Working Class Hero

Fuzz

after listening to the lennon version green day did good on making it there own

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry, i didnt really understand all this... this single concidered a part from the upcoming CD? or is it just a cover to lennon's song, like green day did with U2 on "the saints are coming"?

Yeah, didn't like the preview....

:thumbsup: UNDERCLASS HERO - Sum 41

:down: WORKING CLASS HERO - GD

what's the matter with you guys?! It's completely boring. is it the fact that you guys can't say that green day can do things that sucks, because this do..making a cover of john lennons song, makes me so depressed. Maybe I'm just to imature for this but... geez.. can't stand this anymore, all these shitty covers they've been starting to record, everything from I fought the law to this piece of garbish

Now I finally have something to look forward to on Monday! I can't wait to hear the rest, I like it and it sounds a lot like the original.

what's the matter with you guys?! It's completely boring. is it the fact that you guys can't say that green day can do things that sucks, because this do..making a cover of john lennons song, makes me so depressed. Maybe I'm just to imature for this but... geez.. can't stand this anymore, all these shitty covers they've been starting to record, everything from I fought the law to this piece of garbish

Maybe the song is not to your taste, but you appear to be missing the point of this recording.

Part of success is that when a project such as this is arranged, a charity thing involving lots of established artists, then there's a chance they will be approached to help out because the bigger the artists involved the more money generated for the good cause.

It's as simple as that, and if they had said no to the two charity projects what kind of people would they be ?

As it is they have made a bloody good job of the first charity song, and from what I've heard of the Lennon cover it looks like an even better result with that.

I'm not here to blow Green Day's trumpet, if I thought the song sucked I'd be one of the first to say so because I adore Lennon's work and am not a fan of covers in general.

But this is great and I'm really excited about it.

exactly.

psshh not as good as the voice of god eh? well he is the voice of god so whatever your trying to say...

Yeah he is the Voice of God. In more ways than one. :eyebrows:

Well.............

I was right in saying they were gonna add drums, bass and electric guitar since it was GREEN DAY and not BILLIE JOE. But the only thing on that song that shows is Green Day is Billie's voice! Cuz all other covers (from Teenage Lombottomy to I fought the Law to Dancing with Myself) they'd put a Green Day jazz into the song, a signature, a seasoning, whatever.... But on this song they didn't....so it doesn't sound at all Green Day-ish :/

just dull....

I hope this does not reflect on their new album.

Well at least it's all for a good cause

How strange is this? I've been over at the Idiot Club and there is no mention of this at all. I mean if there is I sure as hell can't find it. This is such big news but not a word over there. There's no link to the snippet, no mention of the release on Monday - nothing. Mmmmm. Very strange indeed. GDC is so on the ball with new information, and this is mega big news in my opinion. :huh:

MARIE....bad girl.

You cant come to that conclusion yet, you havent heard the whole thing.

i think (from what Iv'e heard) the Lennon cover is amazing and I hope we can hear the whole song soon enough.

MARIE....bad girl.

You cant come to that conclusion yet, you havent heard the whole thing.

Like i have told you Beth, I am judging on what I've heard...but if you've heard the original song you'll see it doesn't change much from that

ive just listened to it and i think it sounds great hope the video is good two

im not really into the song to tell you the truth

Like i have told you Beth, I am judging on what I've heard...but if you've heard the original song you'll see it doesn't change much from that

OK fine. I have heard the original. :lol: Silly.

But my point is until we hear all of it we wont know if they put their own spin on it. :wink:

Maybe the song is not to your taste, but you appear to be missing the point of this recording.

Part of success is that when a project such as this is arranged, a charity thing involving lots of established artists, then there's a chance they will be approached to help out because the bigger the artists involved the more money generated for the good cause.

It's as simple as that, and if they had said no to the two charity projects what kind of people would they be ?

As it is they have made a bloody good job of the first charity song, and from what I've heard of the Lennon cover it looks like an even better result with that.

I'm not here to blow Green Day's trumpet, if I thought the song sucked I'd be one of the first to say so because I adore Lennon's work and am not a fan of covers in general.

yes I missed the point totally, well if it is for a good cause, then there isnt much to say :thumbsup: . Besides that the song still sucks :down:

Thanks Andres for the update. I think Sam Bayer will do a good job. I hope Green Day feature a lot in the video. That's about the only thing I wasn't as happy about with WMUWSE and JOS because there really wasn't much Green Day in them, whereas Holiday, BOBD and American Idiot were great because they were in virtually every frame. I can never get too much Green Day. I'm so looking forward to this. It will be brilliant brilliant brilliant! :wink:

Yeah, I agree with you Maribel: I want to see the guys in the video too :)

well said! this is one of Lennon's most political songs - and that's saying alot when it comes to Lennon's music...anyone doing covers of an icon like Lennon walks a fine line between staying true to the original spirit of the song and making something that is not simply a bland remake. who better right now than Green Day to do a song that is so lyrically powerful? Lennon was never timid about making his political statements heard, neither are they. i think its a perfect fit and i can't wait to hear the entire song...it sounds amazing from what i've heard so far!

Does anyone know if the song will be released as a cd-single? Or is just on itunes?

well said! this is one of Lennon's most political songs - and that's saying alot when it comes to Lennon's music...anyone doing covers of an icon like Lennon walks a fine line between staying true to the original spirit of the song and making something that is not simply a bland remake. who better right now than Green Day to do a song that is so lyrically powerful? Lennon was never timid about making his political statements heard, neither are they. i think its a perfect fit and i can't wait to hear the entire song...it sounds amazing from what i've heard so far!

Well said,both of you!

Thanks for posting :)

We are getting some smart newcomers lately.

Archived