Nimrod rarities

lbw87

44 minutes ago, lbw87 said:

I'm not indebted to

Comments like these don't help your case. I came here to post another clip today, but then I read this. Listen, I am not beholden to you. Please be respectful and patient. We're all fans here.

I got hit by a flood in my basement recently and my DAW (with most of my recording equipment was put into storage). I planned on getting that stuff out over the holiday weekend to work on this. In the meantime, I felt like taking phone clips would be appropriate for the fans to hear, as I also didn't want to release a crappy phone clip of the entire song on the internet, but rather rip it properly. Plus, the vinyl skips like crazy. It's not a clean playback. I was hoping I could potentially do some editing to clean it up a bit. Therefore there's only certain portions of the song that I can take clips of that are clean and listenable, and that's what I planned on doing in the meantime.

I posted Redundant as soon as I could. And I will do the same with Alison. If you don't like that then I suggest you forget this thread and move on with your life.

For those who are interested in another clip and won't complain about it, here you go.

https://mega.nz/file/zro11DiC#nWOS6kbJF-83nzvgJLftWusmOug9VK0o-YdgwI7LVdc

thanks a lot!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, lbw87 said:

Comments like these don't help your case. I came here to post another clip today, but then I read this. Listen, I am not beholden to you. Please be respectful and patient. We're all fans here.

I got hit by a flood in my basement recently and my DAW (with most of my recording equipment was put into storage). I planned on getting that stuff out over the holiday weekend to work on this. In the meantime, I felt like taking phone clips would be appropriate for the fans to hear, as I also didn't want to release a crappy phone clip of the entire song on the internet, but rather rip it properly. Plus, the vinyl skips like crazy. It's not a clean playback. I was hoping I could potentially do some editing to clean it up a bit. Therefore there's only certain portions of the song that I can take clips of that are clean and listenable, and that's what I planned on doing in the meantime.

I posted Redundant as soon as I could. And I will do the same with Alison. If you don't like that then I suggest you forget this thread and move on with your life.

For those who are interested in another clip and won't complain about it, here you go.

Thank you! This song has a lot of personal meaning for me I’ve always wanted to hear GD’s version. Excited for the full clip whenever you’re able (sorry about the flood!)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, lbw87 said:

for preservation's sake make sure you have a copy of the full thing, regardless of quality, saved in multiple spots. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lbw87 said:

If it skips like crazy, try using a player with an adjustable tone arm. Those usually add better weight to the needle to play through most skips, in the case of dust or light warping.

Edited by alfredenormal
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alfredenormal said:

If it skips like crazy, try using a player with an adjustable tone arm. Those usually add better weight to the needle to play through most skips, in the case of dust or ligh 

I won’t be buying a new record player... Thanks. I have adjustable tone arm. Gruv glide and wood glue in most cases resolves dust, static electricity, clicks and pops. And I’ve also balanced my tone arm using the “ultimate analog  test lp”. As a vinyl collector I don’t need to hear any more suggestive, snobby, or confrontational comments from you.

Please leave this thread. 

19 hours ago, Alf said:

he already shared Redundant, just check the thread, and be patient, he probably is finding the best way to rip Alisson from the vinyl

I don't get how you interpret what I said as impatient. I was respectful about their time and I literally said thank you for doing this at all and post whenever you are ready. The Redundant post apparently just slipped by me.

Thanks, @lbw87 you're the best! I'm so sorry to hear about your basement. That really sucks! I hope nothing important to you was damaged.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, alfredenormal said:

If it skips like crazy, try using a player with an adjustable tone arm. Those usually add better weight to the needle to play through most skips, in the case of dust or light warping.

Lmao Add weight to play through skips and dust? Or someone could  just you know, clean the vinyl. Nice google  results you got on that search huh

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nopride84 said:

Lmao Add weight to play through skips and dust? Or someone could  just you know, clean the vinyl. Nice google  results you got on that search huh

Nope, not Google. How am I to know whether or not OP is playing it through one of those little Crosley briefcase players they sell at Urban Outfitters? Kinda tough to tell from the clip posted. And that’s not a knock at him. He spent good money on that record and said that it skips. That made me feel bad, as someone who collects as well. Was simply letting him know what works in my experience. My comment wasn’t intended to be snobby or condescending. There’s a lot of younger folks on this forum. It’s a little presumptive to assume that we can all tell each other’s ages and experience with vinyl. I definitely appreciate OP posting here. He certainly doesn’t have to do so.

