Insomniac

captain peroxide

I really freaked out when they started playing Geek Stink Breath in Manchester. I've loved that song for 8 years, I used to listen to it over and over again constantly! It was so amazing to hear them play it. I think I got to hear it at 3 out of the 5 shows. In Marlay Park we were right up at the barrier in between Billie Joe and Mike, and Billie Joe sang the line "It sits on a thin white line" right at me and smiled when I sang it back to him :wub:

As for Tight Wad Hill? They have clearly forgotten what that song even is. In Marlay Park I held up my sign and Mike read it. He just threw his head back and laughed. One of those "blast from the past" laughs. So I tried again in Mainz. I held it up, Billie took one look at it; I pleaded. His response was literally: "LOL nope!" and that was it. dismissive jerk :P

it was pretty hilarious though, just the way he did it.

I will get them with it one day! Next tour ;)

As for Tight Wad Hill? They have clearly forgotten what that song even is. In Marlay Park I held up my sign and Mike read it. He just threw his head back and laughed. One of those "blast from the past" laughs. So I tried again in Mainz. I held it up, Billie took one look at it; I pleaded. His response was literally: "LOL nope!" and that was it. dismissive jerk :P

it was pretty hilarious though, just the way he did it.

Awww, that's really disappointing. :( I'd love to hear it live sometime.

I love Insomniac. Just recently I've gotten more into it. So much love for Panic Song.

It's probably my favourite Green Day album! ;)

Top Songs: Armitage Shanks, Brat, Stuck With Me, No Pride, Brain Stew, Jaded, Westbound Sign, Walking Contadiction ;)

Probably the darkest sounding Green Day album ever. That's why I love it. Takes me to some sort of emotional underworld... :)

I can really identify with this album. It's bratty, it's angry and it's confused and anxious, kinda like I was (and still am a bit!). I was really messed up and those songs on Insomniac helped me through some bullshit. It definately helped me kind of accept myself in a way... ''I perfected the science of the idiot'' - that line is a bold statement but the music is uplifting so I've just learned to accept me for me and take no shit from anyone. That's what Green Day music does for me, I can identify a problem within myself and then deal with it. Like in Babs Uvula Who, it's all about rage and having no control over your emotions and acting on impulse. When I really listened to that song, I was like, ''shit - I'm a bit like that too'' so I decided to confront the issue and deal with it. That's why I love this album, it's made me a better person. One day I'll get a tattoo to honour it.

This alongside Dookie and Kerplunk are my favs. It is just so Raw and loose for a Green Day record. I love 86, may be my fav Green Day track.

I go through phases of loving Insomniac and really loving Insomniac!

It's a fantastic record, and Panic Song has got to be one of my fav Green Day songs altogether

When I first really got into green day I downloaded all of their albums and I never really like insomniac as it was very punchy and slightly aggressive but recently i've really got into it and right now its the album im listening to :)

panic song and bab's uvula who are a coupla my favorite songs. as well as walking contradiction. walking contradiciton really got me into this album though but yea those 3 are awesome.

I remember that when I first heard it I really don't like it, but the more I listened to it the more I liked it and now it's... well one of my favourite albums by Green Day. Insomniac songs just fulfills me and makes me feel really blissful, haha :lol:

been listening to a lot of 'insomniac' lately. it's good when you're frustrated i've found.

been listening to a lot of 'insomniac' lately. it's good when you're frustrated i've found.

it really is--I love how hard this album hits.

Favorites: Geek Stink Breath, 86, Bab's Uvula Who?, Brain Stew, Jaded, and Walking Contradiction.:D

I just LOVE Walking Contradiction, it's so good! And the video is really funny, I've seen it many times already.

The lyrics of 86 is great too, the whole song is, and Stuart and the Ave. is cool.

I remember after first getting into Green Day back in 2004, I was looking for other albums of theirs to get. I had American Idiot, but I had wore that one out to the core and I needed more. I found Insomniac at a garage sale in fantastic condition, it came with the little poster with the lyrics to all the songs on the back. I popped it in as soon as I got home, and I noticed it was way different from American Idiot, but not in a bad way, Billie Joe's fabulous voice was still there, but with a different style of music. Being my second Green Day album, it was my favorite at that point. I began listening to it more than American Idiot, too.

My favorites from this one are: Armatage Shanks, Brat, Stuck With Me, Geek Stink Breath, No Pride, 86, Panic Song, Brain Stew of course, Jaded, Westbound Sign, Tight Wad Hill, and Walking Contradiction.

Great and very underrated album in my opinion. It doesn't get as much praise as it's predecessor Dookie, or any album for that matter. Honestly, Warning was the only album I think that got even less praise than this one. I don't see why though, it's a great, dark, edgy album and I love it.

This is not my favorite Green Day album, but it's good.

My favorite songs are 86, Armatage Shanks and Walking Contradiction.

There are two songs I don't like, Panic Song and Jaded.

Awh, Insomniac needs some more love :wub:

My favorite off this album has to be Jaded. I don't know why. Jaded just has mystical powers that take over all of our minds :lol:

And the music videooooooooooo :wub:

Also one of my favorite albums... Brain Stew will never get boring especially when I go to bed and I can't sleep :D Jaded of course and I think it even sounds better live because if you are listening that song for the first time you won't understand a thing :lol:

86, Geek Stink Breath.... and Walking Contradiction is my favorite video :)