Nimrod 25th Anniversary Edition

Gwen Stacy

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I have sent in a request for Haunshinka to be removed.   

DON’T MAKE ME COME ROUND THERE 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I have sent in a request for Haunshinka to be removed.   It's a blemish on what COULD have been the greatest album of all time.   In regards to the quote below, how hardcore are you?  Your thoughts and prayers on FOAM and Trilogy are requested, :) 

I actually love haushinka and love the demo recording even more, it’s one of my favorite’s from the album 

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

No lyrics listed on YouTube, but here's what I could come up with...

[Verse 1]
You, you irritate me
Like a dick on a dog stick gnawing at my veins
I can't stand your face
You're a little mother fucker that's taking up too much space

[Chorus]
You're a waste (waste), waste of flesh to me
And no one really wants you
You're a waste (waste), waste of space to me
So rot in hell

[Verse 2]
You, you irritate me
Like a dick on a dog stick gnawing at his veins
I can't stand your face
You're a little mother fucker that's taking way too much space

------

I have no idea what "Like a dick on a dog stick" could mean (maybe it's wrong).

You know, this is still better than anything they’ve released recently, even FOAM

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think after Dookie, nimrod is my fav 90s GD album. I'm very excited, and will definitely be picking this up (even though I told myself I have JUST finished my GD vinyl collection with the Network).

Also having "When it's Time" on vinyl will really help me not worry about not having the American Idiot Broadway Soundtrack on vinyl aha.

• Like 1

Looks like I know what I'll be spending my money on. Nimrod might be my second favorite GD album. I didn't expect them to do much for the anniversary but it seems like they are going above and beyond my expectations. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Googling "green day you irritate me" showed me this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_rR1ECXy0&ab_channel=GreenDay-Topic

Video is unavailable for me though. But it says that the song is 1:37 on google and has explicit lyrics

It was published in Japan. This is the description

"Provided to YouTube by Reprise

You Irritate Me (Demo)  Green Day

You Irritate Me

℗ 2009 Reprise Records

Guitar, Vocals: Billie Joe Armstrong

Masterer: Chris Bellman

Audio Assistant: Chris Dugan

Recorded By: Green Day

Bass: Mike Dirnt

Drums: Tré Cool

Writer: Billie Joe Armstrong

Writer: Mike Dirnt

Writer: Tré Cool

Auto-generated by YouTube."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flarac said:

I’m not sure if I like the songs being just demos. 

Considering the band has been in the studio  for quite a while now, I expect the songs to have at least a good mix, maybe parts being re-recorded. 

Guess we’ll wait and hear.

I prefer the demo from that time rather than a re-release today. They can play any of these songs live now as they are today. There's no time machine yet for them to go backwards and play it as they were when they were 25 or 30 etc 

• Like 2

to bad they do this proper release in 3 months from now ... i hoped for an early "1972" announcement in 2023, but i guess this wont happen until maybe end of february or march at earliest now?

2 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

to bad they do this proper release in 3 months from now ... i hoped for an early "1972" announcement in 2023, but i guess this wont happen until maybe end of february or march at earliest now?

That would be best case scenario, like a single in February, album in April/May

1 minute ago, cav9mm said:

So will we get to hear all the Nimrod demos this week or next year ?

slightly confused (which is my default state to be fair)

we are still waiting for the official statement by the band. But I guess the whole thing will be out only next year. Otherwise, everything would have leaked so far alongside with You Irritate Me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

So will we get to hear all the Nimrod demos this week or next year ?

slightly confused (which is my default state to be fair)

My guess is they will drop the single song digitally and announce the release date of the re-issue and begin taking pre-orders with a huge merch drop.  Expect special vinyls, CDs, T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. to be available tomorrow with a Janury ship date.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jumpsalty said:

Vinyls look IMMENSE

Immense how? Double vinyl? Is there a booklet, gatefold sleeve, other goodies?

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Immense how? Double vinyl? Is there a booklet, gatefold sleeve, other goodies?

more than double 🙃 

• Surprised 1

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

I have sent in a request for Haunshinka to be removed.   It's a blemish on what COULD have been the greatest album of all time.   In regards to the quote below, how hardcore are you?  Your thoughts and prayers on FOAM and Trilogy are requested, :) 

I have only thoughts, no prayers :lol: Those records age like a good wine. Or vinegar. You choose. I like vinegar in my salads.

For instance, I believe the tracklist is true. Finally a proper celebration. You irritate me is ok. Wondering how much different is when it's time from the other versions I have heard :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

DON’T MAKE ME COME ROUND THERE 😉

Haushinka is hard to spell, hard to listen to and I bet Billie didn't even really know anybody by that name.   Both subjectively and objectively the worst (Green Day) song in the world.   

You know where I'll be found....

when you come around.

:) 

Remember, I like Green Day so much that even their worst is pretty great.   Haushinka rules! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Haushinka is hard to spell, hard to listen to and I bet Billie didn't even really know anybody by that name.   Both subjectively and objectively the worst (Green Day) song in the world.   

You know where I'll be found....

when you come around.

:) 

Remember, I like Green Day so much that even their worst is pretty great.   Haushinka rules! 

Ok, we forgive you 😘

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killjoywhatsername said:

Looks like I know what I'll be spending my money on. Nimrod might be my second favorite GD album. I didn't expect them to do much for the anniversary but it seems like they are going above and beyond my expectations. 

What's your top 4?  

I'm an Idiot / Nimrod / Warning / Revolution Radio kind of human, myself.  

Nimrod and Warning have been waging a war inside my head for 22 years, but Nimrod always retains the lead, despite that horrible woman named "Haushinka" holding it back.   If it weren't for that weirdly named person, Nimrod would attack Warning so viciously that it may not recover.  

• Like 1