Edited by alfredenormal
  • Like 3

On 5/28/2022 at 1:04 AM, alfredenormal said:

Nope, not Google. How am I to know whether or not OP is playing it through one of those little Crosley briefcase players they sell at Urban Outfitters? Kinda tough to tell from the clip posted. And that’s not a knock at him. He spent good money on that record and said that it skips. That made me feel bad, as someone who collects as well. Was simply letting him know what works in my experience. My comment wasn’t intended to be snobby or condescending. There’s a lot of younger folks on this forum. It’s a little presumptive to assume that we can all tell each other’s ages and experience with vinyl. I definitely appreciate OP posting here. He certainly doesn’t have to do so.

Just leave it to the OP, I'm sure if they have any questions or ideas I'm sure they'll ask

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, the official version is indeed that acoustic version.  Looking forward to hopefully hearing that full band version sometime! 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2022 at 4:25 PM, lbw87 said:

Green Day - Alison (Acoustic)

Billie Joe solo electric version. Branded as "Acoustic" on the 7"

I can upload raw files to Mega tomorrow. The vinyl as you can probably tell, is so noisy and lofi that it's just hard to listen to without some EQ and filtering applied. It is what it is.

The full band version...that side of the vinyl skips like hell. I'll take some more time to edit it but it won't be clean. It's probably pertinent to wait another month or so for the formal release (hopefully they are the same version).

You ever get that full band version in mega?

The Nimrod b-sides 'Sick Of Me' and 'Suffocate'...

Do you know why they weren't included on the anniversary edition?

Edited by Reverend Strychnine Twitch
Addition

On 12/13/2022 at 8:25 AM, lbw87 said:

Green Day - Alison (Acoustic)

Billie Joe solo electric version. Branded as "Acoustic" on the 7"

I can upload raw files to Mega tomorrow. The vinyl as you can probably tell, is so noisy and lofi that it's just hard to listen to without some EQ and filtering applied. It is what it is.

The full band version...that side of the vinyl skips like hell. I'll take some more time to edit it but it won't be clean. It's probably pertinent to wait another month or so for the formal release (hopefully they are the same version).

I wouldn't mind a really skipped version, I just want to hear slightly more of it besides the snippet on YouTube. 

13 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

The Nimrod b-sides 'Sick Of Me' and 'Suffocate'...

Do you know why they weren't included on the anniversary edition?

Probably cause they were on Shenanigans  and felt that was enough? 

but then again didn’t they just give us the demos and none of the b sides? Maybe they’re saving those for the 30th anniversary 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

but then again didn’t they just give us the demos and none of the b sides? Maybe they’re saving those for the 30th anniversary 

Yeah maybe. On the other hand Desensitized was included in the anniversary edition but not these 2 songs. As far as I know Suffocate and Sick Of Me are not originally from other albums' sessions (although released as Nimrod b-sides) am I right?

55 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Yeah maybe. On the other hand Desensitized was included in the anniversary edition but not these 2 songs. As far as I know Suffocate and Sick Of Me are not originally from other albums' sessions (although released as Nimrod b-sides) am I right?

Going by the credits they use the same people as Nimrod so I’m assuming they’re from the sessions it was Do Do Da and You Lied that was from other sessions but used in Nimrod singles and as the bonus tracks for the Australian and I think Japan versions of Nimrod 

• Like 1

JP Nimrod only had Desensitized. Do Da Da and You Lied were in AU, I think Rotting was too, as greenday.fm says it's from Insomniac originally. Apparently Sick is noted as a possible leftover from another session on the site, and once I caught that, I immediately thought "maybe Insomniac?"

5 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Exactly, they could be saving those for another milestone anniversary. Dookie 30 (which is today) did have On the Wagon, Tired of Waiting and unmixed 409 after all.

2 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Espionage was demoed and released on Nimrod 25 too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Honestly both snippets sound great! hope we can hear the full band version sometime in the future

Also btw by any chance does anyone have any pictures of the ebay listing of the vynil itself? I can't seem to find them anymore

Edited by Sr_Hiro