Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is the kind of thing they of course should be doing. Question is, why aren’t they?

Honestly they're not doing anything since the release of MM2020 Pt2.
Who the hell are they? Maybe recording Taxes is the reasons.

• Like 1

Watching Superstore season 3. Episode 11 has a LOT of Green Day references and songs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Watching Superstore season 3. Episode 11 has a LOT of Green Day references and songs.

I was just watching a new episode.   

I wonder if their store sells explicit cds or if they sell cds at all.   I wonder if they ever have really good deals on vinyl.    

Everytime Love Is for Losers pops up on my shuffle I'm reminded of just how good of a song it is and think of how much it deserved to be a hit single.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I finally figured out what the hell hooch is and it only took me nine goddamn years.

Still have to figure out what "dance in the cooch" is supposed to mean. Is that supposed to be a euphemism for sex?

• Like 1

On 12/01/2021 at 4:28 PM, The Grohl said:

These pictures are fucking terrible. This is what we got to make up for how delayed Cuatro was?? I just keep the pictures with the DVD and try to forget they exist. 

I know this is a late response, but I disagree because my box set burned with my house in 2013, pretty much right after i got it in the mail. Now you can't buy it, and it sucks because I'd love to have it back, shitty photos or not, it's still a rare thing to have at this point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, iTokerBoySwag said:

I know this is a late response, but I disagree because my box set burned with my house in 2013, pretty much right after i got it in the mail. Now you can't buy it, and it sucks because I'd love to have it back, shitty photos or not, it's still a rare thing to have at this point.

I get that. From that perspective it makes a lot of sense, but I still find the pictures to be lazy. They could've used some of the promo shots and just put them on postcards. What we got is a blurry mess. But if I were in your shoes, I would definitely miss the crappy photos, so I understand where you're coming from.

Here's random: Billie Joe is the exact same height as Charizard (and like 5 different legendary Pokémon).

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I get that. From that perspective it makes a lot of sense, but I still find the pictures to be lazy. They could've used some of the promo shots and just put them on postcards. What we got is a blurry mess. But if I were in your shoes, I would definitely miss the crappy photos, so I understand where you're coming from.

I don’t know if they are so much lazy as just in line with what they seem to like to do.  So often they seem to go for a style or look when we just want great, clear stuff to fangirl over.  Case in point, BIAB, we can blame Sam Bayer but GD must have given him permission to do all those weird effects, b&w switches etc when we just want hd!  Jonathan Weiner understands. 😉

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I don’t know if they are so much lazy as just in line with what they seem to like to do.  So often they seem to go for a style or look when we just want great, clear stuff to fangirl over.  Case in point, BIAB, we can blame Sam Bayer but GD must have given him permission to do all those weird effects, b&w switches etc when we just want hd!  Jonathan Weiner understands. 😉

I don't know I didn't think blurry out of focused pictures was a style they were going for 😅

Just now, The Grohl said:

I don't know I didn't think blurry out of focused pictures was a style they were going for 😅

I think they think it's more arty or cutting edge or less boy band or something 😄

• Haha 3

Someone needs to train Sam Bayer to apply Jonathan Weiner's HQ quality to his fetish for extreme closeups and then we'll be made in the shade. I'm telling y'all, gnat Sam Bayer is gonna pioneer that super ultra closeup 8K footage we've all been waiting for. Do you think he wears a teeny tiny wife beater? @Yosuke Hanamura @The Grohl

• Haha 4

Just now, Slave To The Network said:

Someone needs to train Sam Bayer to apply Jonathan Weiner's HQ quality to his fetish for extreme closeups and then we'll be made in the shade. I'm telling y'all, gnat Sam Bayer is gonna pioneer that super ultra closeup 8K footage we've all been waiting for. Do you think he wears a teeny tiny wife beater? @Yosuke Hanamura @The Grohl

Of course. That's all he wears. He has a closet full of teeny tiny wife beaters :lol:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

Someone needs to train Sam Bayer to apply Jonathan Weiner's HQ quality to his fetish for extreme closeups and then we'll be made in the shade. 

And then we need that camera guy with his priorities straight to teach Sam where to point the damn thing.

Then we can get some good photos 😏

• Love 2

Gnat Sam Bayer and his closet of teeny tiny wife beaters. Sounds like a fucked up children's book.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slave To The Network said:

As long as he kicks teeny tiny fucking asses.

5QBL8X.gif

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

Are you sure it’s a good idea? If given the chance, Sam Bayer will make 8K detail shots of individual pores and his other hobby is zooming in super close on pimples. I’m a little worried how this would  turn out

• Haha 4

On 2/4/2021 at 7:45 AM, Slave To The Network said:

Here's random: Billie Joe is the exact same height as Charizard (and like 5 different legendary Pokémon).

This made me want to know if he shares his height with any of the Trainers from Sword and Shield and... it's just Chairman Rose. I was hoping it'd be a decent character but no, just bloody Rose! :lol: Unless we say he's 5'8", because I'm almost 5'8" and he was at least an inch taller than me... in which case he's the same height as Gordie and Piers!

On a random Pokemon-related note, one of the characters in my (deadly serious) Pokemon fanfic is an actor, so I couldn't resist "Unovan Idiot"

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e

americanidiot-prod-hr.jpg

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic