Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I was watching videos from the Howard Stern Show, and there's a performance of Platypus (I Hate You). I haven't seen this song being played live so much, but this one is really cool.

Alright, in the chorus, I always thought it was simply "I HATE YOU" but here it sounded like they say something else, so I looked for the lyrics again and it's "'Cause I hate you" -Sooo OMG, I've been singing an incomplete sentence all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV77uYOwHTI

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laly said:

I was watching videos from the Howard Stern Show, and there's a performance of Platypus (I Hate You). I haven't seen this song being played live so much, but this one is really cool.

Alright, in the chorus, I always thought it was simply "I HATE YOU" but here it sounded like the say something else, so I looked for the lyrics again and it's "'Cause I hate you" -Sooo OMG, I've been singing an incomplete sentence all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV77uYOwHTI

This performance is also cool and funny :D Song starts at 1:05:25

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Too much too soon (too much too soon)
Too late and now it suck to be U2

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...

I don't even know which lyric it is I mishear in The Network "The Stranger" but it always sounds to me as if Van Gogh (at least I think it's Van Gogh) is singing "mashed potato" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I don't even know which lyric it is I mishear in The Network "The Stranger" but it always sounds to me as if Van Gogh (at least I think it's Van Gogh) is singing "mashed potato" :lol:

The Stranger is The Snoo. I always thought he repeated "pins and needles" at the beginning, but he's actually saying "pins and needles, Stones and Beatles."

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I keep hearing "We are not home/Are we not whole?" and "Unprivate property" instead of "We are not home/Are we not home?" and "On Private property" and it fucks me up haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Oh Love -  I always hear it as "this amazing night" instead of "waste away tonight" and this is so much better.   Wait, is Oh Love originally called Waste Away????

Used to think the opening line for "basket case" went  do you have the time to listen to me whine about everything that I want lol and "when I come around" I've heard it all before selling donuts at my door lol 

• Haha 1