Singles from ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre!

Fuzz

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, it seems pretty likely that 99 Revolutions will be a single. But I really hope it's not. It's one of my least favorite songs of the whole trilogy. Plus, the world knows Green Day can do great political songs - I think it'd be more interesting if they released something different. Maybe less expected by casual or non fans.

I'm 4765176187% sure that 99 Revolutions will be a single.

Almost definitely not going to happen. If it does, it'll be a radio single. There's no point in them releasing any more singles after X-Kid (even X-Kid being properly released is dubious). Dos got one single, and that album was a mega-hit in comparison to Tre.

Almost definitely not going to happen. If it does, it'll be a radio single. There's no point in them releasing any more singles after X-Kid (even X-Kid being properly released is dubious). Dos got one single, and that album was a mega-hit in comparison to Tre.

Maybe.. What I actually thought is that because of Green Day´s "break" the last months, they'd release all the Dos and Tre singles in 2013 (except Stray Heart that was already released), so Green Day can perform the new singles in award shows e.t.c.

I hope there are more Singles going to be released on CD. :/ I dont like all the digital releases we got so far. Well let´s see what they do with X-Kid and hopefully the following singles. :D

Maybe.. What I actually thought is that because of Green Day´s "break" the last months, they'd release all the Dos and Tre singles in 2013 (except Stray Heart that was already released), so Green Day can perform the new singles in award shows e.t.c.

The Trilogy was a commercial failure beyond redemption. Releasing singles would be of no benefit whatsoever; you've got to remember that the only point of singles commercial. 99% of bands don't release singles for the sake of releasing singles. If X-Kid is ever released, it will be the last one.

The Trilogy was a commercial failure beyond redemption. Releasing singles would be of no benefit whatsoever; you've got to remember that the only point of singles commercial. 99% of bands don't release singles for the sake of releasing singles. If X-Kid is ever released, it will be the last one.

I disagree. Because Green Day wasn't able to promote the albums after Billie entered rehab, there was less opportunity to make the public more aware of them. The lack of appearances on Jay Leno, Ellen, etc certainly had a huge impact on how well the albums sold. Likewise, with the band absent, there haven't really been any singles since Oh Love anyway. Kill The DJ was just in the UK and Let Yourself Go seemed more like a random promo single than anything real and meant for radio airplay. Stray Heart was all screwed up and I don't think it was actually sent to radio. I don't even know what happened with The Forgotten, but it was for Twilight, not Tré. So Dos and Tré basically haven't had any singles, and coupling that with the fact that the band haven't done any interviews or performances since September is what lead to the lackluster sales.

Now that Billie is almost ready to get back out there again, I wouldn't be surprised if they kind of pick up where they left off and revive the trilogy a bit. Between now and March would be a great time to release a new single, and if Green Day can make a few TV appearances and maybe a good magazine cover or two, I'm sure the albums will start gaining some more traction. They probably won't be as big as American Idiot or anything, but I'm sure they can sell a little better and maybe get some radio airplay.

I think the trilogy still has a chance, only because the band promoting it a little now can go a long way.

I disagree. Because Green Day wasn't able to promote the albums after Billie entered rehab, there was less opportunity to make the public more aware of them. The lack of appearances on Jay Leno, Ellen, etc certainly had a huge impact on how well the albums sold. Likewise, with the band absent, there haven't really been any singles since Oh Love anyway. Kill The DJ was just in the UK and Let Yourself Go seemed more like a random promo single than anything real and meant for radio airplay. Stray Heart was all screwed up and I don't think it was actually sent to radio. I don't even know what happened with The Forgotten, but it was for Twilight, not Tré. So Dos and Tré basically haven't had any singles, and coupling that with the fact that the band haven't done any interviews or performances since September is what lead to the lackluster sales.

Now that Billie is almost ready to get back out there again, I wouldn't be surprised if they kind of pick up where they left off and revive the trilogy a bit. Between now and March would be a great time to release a new single, and if Green Day can make a few TV appearances and maybe a good magazine cover or two, I'm sure the albums will start gaining some more traction. They probably won't be as big as American Idiot or anything, but I'm sure they can sell a little better and maybe get some radio airplay.

I think the trilogy still has a chance, only because the band promoting it a little now can go a long way.

Each of the songs you mentioned were proper singles; Stray Heart didn't 'screw up', it just experienced very little airplay. Uno had three proper singles, and Dos has had one. X-Kid, hopefully, will be the single for Tre, and that will be it. The Trilogy had little commercial potential from the start - it was meant for the fans, not the mainstream. Oh Love was meant to be a big comeback single, and it was a flop. Tre was moved forward to December to get the whole Trilogy out of the way, so that the band could start afresh after Billie's rehab. Promotion of the Trilogy outside of touring could potentially give a slight boost in album sales, but not enough for it to be worth the label's time. There's just no point in doing all this promotion and single stuff when all the band wants to do is get out there are tour the hell out of planet earth.

I disagree entirely that there shouldn't be any singles. Do you people think that an album only sells for the first week then they just take it off the shelves or something? Many people weren't even aware of the trilogy, and would buy the album or at least listen to it if a solid single like X-Kid was released. Stray Heart was a failure. If a single doesn't chart or recieve much airplay, than it's failing as it's only purpose is to be heard. I've only heard this trilogy twice outside of my own home. Once in Hot Topic, the other in.. I think Hot Topic as well actually. My friend who works there is a big GD fan.

Anyways, there is no reason NOT to promote this anymore. Sure, it was never going to be the mainstream, and was clearly directed at fans, but Uno charted at #2! Dos at what, 9? Doesn't that show that, with a bit of real fucking promotion, all three of these things could have actually charted well? There had better be atleast one single for Tre, and that had better be X-Kid.

