Green Day Tweets

Fuzz

On 8/27/2017 at 6:38 PM, Caroline Truong said:

i knew it..i am not surprised..that he has asthma!.and who is jesse Michael?..

#pacejunkie..it is just condition that everyone as..my brother and some of my relative as it. Someone is born with it..or many they're has been smoking a lot.it is not disease you know!

Jesse is probably best known for his days as Op Ivy's front man.  He still writes, mostly about social issues.  ;)  

On 8/28/2017 at 1:55 AM, MMwhatsername said:

I think it could have something to do with the new management. Maybe they were told to get more active there?

I wish they would concentrate on Instagram and Facebook though, I personally don't like Twitter that much and hardly ever use it, but now that the boys do it I will have to check it more often I guess... :dry:

Yeah, gotta teach my old ass self another social media platform.  Just when I thought Twitter was losing ground to Instagram...  I can totally relate to Billie's awkward Insta live videos:  "where's the button that males them go away..."  :lol:

On 8/28/2017 at 5:01 PM, melissi_unicorn said:

Exactly! I'm almost afraid to go to sleep cause I could miss something, haha. 

Right!?  Billie with those damn late night live videos on Instagram!  Only time I was able to catch those was when I was up all night driving from gig to gig.  

6 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

After the show last night I was thinking "there's no way this man is 45". So whatever products he's using that allows him to run around like a man half his age, they're working! 

he wanted cut out on taking tums..awhile he is getting older..:lol:

6 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

She might know who he is and it still can be a troll. She might be a friend of that person. 

Someone who knows the band would most likely troll for the same reason other people do - for the hell of it. Or she could be just dumb idk.

Kingston isn't legit. Come on :P

Agreed. "Joseph Kingston" isn't affiliated with the band. I have some mutual friends with Spade, (and the person who runs the Joseph Kingston account, for that matter.) from when we all used to live in LA. Not really any need for speculation, Joe is just Joe. (And "Joe" is a notorious troll, believe me.) :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherribomb said:

Agreed. "Joseph Kingston" isn't affiliated with the band. I have some mutual friends with Spade, (and the person who runs the Joseph Kingston account, for that matter.) from when we all used to live in LA. Not really any need for speculation, Joe is just Joe. (And "Joe" is a notorious troll, believe me.) :lol:

How odd. People who dedicate years of their lives pretending to be somebody else (in the case of Joe) in the slightest hope that for five seconds someone might believe them? And in the case of Spade, stranger still, she not only participates in this stupidity but goes further by having a tumblr where she writes love songs for years referencing GD many of which she tags for Kingston and links to her twitter. All in the name of trolling? So odd, especially for someone who is friends with the band. Actually, if true it is beyond sad and disturbing. 

21 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

How odd. People who dedicate years of their lives pretending to be somebody else (in the case of Joe) in the slightest hope that for five seconds someone might believe them? And in the case of Spade, stranger still, she not only participates in this stupidity but goes further by having a tumblr where she writes love songs for years referencing GD many of which she tags for Kingston and links to her twitter. All in the name of trolling? So odd, especially for someone who is friends with the band. Actually, if true it is beyond sad and disturbing. 

This whole debate that's been going on for years has always been very amusing to me, because the truth of the matter is that anyone who isn't in our friend circle doesn't know who we are or anything we do. It's all speculation. The whole idea of anyone mentioned here being involved with Green Day is ridiculous. Even Spade isn't involved with Green Day, she just knows Jeff from mutual acquaintances. I don't think silly rumors like this should have any place in the Green Day fandom. The fact that it's even talked about makes us look crazy and dumb. It gives people a reason to cringe at us.

• Like 1

Jeff has become friends with many fans over twitter over the years it seems. I don't think it's the first time he's met up with them. And joe Kingston was outed as not being billie (but whoever it was, definitely tried to make it seem that way when they had the attention of the fans, in desperate and very obvious ways) a long time ago. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

Jeff has become friends with many fans over twitter over the years it seems. I don't think it's the first time he's met up with them. And joe Kingston was outed as not being billie (but whoever it was, definitely tried to make it seem that way when they had the attention of the fans, in desperate and very obvious ways) a long time ago. 

