Green Day has 3 albums worth of new material

Fuzz

IPB Image

"Green Day are currently working on three albums' worth of new material as they follow up the world-beating American Idiot"

Click the image for the full scan. Thanks to Ros (shadowiegirl) for getting it for us.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! cool

but i cant read a fuckin word on that pic there ^^

larger scan would be cool heh

aaah thats so awesome

thx for tha information :)

I think they do usually write loads of songs before they decide what kind of album they want to do and from that which songs to actually record it. didnt think they`d done that many so far but then they had a dozen or so by the time they came off the AI tour.

if nobody else volunteers to get it I`ll pick one up tomorrow and scan as soon as I get in.

I remember the first time we heard about this kind of thing for American Idiot. I don't remeber where (maybe it was a gd.com update), that said they had written over 60 songs or something like that. I believe that was in '03.

This article has me giddy as hell and i don't even know what it says yet.

Right on! Just hope they aren't doing 3 lousy albums just to make 3 times the money. I'd rather have 1 great album than 3 half assed. I beleive they will just pick an ammount of songs(13-18) and put them on a CD as listed above in a post. All I can think of though...in about 10 years they will have hundreds of songs not on album because they didn't pick them...What a box set that would be.

They're millionaires, surely they can afford to record in something bigger than a shoebox.

you dont recognise that photo? it was from when they were warming up before one of the AI shows.

Guest Phoebe.

you dont recognise that photo? it was from when they were warming up before one of the AI shows.

I'm sadly not a GD nerd, I dont really pay attention to the pictures. Still makes me roffle though, the pic

:woot:

Finally!!!!!!!!! ehehehhe!!!

3 albums already? Is that like the amount of songs or did they actually make 3 diferent albums and didn't like them or are picking one or release them all??? Well...I guess no one knows yet :P:lol:

:woot:

Finally!!!!!!!!! ehehehhe!!!

3 albums already? Is that like the amount of songs or did they actually make 3 diferent albums and didn't like them or are picking one or release them all??? Well...I guess no one knows yet :P:lol:

i think it means they've written enough songs to make 3 albums, and are probably now going to pick which ones they want to go on the actual final album

I hate it though..they will mention the album now and have to wait 9 damn months...I'd rather hear about it and just have to wait a month or two...I can be a very impatient asshole...

I just hope the press don't go too OTT this time. That seemed to piss the majority of the population off!

I am gonna buy the article (usually buy k! or NME) and i would send in the scans however my scanner has decided to die in the last week or so, i hope someone else can scan it in.

Good stuff!! Its good to hear they are making progress. They are going to be ridiculed on the new album because everyone is going to compare it to the success of AI. Personally, I dont think they can top the success of AI, but I could care less, I just care about the great music they make, and they have never yet to disapoint me, so Im excited for the new album!!

Yaayy!! I'm getting excited now. Wow. Three albums worth of songs. That would be a job and a half now to choose the right ones for the new album, because I bet they're all great songs. Ooooh, I can't wait now. I'm going to see if I can get NME today. :D

Archived