Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29

pacejunkie punk

So I guess they're gonna play the entire AI album next sunday. Is it a one time thing or they're gonna do a tour? I dunno.

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So I guess they're gonna play the entire AI album next sunday. Is it a one time thing or they're gonna do a tour? I dunno.

Probably a one time thing for now, like how they did Dookie at Reading and as a one off in Spain

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xWhatsername_ said:

What does this mean tho? someone catch me up please omg

It’s a club show in a 1100 person venue on Friday night 7/29

• Like 1

Just now, GreenDay_Fan said:

It’s a club show in a 1100 person venue on Friday night 7/29

Oh neat! thank you for telling me, I wish I could be there 

That's weird. Why now and not for 20th year anniversary? 🤔

On the other hand, Homecoming, Extraordinary Girl, She's A Rebel and Whatshername haven't been played in 12 years so I can't fuckin wait to see videos of them playing those :woot:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’ve been a lurker here for a while but my posts today about the aftershow are my first posts, holy shit I am so anxious and nervous for trying to get tickets to this when available, I want to go to this so bad. I’m already going to Lollapalooza but would skip the festival just to see my favorite band at a venue like metro. Good luck to everyone else trying to get tickets!

• Like 3

Okay so if this is happening, will someone please lmk if they snag an extra ticket or grab a ticket for me or something? I will try my best whenever these go on sale but am expecting it to be a shit show like the last I tried (and failed) to buy green day tickets.

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

What happened?

Just my immediate reaction because I'm very psyched this is happening but my chances of actually going feel very very slim with the state of ticket buying these days.

I just really hate buying tickets. It's such a pain and a let down.

7 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Okay so if this is happening, will someone please lmk if they snag an extra ticket or grab a ticket for me or something? I will try my best whenever these go on sale but am expecting it to be a shit show like the last I tried (and failed) to buy green day tickets.

Just my immediate reaction because I'm very psyched this is happening but my chances of actually going feel very very slim with the state of ticket buying these days.

It's very stressful for sure. It's the worst part of attending live shows.  Maybe with so many people already seeing them at the festival it won't be as crazy

• Like 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

It's very stressful for sure. It's the worst part of attending live shows.  Maybe with so many people already seeing them at the festival it won't be as crazy

We can hope! This is giving me flashbacks to trying to get tix for their Aragon Ballroom show :pinch: I failed, but only managed to go because of a wonderful GD fan who had an extra.

Now I can't focus at work :lol: I'm watching my email like a hawk!!

My guess is they'll officially announce the show today or tomorrow and tickets will go on sale Wednesday. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I'll try for 2 when they go on sale!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I'll try for 2 when they go on sale!

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️ 

I'll also be trying so I'll make sure to keep you posted.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29