Working Class Hero

Fuzz

I think expecting the unexpected will definately be the norm for them from now on.

This song sounds amazing. Probably not what they would have done had they originally made it, but its a remake, so i think they did it a bit different.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the preveiw just toally blew me away

I was so amazed, I just sat there starring into the wall when I heard it

the sound is just...wow

I cant wait til the single is released

ombg that song sounds awsome :woot: it suits them soooo well i`m definatly getting that album in june love love love :wub: well done guys :thumbsup:

I think American Idiot changed everything - it opened so many creative avenues and experimented with so many genres that I think 'expect the unexpected' is gonna be the rule of thumb. What you say interests me in the sense that I wonder how much latitude fans are prepared to give a band before they think it sounds too different from what they originally liked.

Personally, I find it exhilarating when an artist is prepared to just keep going forward into new territory, but I have to also say that my taste in music is pretty broad. Metal can be shite, but metal can be fucking glorious.

I also love Insomniac so much - aw, best not to get me started on it at all, lol! :)

I don't know, I keep listening to it and I do love it, but what I love most is the beginning of the clip, before the bigness really comes in. The chorus is great too, but yeah, I really wish the sort of grandness of it (sorry, I really don't know the right musical terminology :) ) were turned down a notch. I think the song makes a strong statement on its own, it doesn't need or benefit from the extra drama. It's sort of an overstatement.

But I'm nitpicking really. :) It's pretty damn great.

But if their next album is all metal I won't be very happy. :D

I actually love the sound of it, i don't think it sounds too much, and the music is brilliant. Plus another thing i noticed is it's so memorable, when i first clicked the page and let it play just twice, i had it stuck in my head instantly. That's the first telltale sign of it being a Green Day song lol (well, cover if you want to be picky)

I can't wait to hear the rest, and it makes me want the new album, i was being patient up until now lol

I love it. :wub:

One question:¨

Will it release in the music shops the 30th?

It's being released to radio and to Itunes on the 30th

Doesn't say anything about it being a released to the shops, though i wish it was

Is it being released as a single as well? The album comes out the 12th of June.

Anyway, I love the fact that you never know what you're gonna get with Green Day. I guess I sort of fell in love with them and not really a specific music style of theirs so I love whatever they do basically. What's that saying? It's like a box of chocolates...

I know what I'm gonna get every time, tho - something great! :)

I keep listening to it, and I like it more and more every time! Billie Joe's voice is just amazing. :wub:

Is it being released as a single as well? The album comes out the 12th of June.

Anyway, I love the fact that you never know what you're gonna get with Green Day. I guess I sort of fell in love with them and not really a specific music style of theirs so I love whatever they do basically. What's that saying? It's like a box of chocolates...

I know what I'm gonna get every time, tho - something great! :)

I keep listening to it, and I like it more and more every time! Billie Joe's voice is just amazing. :wub:

Hear Hear!!!! :D:D

Wow...it sounds brilliant...so far...I'll have to hear the rest of the song to determine if I really like it though... :)

And Billie's voice does sound different. More mature or deep, or something. :shifty:

I don't know, I keep listening to it and I do love it, but what I love most is the beginning of the clip, before the bigness really comes in. The chorus is great too, but yeah, I really wish the sort of grandness of it (sorry, I really don't know the right musical terminology :) ) were turned down a notch. I think the song makes a strong statement on its own, it doesn't need or benefit from the extra drama. It's sort of an overstatement.

But I'm nitpicking really. :) It's pretty damn great.

But if their next album is all metal I won't be very happy. :D

Without the benefit of hearing the whole song, what I feel is that the epic sound is upping the 'hero' aspect of working people, in a way that Lennon didn't. Lennon used the term 'hero' ironically, but I feel like Green Day will go another way with it.

C'mon, a Green Day metal album would be fucking great, lol! :)

Wow...it sounds brilliant...so far...I'll have to hear the rest of the song to determine if I really like it though... :)

And Billie's voice does sound different. More mature or deep, or something. :shifty:

Yeah from what I can hear it sounds great,but

my speakers are on the fritz so I kept getting

static ,but I did notice his voice change but it

might be deeper because the song is on the deeper

notes.It does sound different though :thumbsup:

Wow. I love it!

They did a really good job of making it sound like the original.

I can't fucking wait till monday!!! :wub:

Can some one post a download for those

of us who haven't heard the original?

Wow it is mind-blowing, in my opinion anyways

wow i didnt think it would be that good

but this is green day we are talking about of course :)

and to the person who said it sounds like nickelback... :huh:

:lol: were you on amphetamine when you wrote that?!?

Hmmm I don't think that I'm going to listen to the preview. I will just wait to be amazed :]

Aha so now in addition to being on The Today Show & going to the Spiderman 3 Premeire on the 20th, Green Day's got a new cover song out!? Yeah, Monday is going to be the best day ever! :]

billie's voice sounds different. But it's great :wub:

A little bit, but not much.

GAH! So excited! :woot: Ha, it sounds awesome from that preview; sounds as good as the Lennon version.

Hmmm I don't think that I'm going to listen to the preview. I will just wait to be amazed :]

Aha so now in addition to being on The Today Show & going to the Spiderman 3 Premeire on the 20th, Green Day's got a new cover song out!? Yeah, Monday is going to be the best day ever! :]

wow, lucky :happy:

Archived