Dookie Converse to celebrate it's 20th Anniversary

Annie, get your gun

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure, once it gets closer to the actual anniversary, there will be a lot more going on than just shoes.

I hope so. I expected something at the 15th anniversary, NOTHING happened.

Dookie ones are ugly, the only reason I'd be interested in them is if I was a collecter but nope, they really don't do it for me.
The American Idiot ones, HOLY FUCK!! I need those :D

I hope so. I expected something at the 15th anniversary, NOTHING happened.

That's more than likely because Green Day already had a fuckton of other things going on in 2009. Album launch, musical development and premiere, all past albums re-released on vinyl, etc. Besides, a 15th anniversary really isn't that important, compared to a 20th. *And* if I may be particularly honest, while all that extra shit is cool and all, most of that stuff comes about as a way to generate additional revenue and cultural awareness for bands that haven't been in the spotlight for awhile. Which Green Day definitely did not need in 2009.

That said, one could easily argue that maybe Green Day still doesn't need the extra publicity or that they may still end up having something else going on in 2014 that overshadows any anniversaries (though, aside from any leftover trilogy touring, that doesn't seem likely), but I think the sneakpeek at these converse is a sign that both the 20th anniversary of Dookie and the 10th anniversary of AI will be celebrated in style.

Please, release some unrealeased tracks and demos. Or, release some rare footage of the band backstage during the Dookie Era. That really would be awesome, to look what the band were at backstage and know their feelings.

This thread is to talk about the shoes :P But who knows? Maybe they release that dvd with old footage around that time ;)

I'll be buying both the Dookie and the AI ones since I waited too long with the trilogy converse. :D I wish the Dookie ones were high tops too though. Still, awesome! :D

WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!! Since they won't be released for a while, hopefully I'll have some money and treat myself to them. Both of those shoes look friggin sweet...better than the trilogy ones in my opinion :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

I found a new pic from the Dookie ones, and look -they have all the song titles on the flaps! :woot:

424494_581494828530759_663820323_n.jpg

Green Day x Converse Chuck Taylor "Dookie"

Green Day fans recognize the artwork of the group’s first studio album, “Dookie”, within a second of viewing it. Now the iconic art has made its way onto a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor Low. The "Dookie" is now available at CROSSOVER.

I found a new pic from the Dookie ones, and look -they have all the song titles on the flaps! :woot:

Green Day fans recognize the artwork of the group’s first studio album, “Dookie”, within a second of viewing it. Now the iconic art has made its way onto a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor Low. The "Dookie" is now available at CROSSOVER.

So are they available yet? And where can a person buy them?

I can't find a way to get them online from that Crossover store so hopefully they show up in Journey's or something soon because those are beautiful shoes

424494_581494828530759_663820323_n.jpg

Those shoes are the shit. Get it get it? :P No but really, those look great. If I see them in a shop once they're available I might buy a pair.

Ohhhh I want them!! I wish I had money.

Released in 2014? Maybe I can save money for those...

These are the best shoes I've ever seen, I need them. I'd be scared to wear them cause I wouldn't want to wreck them.

Archived