Here Comes the Shock Removed from Spotify in various countries

GDFan2019

Apparently it’s being removed in various countries, yet I still see it here in the US. Granted, it’s not the best song, but it actually isn’t bad. It’s a song people here love to hate but what could be the reason behind this?

Not sure this deserves a thread when songs drop from Spotify all the time. Usually it’s just because the licensing deal has run out and needs to be renewed.  

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not sure this deserves a thread when songs drop from Spotify all the time. Usually it’s just because the licensing deal has run out and needs to be renewed.  

Oh that makes sense

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Considering how Green Day songs usually just do not drop from Spotify, especially studio records, I believe this warrants a thread. I don't remember a single time any other Green Day song ever dropping from Spotify other than live versions.

As much as we would like to believe that this is just band coming to their senses and realizing how godawful Here Comes the Shark is, it's still up on YouTube and honestly, it's not their worst song ever. That title goes to Forever Now. My theory is that it's either getting re-released on some album (B-sides and other shitty material album would be great) or they simply don't want to have it officially anywhere anymore.

• Confused 1

Well, in Deezer HCTS is not available in my country (Chile). Fortunately, I "backed up" the song. Also, in this platform "21 Guns Live EP" is not available.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Forever Now?! Are you insane? Boy, is that an opinion that belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread.  😲

Been there done that too many times. See how incredibly consistent I've been for 6 years?

Whole Revolution Radio could be put on this list but if there is one song to choose, it's still definitely Forever Now. Other contenders such as Bang Bang, Still Breathing and Ordinary World are not as bad as Forever Now, but all of them are usually loved in here or Reddit or elsewhere. I don't get it. @PursuitOfEpicness said ''People love it because it's "Epic" but it just doesn't flow well. Some parts are great some are not!'' but I would go even further with Forever Now and say there are no great parts. It's a mess.

Forever Now seems to be LOVED here and I absolutely hate it. There is nothing good in that song. Atleast 21 Guns sounded better and those live version....

I still can't fucking stand Forever Now. Everything. From start to end. Especially the end where everything (lyrics, instruments) is complete mess and I can't enjoy it at all.

Revolution Radio is by far their worst album ever. It would be a stretch to say there isn't a single song that sounds good (I gotta admit that Still Breathing is really powerful and sad song) but everything just feels so average. I see that Forever Now has some kind of ''this is one of their best'' vibe going around, but that song is going all over the place (just like Dirty Rotten Bastards, in a bad way) and the ending is just a complete mess with those vocals and instrumentals. Overall it's just below the average Green Day. Nothing wrong if you like it, I just can't understand the love. As for the other songs..

I disagree, RevRad doesn't have single good lyric in that album, unless you're Outlaw who is Really freaking out because We live in Troubled Times. Sorry. Can't stand that album.

Probably me, since I advocate ''fuck forever now'' movement all the time. Hopefully it's gone forever from setlist.

Anyways, Here Comes The Shock is still so fucking awful, almost more awful than Forever Now but thankfully this is a lot shorter so Forever Now can stay as their worst song.

I dislike RR Tour more than this. Hearing Forever Now & Jesus of Suburbia back-to-back (or with AI in-between) every night was overwhelming and got stale pretty fucking fast.

Yeah, live versions are usually taken away from Spotify or region-blocked. In Finland, you can't listen any Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performances and in Ultimate Green Day Playlist it's only live versions that are missing excluding now Here Comes the Shock.

Unrelated but just seen someone tweet that Ordinary World is now unavailable on Netflex

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

36 minutes ago, Miko said:

Been there done that too many times. See how incredibly consistent I've been for 6 years?

Yeah, live versions are usually taken away from Spotify or region-blocked. In Finland, you can't listen any Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performances and in Ultimate Green Day Playlist it's only live versions that are missing excluding now Here Comes the Shock.

I’m gonna guess the song is such a dog it’s not even worth the costs of keeping it on Spotify

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m gonna guess the song is such a dog it’s not even worth the costs of keeping it on Spotify

Let's think about this a little bit more...

This is just a mere single. What if this happens to records/studio albums? Can you imagine this for the Lookout Era albums or all the "non popular" GD albums? (Trilogy, FOAM, even Warning)

Maybe many GD fans from the 90s had the chance to listen GD Live Eps (CDs, Cassettes, etc) Can all the GD fans from 2010/2020 say the same about it? All of us who listened to these releases know that these records are fantastic, but unavailable to the masses. There are just some used copies around eBay (or similar sites) or Youtube (Just if someone uploaded the content) or illegal "Back ups" (for instance: Torrents)

This is why I don't like this measures from music stream sites, even if we speak about a song like Here Comes the Shock.

Could it be a copyright issue? I've seen similiar situations were songs get removed from big plattforms because of copyright claims from other artist.

If that's the case, they can have it. We don't want it anyway 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

I think Here Comes The Shock is great.

