Nimrod 25th Anniversary Edition

Gwen Stacy

Hopefully the release is far out just for vinyl pressing purposes with factories still being behind. Maybe a digital release tomorrow? No reason to wait so long for a release of a niche product with no promo or buildup.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Hopefully the release is far out just for vinyl pressing purposes with factories still being behind. Maybe a digital release tomorrow? No reason to wait so long for a release of a niche product with no promo or buildup.

It would be out already in Australia if it were coming tomorrow digitally 

They’re not going to release it digitally months ahead of the vinyl. They need physical sales over streams.

Edit: Wait though… what’s this I see?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re not going to release it digitally months ahead of the vinyl. They need physical sales over streams.

Edit: Wait though… what’s this I see?

Just the pre-order up with release date 27/1/23. Only You Irritate Me available to stream/buy. Not impossible they may release other tracks in the lead up to the full release like they did with the BBC Sessions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, emenius said:

Just the pre-order up with release date 27/1/23. Only You Irritate Me available to stream/buy. Not impossible they may release other tracks in the lead up to the full release like they did with the BBC Sessions.

Yeah with a three month wait hopefully we’ll get a few more singles in the meantime 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Plankfan said:

Silver vinyl bundle https://store.greenday.com/en/green-day/nimrod-xxv-limited-silver-vinyl-5lp/093624869474.html\

EDIT: use code CC22WMG15 for 15% off

More pricey in the UK Store around $170.

New track gets better with each listen. Can't wait to hear the rest 

• Like 1

CD set is the same as Amazon so sticking with my preorder there but I also bought one of those new long sleeved shirts so the GD store got me there. The shirt cost me more than the box set which is crazy.

• Surprised 1

Guys... Did you realize that on Disc 3 (EF Philadelphia Album) REJECT was not listed??? This song was part of Redundant Green Single (Track #2).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Virtuous Xman said:

I'm cool about the whole thing.  Except one thing and one thing only.  Why the hell didn't they do a box set for insomniac that was CD like they're doing for Nimrod.  I would gladly given my money for that just like im giving for the nimrod set on CD.  Not all of us like to deal with vinyl records.  Just my two cents.

I think they just didn't have enough material (I'm just guessing). If you think about Outtakes that were not in Shenanigans, they just had the Original Version of Good Riddance, some radio mixes or radio edits. And there were some demos from Dookie Sessions (Don't wanna fall in Love, J.A.R.), etc. However, to be fair with what you said... THEY SHOULD RELEASED THE WHOLE PRAGUE SHOW, not just the Insomniac tracks on CD and/or DVD/BluRay.

• Like 4

I thought silver was a strange choice at first (yellow seemed the go-to) until I remembered that the traditional gift for a 25th anniversary is silver.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Insomniac1984 said:

I think they just didn't have enough material (I'm just guessing). If you think about Outtakes that were not in Shenanigans, they just had the Original Version of Good Riddance, some radio mixes or radio edits. And there were some demos from Dookie Sessions (Don't wanna fall in Love, J.A.R.), etc. However, to be fair with what you said... THEY SHOULD RELEASED THE WHOLE PRAGUE SHOW, not just the Insomniac tracks on CD and/or DVD/BluRay.

CO-SIGN!!!!  Yeah when you mention that, there isn't a lot for insomniac when it comes to demos.  I have the singles set and that's evident.  Even still, dag nabit I want a remastered of Insomniac on CD!!!!!

Edited by Virtuous Xman
more to say
  • Like 3

Anyone else having trouble logging into their greenday dot com account?

EDIT: Just continued as a guest, but I snagged the silver vinyl, CDs and the stickers. Couldn't pass up the damn stickers 😂 

1 hour ago, Plankfan said:

EDIT: use code CC22WMG15 for 15% off

Thanks for this!

6 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

You Irritate Me is pretty straightforward. I don't love it or hate it, but it made me remember how much I miss the simplicity and attitude of this GD era.

And angry Billie.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

More pricey in the UK Store around $170.

New track gets better with each listen. Can't wait to hear the rest 

Thanks for that downloaded you irritate me for 75cents. 

I don't need the jumper I don't need the jumper I don't need the jumper I don't need the jumper I don't need the jumper I don't need the jumper I DON'T NEED THE JUMPER

• Haha 2