Exactly. Don't really see anything to discuss/debate here

9 hours ago, sherribomb said:

Haha tell Joe he should use two full stops instead of a proper ellipsis. It gives him away.. ;)

8 hours ago, sherribomb said:

I don't think silly rumors like this should have any place in the Green Day fandom. The fact that it's even talked about makes us look crazy and dumb. It gives people a reason to cringe at us.

Well given that being talked about by other fans (who thought Kingston was Billie) was the entire point of this ridiculousness I'd say you/they didn't think this one through.

7 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

I wasn't particularly following it back then as it seemed pretty dumb to me and I immediately concluded it was a sad teenager. Jeff really needs to stop making friends with fans though if the fans he brings backstage dedicate this much time (literally years) to pretending to be his bandmates and writing bizarre love songs to Billie. Anyway... Moving on.

K but Do any of you even know Spade? I met her online when she was 13. I've hung out with her several times. She isn't what any of you think she is, and worrying about the poetry of an angsty 13 year old girl who was just trying to find her place is just heartless. 

She isn't JosephKingston and she never was. She's come so far from the time I first met her to now, and obviously earned the respect of Jeff. So obviously there's something more to her that you don't see or don't know. I will most definitely not be returning to this forum. I'm just here to defend a friend who has been nothing but kindhearted to those of us who actually took the time to know her.

I watched my friend Spade do something so kind to another friend in Hartford. Making fun of her for her angsty teenage years and for growing up to be kinda dorky and goofy honestly sickens me

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Jeff really needs to stop making friends with fans though if the fans he brings backstage dedicate this much time (literally years) to pretending to be his bandmates and writing bizarre love songs to Billie. Anyway... Moving on.

I'd say Jeff can hang out with whoever he likes. :ga:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mommy's Little Nightmare said:

K but Do any of you even know Spade? I met her online when she was 13. I've hung out with her several times. She isn't what any of you think she is, and worrying about the poetry of an angsty 13 year old girl who was just trying to find her place is just heartless. 

She isn't JosephKingston and she never was. She's come so far from the time I first met her to now, and obviously earned the respect of Jeff. So obviously there's something more to her that you don't see or don't know. I will most definitely not be returning to this forum. I'm just here to defend a friend who has been nothing but kindhearted to those of us who actually took the time to know her.

I watched my friend Spade do something so kind to another friend in Hartford. Making fun of her for her angsty teenage years and for growing up to be kinda dorky and goofy honestly sickens me

Firstly I initially thought she and Kingston might actually be genuine so I wasn't "making fun" of her I genuinely find it disturbing that people were doing what she and Kingston were doing for years. Also from what I gather she is not 13 now and the poems/songs I am referring to are dated 2017. Also you take a strange view that worrying is heartless. Anyway we've moved passed this discussion since we now know it's all bullshit.

25 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

what is a Ace of cups?..:dry:

San Francisco's first all-female rock band from the 60s.

I don't even know or care what the discussion is about but is bitching about and "investigating" a random fan still going on here? If so can it stop please, GDC isn't the place for it and this thread is supposed to be for discussing GD's tweets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't even know or care what the discussion is about but is bitching about and "investigating" a random fan still going on here? If so can it stop please, GDC isn't the place for it and this thread is supposed to be for discussing GD's tweets.

In fairness nobody would have been discussing the "random" fan (Kingston etc) in the first place if they hadn't been deliberately trying to convince fans they were Billie. GDC had massive discussions about this in the past as I understand it. Anyway once I figured out it was all bullshit I and everyone else stopped talking about these people.

5 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

^^^ Billie is finally using proper punctuation. :lol:

I noticed that too - why does he deem twitter worthy of writing properly but not instagram? lol