Nimrod 25th Anniversary Edition

Gwen Stacy

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean a demo for an unreleased song is really cool but I'd honestly be disappointed if that was all we were getting for Nimrod's 25th. If there is something more than just a single demo release, will it also come on the 14th or will it come later? I mean it would make more sense to release it all together for the actually date of Nimrod's anniversary, right?

Maybe this was a bit more last minute? Maybe they're wanting another good stocking stuffer like they did with BBC Sessions and it'll be out in early-to-mid December

• Like 2

It’d be really strange to include one unreleased demo on it and nothing else. If we get this, you gotta figure there’s more to come on the full release. I bet we find out Friday exactly what’s on it. 

5 minutes ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

I hope we get DUI officially now. But yeah, throw on Suffocate and Desensitized for sure, those songs are phenomenal so I don't care if they'd technically be on two albums

I’ve included it in Shenanigans for so long I’ve forgotten it’s still technically unreleased :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

what you mean the double album version?

It was originally conceived as a double album, with the songs listed in the one screenshot earlier in the thread (taken from MTV's The Ride iirc). The material seemed a bit overwhelming so they cut it back to 18 songs (with bonus tracks for international markets). Billie has said that Suffocate and Desensitized should've made it to nimrod. So maybe we get an extended tracklist with them and You Irritate Me and others.

Edit for more context: they definitely had over 30 songs at least partially recorded for the album

Edited by Star-LordAndTheAve
added context
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

It was originally conceived as a double album, with the songs listed in the one screenshot earlier in the thread (taken from MTV's The Ride iirc). The material seemed a bit overwhelming so they cut it back to 18 songs (with bonus tracks for international markets). Billie has said that Suffocate and Desensitized should've made it to nimrod. So maybe we get an extended tracklist with them and You Irritate Me and others.

Edit for more context: they definitely had over 30 songs at least partially recorded for the album

the only time I've ever heard Billie talk of Nimrod and double album was before the album where he said "Nimrod is nearly double the length of an average Green Day so it's like a double album" I think people took that quote and confused it with it being a double album 

• Like 1

I wonder if they’ll release a whole box set in a similar fashion to The Beatles. The Revolver box set comes out this week, featuring the new stereo remix of the album, 2 discs of outtakes, and the mono mix

Would there be any reason for the band to be working on stuff in studio for anything related to Nimrod anniversary edition? Cause if they were, that might explain why they seem to have been in the studio for a longer time for 1972. Like, are these demo(s) likely to be untouched from 1997 or would they have had to change anything to actually make it/them listenable

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Would there be any reason for the band to be working on stuff in studio for anything related to Nimrod anniversary edition? Cause if they were, that might explain why they seem to have been in the studio for a longer time for 1972. Like, are these demo(s) likely to be untouched from 1997 or would they have had to change anything to actually make it/them listenable

Could they have just been simply remastering Nimrod at Henson when @pacejunkie punk’s daughter was there with her school?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grinsoniko said:

I just hope they utilize the space they have on the records and give us as many songs as they can (demos, live versions, etc). Not like they did with the Insomniac one that has etching on the last side of the record.

Or the nimrod double album with the etching

• Like 2

I’m not sure if I like the songs being just demos. 

Considering the band has been in the studio  for quite a while now, I expect the songs to have at least a good mix, maybe parts being re-recorded. 

Guess we’ll wait and hear.

• Like 2

Hey guys, where is the interview that Todd did years ago about Nimrod Sessions/Unreleased Nimrod Songs??? So hyped for this announcement!!

Also, this could be the time we could listen to the extended version of Last Ride In with more instruments which was shown on a TV Show.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Well after going back to read Todd’s piece I want all the tracks!  Could Billie have redone the vocals on 19th Nervous Breakdown, I bet that would be a great cover and I can just imagine them doing a version of the Tony The Tiger song 😂😂.  Sadly I don’t think they will ever release DUI now.

Allison, please please please give us Allison!

At least DUI has been leaked in high quality, so at least we have that already out there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I doubt it’ll be just one song. Maybe something like Demolicious but with all the Nimrod era demos. That’d be incredible because this was long before you could record rough demos on your phone or GarageBand. The last topic I posted was my love for this record, it truly is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

I doubt it’ll be just one song. Maybe something like Demolicious but with all the Nimrod era demos. That’d be incredible because this was long before you could record rough demos on your phone or GarageBand. The last topic I posted was my love for this record, it truly is a masterpiece.

Clearly you haven't heard Kurt Cobains demos from the late 80s/early 90s

I think we should try and not get over excited, we know these guys aren’t big on looking back and they may be very focussed on 1972.  Not long to wait now though!

• Like 1