Green Day Tweets

Fuzz

I swear it gives me hope to see him post openly on IG about Cometbus (all of his bands are what one might call "punk" as opposed to "pop-punk" etc and obviously he is a very serious/legit writer) and hopefully PHGP may be doing something together or even just getting Billie's harder/grittier/more serious creative juices flowing and then this post in the same night?! Suddenly I feel a bit more hope for 2016...hmm.

2 hours ago, st_trillie said:

I swear it gives me hope to see him post openly on IG about Cometbus (all of his bands are what one might call "punk" as opposed to "pop-punk" etc and obviously he is a very serious/legit writer) and hopefully PHGP may be doing something together or even just getting Billie's harder/grittier/more serious creative juices flowing and then this post in the same night?! Suddenly I feel a bit more hope for 2016...hmm.

I think people who know what cometbus is thought the same thing when they saw that post."Waiting for cometbus" but for what? for hanging out or reviving Pinhead gunpowder..and then this tweet,destroying pop-punk as a mission.

It would be great if the new year is gonna bring  reunion of Pinhead Gunpowder.I hope that it's not only "waiting for a friend to hang out" selfie. And getting excited for new PHGP is not weird because they didn't confirm to break up.There is still hope that they'll be back.

Edited by Private Ale.

6 hours ago, Fuzz said:

So...how would one destroy that phrase? By making a punk album that doesn't feel middle of the road. I don't care what your opinion is, that's how I'm taking it.

That's how I'd like to interpret it. Might be wishful thinking.

• Like 1

billie sure is kinda refering to this quotes of him

"Punk has always been about doing things your own way. What it represents for me is ultimate freedom and a sense of individuality."

"Punk is not just the sound, the music. Punk is a lifestyle."

just because they are classified as a "punk" band this doesnt mean they have to play pure "punk" .. the next album and musical direction will definitly show GDs / billies personal meaning of being "punk" .. just play the music you enjoy playing and you want to share with others ;)

I really hope it means a harder sound again. I would love another album like Insomniac. 

• Like 4

Well, taking "I'm not Justin Bieber, you motherfuckers" into consideration, that is the dumbest thing Billie has ever said so far. Makes him sound like generic self-indulgent washed up aging punk rocker. Well, I guess he's off exploring new depths again. :lol:

• Like 3