befriend him and the rest of the boys and see GD shows for free from the best spot.

• Love 1

Oh the dilemma!  I am totally arachnophobia (still trying to forgive The Network for a brilliant song called Taran....... shudder) but Billie needs to be saved.  Is it wrong to scream for hubby to save Billie? He’s my usual spider killer 😁

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jengd said:

Oh the dilemma!  I am totally arachnophobia (still trying to forgive The Network for a brilliant song called Taran....... shudder) but Billie needs to be saved.  Is it wrong to scream for hubby to save Billie? He’s my usual spider killer 😁

I really wanted a pet tarantula when I was 8. 😶

6 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I think the scenario precludes going around. The question is "would you go through this".
My answer is absolutely! A world without Billie would be so much worse than being temporarily covered in sticky web and spiders. Plus, he would probably be grateful and remember me for the rest of his life if I saved it. Maybe I could befriend him and the rest of the boys and see GD shows for free from the best spot.

I am totally with you. Also, if he's that grateful, I wonder what else he might be willing to do. 🤣 Sorry, this inevitably had to get weird. 

Oh yeah, that's a really great one! Billie looks super beautiful even without any makeup on (or minimal). It's always cool to hear him talk about his guitars.

• Like 2

I remember that, went on for ages, it was a great back drop, fitted so well but it’s blanked out in all video outage, shame.

21 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am totally with you. Also, if he's that grateful, I wonder what else he might be willing to do. 🤣 Sorry, this inevitably had to get weird. 

I never thought I would say this, but I am actually slightly miffed that no one got upset about this post LOL. I thought for sure someone would be like, "You don't save someone's life to get them to have sex with you," and then I was going to be like, "Well, you don't save someone's life to make them befriend you or give you free concert tickets either, but here we are." In other words, this post was intended to be satire, but no one interacted with it enough to make it satirical LOL.

5 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

Was searching for something else when I ran across this.

https://www.loeb.com/en/insights/publications/2013/08/seltzer-v-green-day-inc

That’s interesting. I’m sure they’ve been involved in tons of lawsuits over the years, mostly for infringement. I wonder if there are any other decisions posted online like this one

2 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I never thought I would say this, but I am actually slightly miffed that no one got upset about this post LOL. I thought for sure someone would be like, "You don't save someone's life to get them to have sex with you," and then I was going to be like, "Well, you don't save someone's life to make them befriend you or give you free concert tickets either, but here we are." In other words, this post was intended to be satire, but no one interacted with it enough to make it satirical LOL.

But I think we got that you were being satirical, that and we all agreed with you 😂😂😂

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s interesting. I’m sure they’ve been involved in tons of lawsuits over the years, mostly for infringement. I wonder if there are any other decisions posted online like this one

It seems they go for settlements, considering how often they credit other writers on songs that potentially could bring lawsuits.

59 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It seems they go for settlements, considering how often they credit other writers on songs that potentially could bring lawsuits.

I’m sure they’ve learned to do it more preemptively over the years since the co-credits have been more common since 2012. Lawyers look for similarities before release, they pay the other writers and give them a credit to avoid litigation. But if that’s the case, I imagine prior it must have been common to get hit with lawsuits, and likely a lot of settlements reached.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I mean, I am not a legal scholar, but after reading that, it seemed like a pretty junk lawsuit.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

But I think we got that you were being satirical, that and we all agreed with you 😂😂😂

People here agree with me? That's a first. 🤣But in all seriousness, I am glad y'all got what I was going for.

That's a really interesting case. Didn't Oasis once try to sue (or discuss suing) Green Day over the claim that they stole the melody from Wonderwall in BOBD? :lol:

I don’t think they sued but at least one Gallagher has banged on for years about how awful GD are and that Billie should have waited until he was dead to steal his melody but there was a lot of “yeah, like it was your original in the first place” type of comment so don’t think it went anywhere.  I am not nearly well enough versed but I think the original is actually from a very popular and famous classical piece which musicians have been using/borrowing for years and years, such is the difficulty with music!

3 hours ago, jengd said:

I don’t think they sued but at least one Gallagher has banged on for years about how awful GD are and that Billie should have waited until he was dead to steal his melody but there was a lot of “yeah, like it was your original in the first place” type of comment so don’t think it went anywhere.  I am not nearly well enough versed but I think the original is actually from a very popular and famous classical piece which musicians have been using/borrowing for years and years, such is the difficulty with music!

I searched for the classical piece and what I found is that Wonderwall is supposed to be inspired by George Harrison’s Wonderwall Music, which I don’t quite hear, but I liked the first two songs that I listened to so I’ll finish the album later and maybe the melody pops up :P

6 hours ago, jengd said:

Something similar happened over Warning. Some nobody tried to sue them and then quietly went away when it was pointed out that they both probably stole from The Kinks’ Picture Book and he didn’t want to open the door to getting sued himself. The Kinks apparently never bothered with suing Green Day.

• Like 3

• Liam unpinned this topic