Time for the shit to hit the fan. 🤪

I'm off, runs for nearest exit. 

6 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Let's think about this a little bit more...

This is just a mere single. What if this happens to records/studio albums? Can you imagine this for the Lookout Era albums or all the "non popular" GD albums? (Trilogy, FOAM, even Warning)

Maybe many GD fans from the 90s had the chance to listen GD Live Eps (CDs, Cassettes, etc) Can all the GD fans from 2010/2020 say the same about it? All of us who listened to these releases know that these records are fantastic, but unavailable to the masses. There are just some used copies around eBay (or similar sites) or Youtube (Just if someone uploaded the content) or illegal "Back ups" (for instance: Torrents)

This is why I don't like this measures from music stream sites, even if we speak about a song like Here Comes the Shock.

I feel like this is a huge overreaction

Because a non-album single that no one really likes or cares about or even really remembers all that much has been removed from spotify, probably just temporarily for copyright reasons, you think this is actually something that might happen to album tracks, or even entire albums??

FOAMF is their most recent album. Regardless of what fans, the label or the band think of it, it's going to stay on spotify. Warning is a beloved Green Day album among fans now, as are the Lookout records. These albums have solid millions of copies worldwide. They're not going to be taken off spotify and the trilogy is just too big and too recent of a project to be taken off and is still loved and listened to by a decent amount of people too

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I feel like this is a huge overreaction

Because a non-album single that no one really likes or cares about or even really remembers all that much has been removed from spotify, probably just temporarily for copyright reasons, you think this is actually something that might happen to album tracks, or even entire albums??

FOAMF is their most recent album. Regardless of what fans, the label or the band think of it, it's going to stay on spotify. Warning is a beloved Green Day album among fans now, as are the Lookout records. These albums have solid millions of copies worldwide. They're not going to be taken off spotify and the trilogy is just too big and too recent of a project to be taken off and is still loved and listened to by a decent amount of people too

well the label could pull it off Spotify anytime it wants 

12 hours ago, Miko said:

Considering how Green Day songs usually just do not drop from Spotify, especially studio records, I believe this warrants a thread. I don't remember a single time any other Green Day song ever dropping from Spotify other than live versions.

As much as we would like to believe that this is just band coming to their senses and realizing how godawful Here Comes the Shark is, it's still up on YouTube and honestly, it's not their worst song ever. That title goes to Forever Now. My theory is that it's either getting re-released on some album (B-sides and other shitty material album would be great) or they simply don't want to have it officially anywhere anymore.

Um I think you mean the title for worst song goes to The Forgotten. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Um I think you mean the title for worst song goes to The Forgotten. 

Piano ballads are definitely not where Green Day excels at but due to it being a fucking piiano ballad from Green Day, no way it's their worst song. Same with Nightlife, no way their only rap songs gets to be picked as their worst. They atleast tried to do something new and that should always be embraced more.

11 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

That's why i prefer my MP3 collection. Pd: forever Now is the BEST green day song of their catalog

If you're fan of music that offers zero originality and is very safe, then I guess Forever Now can be a good song in that sense. However, its production is way too bad to be ignored. It's a fucking mess towards the end of the song where everything is playing at the same time. Loudness war has always sucked but man does Revolution Radio The Album really suffer from it. Straight up unlistenable garbage.

It's now been 2 days and HCTS still hasn't been brought up in Europe. Wazzup with that?

• Confused 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:50 AM, Miko said:

it's not their worst song ever. That title goes to Forever Now.

16 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:Pd: forever Now is the BEST green day song of their catalog 

Pd: forever Now is the BEST green day song of their catalog 

giphy.gif

On 3/13/2023 at 8:50 PM, Miko said:

While agree forever now isn't that great but the award for worst song has to go to sweet 16.

My problem with here comes the shock and the other singles and father of all is tres drums now sound electronic especially when he does rolls it has like a rock band drum sound to the snare it's weird. Also Billie needs to let that vocal effect he's been using since American idiot (or actually maria and warning) go cuz I'm sick of it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Miko said:

One of the biggest problems with Here Comes the Shark is its unoriginality. It's like a computer generated Green Day song with ''rumble in the streets'' and ''bloody murders'' lines being re-used. However, even with all of that, song could've been somewhat enjoyable but the fucking SNIFF. It's the worst idea Billie/Green Day/anyone has ever had. It literally ruins the song to the ground that it's impossible to enjoy it, so that's why I've always preferred my own edit that removes that damn sniff.

I want to like this 1000x. Thank you. That sniff is nails on a chalkboard (especially with headphones) and makes the song completely unlistenable. And I actually believe an AI could have written a better song. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nopride84 said:

the award for worst song has to go to sweet 16.

Totally agree. The leaks from the club shows made it sound great but it's such a disappointment on the album

• Like 1