Also, lots of bands (tons and tons) release singles and music videos well after the albums release. If promoting after the release didn't matter why do they tour? I don't understand how you all want this thing to just die out when it's barely had time to live. Now more than ever they need to promote this trilogy to death. The deluxe boxset is still available everywhere, I'm even getting it.

I don't know what's gonna happen with X-Kid but in my opinion, their best chance of a successful single from this era was Kill the DJ. I truly believe that if they had played KTD instead of Let Yourself Go at the MTV VMAs, it could've been huge.

I don't know what's gonna happen with X-Kid but in my opinion, their best chance of a successful single from this era was Kill the DJ. I truly believe that if they had played KTD instead of Let Yourself Go at the MTV VMAs, it could've been huge.

I also think that X-Kid won't be the thing that could take Green Day to the top, but is the best song from ¡Tré! and I can't see other song from ¡Tré! that could be a success

Of course bands can release singles months after the actual album is out. Singles aren't just there to promote the album when it's released, it's for promotion in general and presence in the mainstream media. I think even if the albums are months old, the band should still keep releasing singles. It's not like the albums are gone forever, they're still on the shelves. Sleeping hits happen all the time.

Theoretically, they could still release Lazy Bones as a single and it could be a huge hit, it could boost Green Day back into the major mainstream and boost the sales of the trilogy a bit. For example: You know that song "Too Close" by Alex Clare? That song was released like a year after the album with that song was released. And it was a hit.

Also, Green Day released Nice Guys Finish Last as a single in 1999, two years after Nimrod was out. It's never too late to release a song as a single... If a song is good, it's good. They could still have a hit.

I'm really hoping for Lazy Bones as a single, I think it could be huge with a fun video. Well I also thought Stray Heart was going to be a hit, but I think that one just failed because it had zero promotion at all.

Also, Green Day released Nice Guys Finish Last as a single in 1999, two years after Nimrod was out. It's never too late to release a song as a single... If a song is good, it's good. They could still have a hit.

I didn't know that thing about Nice Guys Finish Last, and now I think that they could release even Wild One as a single

well...We can not know how it goes with xkid. Let me give an example. Stray heart is released as a single several months ago, but here in Italy is only two weeks it's going great. Switch on all radio stations, often on MTV, and is also in a TV program.

Of course bands can release singles months after the actual album is out. Singles aren't just there to promote the album when it's released, it's for promotion in general and presence in the mainstream media. I think even if the albums are months old, the band should still keep releasing singles. It's not like the albums are gone forever, they're still on the shelves. Sleeping hits happen all the time.

Theoretically, they could still release Lazy Bones as a single and it could be a huge hit, it could boost Green Day back into the major mainstream and boost the sales of the trilogy a bit. For example: You know that song "Too Close" by Alex Clare? That song was released like a year after the album with that song was released. And it was a hit.

I'm really hoping for Lazy Bones as a single, I think it could be huge with a fun video. Well I also thought Stray Heart was going to be a hit, but I think that one just failed because it had zero promotion at all.

Yeah, sometimes late singles can do really well. Another example of that is "Lights" by Ellie Goulding. Her album cam out in Feb 2010, then Lights was the last single released an entire year later, and then it wasn't until the next year that is really took off and eventually topped the charts. That's 2 years after the album was released!

I think that Green Day could still have a hit single. The trilogy's not that old yet, and it hasn't really had a chance considering the guys weren't even able to promote if after the iHeart thing. They have plenty of potential. They just need the right singles, video, and promo. I'm not ready to give up on them just yet.

I agree about Kill The DJ. It's different but catchy and radio-freindly. (Well, not the swearing, but everything else works.) It should have been a worldwide single, not just UK. They should rerelease it to the US (and maybe fix up that video a bit).

Stray Heart also could do well if it was actually a proper single, complete with single release on iTunes. (What happened there, by the way? Really weird how it was in a lot of stores - though not US - and then it was gone....) Same thing with The Forgotten - it has radio potential.

As far as Tré goes, I'm still not sure. I like X-Kid, but I'm not sure if it's the kind of song that will capture people's attention. Brutal Love is epic, though I don't know about it being loved by radio so much.... I don't know. It's hard to say what will do well these days, besides predictable dance pop a la Rihanna and Taylor Swift and random not-dancey songs like Somebody That I Used To Know.

And what about 99 Revolutions? I think it would have a big succes as a single since the lyrics are repetitive in the kind of Know Your Enemy that was a success during 21st CB. And this is a catchy song too

And what about 99 Revolutions? I think it would have a big succes as a single since the lyrics are repetitive in the kind of Know Your Enemy that was a success during 21st CB. And this is a catchy song too

Know Your Enemy rode on the success of American Idiot.

Maybe they'll just re-release Kill the DJ and Stray Heart. I also want a real video for Let Yourself Go. Next singles for Dos will probably be Fuck Time and Stop When the Red Lights Flash or Amy. Singles for Tre will probably be X Kid, 99 Revolutions, and Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Maybe they'll just re-release Kill the DJ and Stray Heart. I also want a real video for Let Yourself Go. Next singles for Dos will probably be Fuck Time and Stop When the Red Lights Flash or Amy. Singles for Tre will probably be X Kid, 99 Revolutions, and Dirty Rotten Bastards.

I most certainly doubt:

1) KTDJ and Stray Heart will be re-released

2) LYG will get an official video

3) ANY new single from Dos

4) DRB as a single

I most certainly doubt:

4) DRB as a single

I most certainly doubt:

4) DRB as a single

Maybe Stray Heart, LYG already has a music video, singles from ¡Dos! yes, DRB yes

Archived