Green Day References

Liam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So I watched That 90s Show on Netflix yesterday and one of the girls is wearing a Green Day shirt in one episode, I was really hoping for something GD related to be in that show! 

• Like 3

On 1/20/2023 at 11:32 PM, Maddie86 said:

So I watched That 90s Show on Netflix yesterday and one of the girls is wearing a Green Day shirt in one episode, I was really hoping for something GD related to be in that show! 

On AmazonPrime Freevee theres another 90s Show called "High School" about the Canadian twin sister pop duo Tegan and Sara.

On the 3rd Episode an Insomniac Era Green Day Concert is the Main Theme.

Also right at the beginning of that Episode "Geek Stink Breath" is playing on a Car radio.

https://www.rogerebert.com/streaming/high-school-freevee-review-2022

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't remember if I or anyone else ever posted this before, but in one episode of Friends (I think the one where someone gets a Porsche?) there's a Green Day poster on the wall in the background. 

• 4 weeks later...

Recently started watching the original run of Waterloo Road from the very first series, the last ep of series 1 has WMUWSE as the music over the opening scene, and in series 2 Mika has a GD poster in her bedroom that can be seen in multiple episodes. These series originally aired during 2006 & 2007 so it makes sense GD would show up at some point with the show revolving around teenagers and it being just after the AI boom 😅

• 1 month later...

This tweet isn't about Green Day but contains obvious references

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2023 at 2:33 AM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

This tweet isn't about Green Day but contains obvious references

On 3/30/2023 at 5:12 AM, squinty bitch said:

Never thought I'd see a GD reference from fucking Ed Miliband but here we are :blink:

Quote Dail Mail today:

"Yesterday was Green Day the preposterously titled UK  Government's latest madcap energy plans for making us colder and poorer. Presumably, the Government had no idea that Green Day is also the name of a popular American punk rock group, whose breakthrough hit was called Basket Case.

Come to think of it what would be more appropriate. The Government appears determined to turn Britain into an economic basket case." lol.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ThibautDookie said:

Classic ❤️ the best teen movie ever!

Wait, was that „Sherminator“ ? 😂😂

I know the songs was in the movie but I‘ve never seen it. Wasn‘t really a hit here in germany :(

• Like 1

Just now, Insomniac90 said:

Wait, was that „Sherminator“ ? 😂😂

I know the songs was in the movie but I‘ve never seen it. Wasn‘t really a hit here in germany :(

Yes that is in fact Chris Owen and if you look closely you can see that he's wearing an old school Rancid shirt!

1 hour ago, ThibautDookie said:

Yes that is in fact Chris Owen and if you look closely you can see that he's wearing an old school Rancid shirt!

Such a Cool dude!

Only saw him on The Mist besides the American Pie Movies.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Call me crazy but I swear Ultra Q's new video is referencing Green Day:

At 1:33 it looks like the shot of Billie on the couch from Longview

At 1:45 it looks like the shot of the band walking through the crowd from Kill the DJ

2:30 is a reference to WICA

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

At 1:45 it looks like the shot of the band walking through the crowd from Kill the DJ

It's almost exactly like Green Day walking along in WICA down to the striped jumper! Think I caught the couch and yeah walking through the crowd like Kill the DJ 

• 3 months later...

Ignore the shitty meme, it just came up in a random Snapchat video and I'm posting cos Billie

IMG-20230730-201952.jpg

• 1 month later...

Omg I totally forgot to mention - I was at a gig a couple weeks ago and before the bands started coming on and during intervals they were just playing random songs over the speakers with the music videos playing on the screens - both 21 Guns and AI played 😁

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

A few days ago I was watching tv (something i barely do these days) and a guy I can't stand, that hosts a gossip show, was being interviewed and before I changed the channel he started talking about when he started being a fan around Dookie era, and he had a band that played covers. I won't say I love him now, but I kind of tolerate him a little bit :lol: 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

In Family Switch (worst fucking movie ever) they said Ed Helms was in a band with a color. Someone said Green Day or Black Sabbath.
Turns out it was Maroon 6.

And Weezer is in the movie.

I repeat tho. Worst fucking movie ever.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:19 AM, The Grohl said:

I think they used the parts of the videos with the "ai touch"

There are parts of 21 guns too

I'm listening to The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman right now and one of the characters said the phrase horseshoes and hand grenades. Guess what I thought of immediately! :lol: Great song! I wish they would bring that back on tour. Or any abandoned 21CB song for that matter. :( 

• Like 1