One Eyed Bastard - Opinion

Little Boy Named Booze

hey guys the bustiest muzak nerd here to speak on oeb. Song is a viking beer chant mixed with Pink and FOAM. rating: ketchup font/10. idk how to make it more clear than that

• Haha 1

My opinion:   they don't want my opinion.    

Why have an opinion thread for a song we won't share...   It's kinda hypocritical.    

I listened to it yesterday, and tbh I liked it 😅 the lyrics are nothing special but it's catchy, far better than Pollyanna or Here Comes the Shock, probably on a par with Holy Toledo or just below it (that song has a great chorus to sing along to 😊)

My God the opening really does sound the exact same as Pink's So What 🙈 I can see that being a headline if they ever officially release this song! But overall I like it, and definitely think its a step up from FOAM, so I'm happy :D 

• Thanks 1

I heard it now in full for the first time. What I love about the track is that they have so many rhythmical changes in the song. I mean only the chorus itself consists of three different parts and also the bridge has surprises in it. But yeah, you can clearly hear the similarities to Passenger and Holiday (in my opinion stronger than to So What). Anyways, hopefully it gets an official release someday!

edit: oh and if THIS is the production level of an unreleased demo track, then I'm really looking forward to the upcoming album. The production quality of OEB is absolutely amazing (especially in comparison to FOAM). Looks like CLA and the band have really upped their game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, gmcloughlin said:

My God the opening really does sound the exact same as Pink's So What 🙈 I can see that being a headline if they ever officially release this song! But overall I like it, and definitely think its a step up from FOAM, so I'm happy :D 

Perhaps that’s why the band or the management seem pretty pissed that this one leaked because of possible copyright infringement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The twist at the end of the new record could be that Billie lost his eye years ago and is also an illegitimate child.

I honestly think that this is bad, Here's Comes the Shock kind of bad. Mostly because this is like ther "classic" sound, but with some artifacts to make it catchy to the point is dumb.

Now in the other side of things, the file is a hi-res audio. What it means is that the leaker didn't even care to encode it in a lesser format to make easier to share. This is kind of "oops, I think I dropped this" and won't make the effort to lift it up :lol:

do we know for sure if this song is going to end on the next lp?

57 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

do we know for sure if this song is going to end on the next lp?

Kinda the opposite, seems likely this will not be part of it. At least it comes from a separate recording session. 

• Like 3

Put me in the it's just okay camp. I only heard it once but don't really have a desire to hear it again. The riff is a rip off (and I love Pink) and the song is so meh. I'd be disappointed if this was the direction of the new LP. It's just...fine. The hook is catchy and gets stuck in your head, but otherwise nothing of note for me so far.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Flashback said:

Why does every song have to be the best song ever? We should calm our expectations a bit. No one needs to be disappointed just because it's not the best GD song of all time 😅

Reminds me of when You Irritate Me came out and everyone really loved it and put it on their dream setlists lmao

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Flashback said:

It's similar but it's not the same notes, not even the same progression

can't blame people for hearing it as "basically the same" tbh. it's in the same key, swung, with the same rhythm except the repeated note at the end, ends on the same note, and is a repeated distorted guitar riff that opens the song. musicians know that's just called rock blues and there's 20 guitarists improving a similar riff as we speak but if it's a lot of things lining up. 

• Like 1

No idea about the "similarity" of Pink (Cause I'm not a fan or casual listener), but this song reminded me a little bit of The Passenger by Iggy Pop (I like that song). However, it is just an OK idea for GD.

It has also a vibe from Say Goodbye from RevRad. It's cool the fact we had the "chance" to listen to something that was not intended to be released, though.

6 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

No idea about the "similarity" of Pink (Cause I'm not a fan or casual listener), but this song reminded me a little bit of The Passenger by Iggy Pop (I like that song). However, it is just an OK idea for GD.

It has also a vibe from Say Goodbye from RevRad. It's cool the fact we had the "chance" to listen to something that was not intended to be released, though.

It was intended for release at some point, which is why it was listed on SESAC for royalties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2023 at 3:01 AM, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

I have opinions about drugs and I am free to share them in public, even tho I’m not allowed to give away amphetamine for free at the local mall. 

Yes, at least you know what they are....    

7 hours ago, ryan1039 said:

8-6-7-5-3-0-9.

Now I wonder how Jenny has been.

• Haha 3

Tim Armstrong co wrote with Pink so maybe the song has Tim Armstrong vibes