Green Day Dreams

Liam

On 4/4/2021 at 11:45 PM, Slave To The Network said:

@Montclare, I need to thank you! I've been experiencing a dearth of Green Day dreams for awhile now, but I think reading your dream sparked my brain into action somehow because I had three last night! The last one was of Mike singing an outstanding version of "We Are The Champions" and some other great songs. It didn't even sound anything like him. He was also playing a non-bass guitar.

I am so jealous :lol: You're having THREE GD dreams. Meanwhile some of us are having a drought! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I am so jealous :lol: You're having THREE GD dreams. Meanwhile some of us are having a drought! 

What can I say? I can't control my brain. It does what it fucking wants. Sometimes it's the same nightmares over and over about school and sometimes it's a Green Day dream jackpot. :lol:
If it helps, I feel like when I immediately write the GD dreams down, it stimulates me to have more and strengthens my recall. Often when I get lazy and just go back to sleep without logging anything then I don't have them for awhile.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Grohl said:

My last three dreams have been about Ctulhu trying to scare me and failing, then I had a dream in which I was pondering if growing oyster mushrooms on boats would have helped avoid malnutrition and scurvy, and finally, I dreamed someone was trying to sell me oregano claiming it’s LSD. I can’t say it’s a drought in the dream department, but wtf, brain, wtf!

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

My last three dreams have been about Ctulhu trying to scare me and failing, then I had a dream in which I was pondering if growing oyster mushrooms on boats would have helped avoid malnutrition and scurvy, and finally, I dreamed someone was trying to sell me oregano claiming it’s LSD. I can’t say it’s a drought in the dream department, but wtf, brain, wtf!

Wow, I love it! :lol: So stupid, but so fun. I guess your brain was really trying to tackle life's big questions with that mushroom dream, huh?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slave To The Network said:

Wow, I love it! :lol: So stupid, but so fun. I guess your brain was really trying to tackle life's big questions with that mushroom dream, huh?

Absolutely :lol: I eventually googled nutritional values of mushrooms when I woke up, just to see if I was onto something.

• Haha 1

I had one last night where I was talking with a friend about Billie and explaining why I love him so much and how he is a genuinely wonderful, talented, and sweet person. My friend started coming around and developing an appreciation for him and was able to enjoy Green Day music more. I found him watching the performance they did of "Working Class Hero" (But for some reason Billie was singing a cover of "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. :huh: It was surprisingly very good, but definitely not the right song.) My friend mentioned that he thought Billie's singing was actually really good and I said something like "Yeah, he has a really beautiful voice. Doesn't he? He also looks great in that performance." I told him I had the song and could send him the file for it if he wanted it.

Man, I really wish my friends liked and appreciated Green Day and Billie for real! :(

• Like 2

This is my most recent Green Day dream:  I was helping Billie Joe unload supplies from off of a small boat. At one point I dropped a gym bag in the water but I picked it up right away and it was ok.   Then later I was in a hospital room recovering from some kind of minor surgery. I asked if Billie Joe was still there and from across the room he told me that he was.  The best part of the dream was when he hugged me. I was leaning against his chest and he was wearing a navy blue vest or sweater. Then we were waiting for Adrienne to meet us somewhere. I saw a picture of her that was a Japanese Anime.  But in the anime she had white hair. I was thinking that whoever drew it got her hair wrong. Then I realized it has been years since I have seen a recent picture of her so it is possible that her hair may have turned white. After all she is my age and my hair is turning white.

But I woke up before she got there.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 11:45 PM, Slave To The Network said:

I had one last night where I was talking with a friend about Billie and explaining why I love him so much and how he is a genuinely wonderful, talented, and sweet person. My friend started coming around and developing an appreciation for him and was able to enjoy Green Day music more. I found him watching the performance they did of "Working Class Hero" (But for some reason Billie was singing a cover of "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. :huh: It was surprisingly very good, but definitely not the right song.) My friend mentioned that he thought Billie's singing was actually really good and I said something like "Yeah, he has a really beautiful voice. Doesn't he? He also looks great in that performance." I told him I had the song and could send him the file for it if he wanted it.

Man, I really wish my friends liked and appreciated Green Day and Billie for real! :(

Now I want Billie to sing Jolene :lol:

I feel you about wanting your friends to appreciate Billie. One of my friends is a casual fan and I accomplished to get another friend to understand what I like about Billie when I showed him the longshot and kevin - apparently, Green Day isn’t punk enough, but liking Billie because he still plays in bars and has a cute boyfriend is understandable. :P Maybe that’s the way to convert people.

• Haha 4

He's definitely got the voice for it. If he can sing Everly Brothers covers with Norah then he can sing other old country too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Now I want Billie to sing Jolene :lol:

I feel you about wanting your friends to appreciate Billie. One of my friends is a casual fan and I accomplished to get another friend to understand what I like about Billie when I showed him the longshot and kevin - apparently, Green Day isn’t punk enough, but liking Billie because he still plays in bars and has a cute boyfriend is understandable. :P Maybe that’s the way to convert people.

Clearly Kevin is the way to win people over 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Had a very bizarre dream last night that was like watching random scenes of Green Day on a tour bus and there was...weird stuff going on. Not going to try to explain here LOL.

Alright I had kind of (and by that I mean really) weird one last night.

