Green Day in new Rolling Stone

Vanessa

Yeah, they're in the new Rolling Stone issue. It's a very short article, and there's really not anything new to know, but I thought I'd tell you all.

Click here for the scan (credit: Whydoyouwanthim)

Green Day Go Green

Green Day have teamed up with the environmental group Natural Resources Defense Council to create Move America Beyond Oil, a campaign aimed at mobilizing young people. "Young punk fans sometimes get a bad rap as not being politically aware," says NRDC coordinator Jordan Kessler. "I think Green Day fans really care about these issues and want to be out there speaking out." At greendaynrdc.com, fans can check out a video of the band discussing global warming and railing against oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The site also contains conservation tips and a petition urging President Bush to Mandate that federal agengies use hybrid cars, among other initiatives. "The current administration is now forced to deal with a Democratic-led Congress, which we are hopeful will create positive change." says Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong, "Our aim with the NRDC is to encourage people to become educated on environmental issues and realize they have a voice to call for protective legislation."

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just have to wait till I get it since it comes like 2 or 3 weeks later to Sweden.. :down:

I have that issue of the Rolling Stone. I guess it's a nice article, discussing Green Day fans...I mean, we're the most politically aware.

Thanks for typing that.

Glad to see the word is spreading and they're getting publicity for what they're doing.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Glad to see the word is spreading and they're getting publicity for what they're doing.

Same :happy:

I just bought the new issue (with Borat on the cover?) and I didn't see this article anywhere...what page is it on?

I just bought the new issue (with Borat on the cover?) and I didn't see this article anywhere...what page is it on?

No, thats an older issue. The new one has a whole bunch of Rolling Stone covers on it.

Now right now my scanners being a bitch and my brothers tryin to fix it, so the scan won't come until a little later.

there's also the top 50 (or top 100..i forget) songs and the saints are coming is on there.

No problem to all the people who said thanks. :)

And if anyone happens to have the magazine, and can't find the article, it's on page 22.

There was something about the Green Day U2 thing.. but it just had a picture of them preforming at the superdome.. But it wasn't worth posting because they don't even talk about Green Day in it. It's all U2.

Oh and there was a section saying who's a rebel and who's a jackass. They called Brandon Flowers a rebel for dissing Green Day for being 'un-american.' But there's already a thread for Brandon Flowers.

So yeah.

there's also the top 50 (or top 100..i forget) songs and the saints are coming is on there.

Oh yeah. It's a top 100. They're number 86.

What it says there is

86| The Saints Are Coming Green Day and U2

'Billie Joe Armstrong and Bono rescue a tune from Scottish punk band the Skids and turn it into a redemption song for New Orleans. Also, check the live recording from the Superdome.'

I'll type out the who top 100 if someone wants me too. But if no one does, then I won't.

thanx for the news :)

and that is so fudging true! it's cool that it's cool

cuz it's cool (okay....i had a tim-moment here) oh well :P

off topic: i love your ava WalkingContradiction118.

anyways, its great the media is making the public aware of what they are doing

Archived