I was in a car in the Safeway parking lot near my house. I noticed another car and Billie and Mike were in it. They seemed to be discussing new GD songs. My car wasn't functioning and I was barely able to move it or steer it, but I wanted to get closer. While I was struggling to move my car, the one with Billie and Mike appeared to have left. I was scanning all the parking spots, looking for them, then got out. Their car was on top of a massive truck and I could tell there was something wrong. Billie and Mike jumped out of the car, but were attached to it by long ropes with hooks on the ends and looked like they needed help. I went over to them and cut the ropes or detached them somehow. Mike was fine, but the remaining rope was wrapped tightly around Billie's torso.
I walked to the other side of the store, to where the other entrance was, along a sidewalk and then stopped where it curved around the building and was more secluded. I must have given some indication to Billie and Mike to follow me because they did. This whole time, there were barely any people around anywhere. I was able to get the rope off of Billie and it seemed like he had been hurt by it. I don't know how, but somehow I knew that the pressure of the rope had done something to his heart. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and pressed my hand into his chest. I could feel Billie's heart beating, but it was slow and irregular. Apparently the solution to this in the dream was to press harder, and I knew that, to kind of "reset" it by stopping it and restarting it. That's absolutely not how it works, but this was a dream so whatever. I was about to do that, but then neither Billie nor Mike were there anymore and I was alone. It was almost like they were never there. I was extremely sad about this and didn't know what to do. I don't remember anything beyond that point.

• Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed that GD released a live CD of the RevRad Tour and I listened to the live version of Troubled Times, where Billie played acoustic guitar and the crowd went totally crazy. Waking up was really disappointing 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I really love that song. Too bad there are few good quality live performances of it out there. What a great dream!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2012 at 1:30 AM, Sarcasm said:

I've dreamed that I've played live them like 50 times over the last 8 years.

thumb.png

I had a fairly long one the other night.

I was in a text chain (or maybe it was voice chat?) with a coworker, some other person, and Billie. We were talking about social and political issues or something like that and I mentioned I had a dream last night where Billie punched a neo-Nazi (I have not had that dream… yet) and I was proud of him. Everyone liked that and then there was some planning to get together in person.
   I was super nervous and frantically running around cleaning up and trying to make the house look nice because OMG Billie was going to be in my house! I texted Billie and the others and told them to let me know when they were leaving so I’d have an idea of when to expect them. I wanted to know how much I could get done in that time to make everything look good.

The scene changed and I was at a weird hybrid between and airport and a train station waiting for people (I guess we were meeting here, even though earlier it seemed they were driving to my house). I saw the other person, who I don’t know, and my coworker walking toward me and then Billie followed. He looked like he does in his off time. He was wearing jeans and a flannel and had shorter hair, but his bangs were hanging over his forehead and not gelled up like they often are. He had some scruff, but not a full on beard (which I was grateful for). It was still enough to complete the “I’m not working right now so I’m not all prettied up” look. I was still thrilled, though, because it was Billie. I didn’t really want to hug the other two, but I had an intense urge to hug Billie.

The scene changed again and we were in my room this time. My room is very small and I only have one chair at my desk and then my bed, so there’s not many places to sit other than that. My coworker was in the desk chair, the other person was sitting on the desk, and Billie was sitting on my bed, leaning up against the headboard… on the side where I sleep. I was freaking out internally!

One of the things I pride myself on is being an excellent host, so of course I had food and drinks for everyone. I brought up hard cider and charcuterie. I think that’s where the dream ended because I can’t remember any more. I think we were going to play board games or something.

• Like 1

Recently had a dream that green day announced a secret show in Oakland that was scheduled to happen right before the hella mega tour started. I live an hour from oakland and was able to get tickets to it. No other bands were playing. Just them :happyhands: What a dream... 

• Like 2

I wish your dream became a reality. I'd give so much to see a show with just GD! :lol:

I had a dream the other night where I was talking to my coworker and she said she didn't really like GD that much (not true) and I said something like "Oh, I bet I could find something by them that you'll like. There's a Green Day song for everyone." It must be true though. They're so varied in style and sound that even someone who doesn't care for them overall can probably find at least a handful of songs that they can enjoy. Plus they're just genuinely excellent musicians.

• Like 4

I had ANOTHER dream (not that I'm complaining 😉), this one with just Billie only. It was pretty damn random. He asked me to help clean out his basement and then invited me to swim in his pool afterwards. I'll leave out some steamy details but let's just say it was a good ass dream...I keep thinking about it. Adrienne would not have approved :lol: 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Cali_gd89 said:

I had ANOTHER dream (not that I'm complaining 😉), this one with just Billie only. It was pretty damn random. He asked me to help clean out his basement and then invited me to swim in his pool afterwards. I'll leave out some steamy details but let's just say it was a good ass dream...I keep thinking about it. Adrienne would not have approved :lol: 

Is dream envy a thing 😂

• Haha 1

Last night, all I got was a dream about having a rash on my face and meanwhile  you’re getting laid with Succubus Billie. that’s unfair! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha! Don't be too envious. Those dreams are rare. You all will have your chance to have one too, I'm sure  :ga: 

18 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Last night, all I got was a dream about having a rash on my face and meanwhile  you’re getting laid with Succubus Billie. that’s unfair! :lol:

Wouldn't Billie be an Incubus since he's male? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/28/2021 at 6:40 AM, Slave To The Network said:

Wouldn't Billie be an Incubus since he's male? :lol:

I’m not an expert in demonology, so you’re probably right! :lol:

• Haha 2