Nimrod rarities

lbw87

Am I the only one that can’t hear what’s different about this version? It sounds the same to me

• Like 1

I Love this version of Redundant! Sounds so full. Thanks so much for ripping it @lbw87. Can't wait to hear Allision! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Am I the only one that can’t hear what’s different about this version? It sounds the same to me

The solo is different 

On 5/13/2022 at 3:40 PM, lbw87 said:

Best way to hear the differences are to listen to it w headphones back to back w the album or single version.

Whole song is an unmastered mix, missing 2nd distorted guitar, increased acoustic guitar, solo more present, no overdub distorted guitars in chorus's, outro/fade out is different (doesn't have the guitar vibrato last note, fades out with organ, and lacks the drumstick/bass hit in few seconds)

Had no clue there was an acoustic guitar on Redundant until hearing this mix, this is amazing!

1 hour ago, Gonzalo17 said:

LOVE this versión of redundant! Thank you very much! From where it was taken??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Kind of like those trilogy remixes. I played them side by side and there is no difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Kind of like those trilogy remixes. I played them side by side and there is no difference. 

well, have you tried wash your ears? 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alf said:

well, have you tried wash your ears? 😂

Doctors don't recommend it.   

Ears are supposed to all waxy and gross.  

• Haha 4

On 5/7/2022 at 12:47 AM, lbw87 said:

I don’t know if its ok to post this, but f**k it… I got my hands on the unreleased outtake Alison (Elvis Costello Cover) from the Nimrod Sessions. It is from a bootleg 7inch record, which unfortunately skips a bit. But it is definitely GD, as you can tell. Crazy to hear after 25 years.

If it is ok w GDC I will rip the full song.

I also will be posting an unreleased alternate unmastered remix of Redundant from 1998. No.. its not the Richard Dodd wide mix. I’m calling it the “Warning mix” since it is less distorted and more stripped down like Warning - the album. There is no second guitar, and the mix has more presence on the acoustic guitar, tambourine, and overdubs. It sounds less chunky and something that’d fit in more so on Warning rather than Nimrod. I imagine it was an early mix before it was finished - but why it is labeled as 1998 makes me curious as to why it was mixed like this after the album release….

More to come.

Snippet of Alison 
https://mega.nz/file/W7wGjTZD#kT3e0_eQGpOow3bABWF9dr3oPOpmnGvNrVycEcMqvys

On 5/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, lbw87 said:

Here is Redundant 2-9-1998 Future Disc Systems Remix

Future Disc Systems is the team who mastered Nimrod. I imagine they were involved in the single release in 1998 perhaps as an early mix, or rejected mix. Sounds like something that'd be on Warning rather than Nimrod to me. Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/file/D6AgTZbJ#bW91hI_rSsynCH0joI8JlE6i3WS5-oRW4uRVehyQOcI

https://mega.nz/file/2mp3CYjL#rL7hhLZ-Cylj6zx1Ac7h1Rk3hge0Frk5JGN6a5_tAME

Thank you for these! Alternate mixes are so much fun

So apparently there are a bunch of Nimrod rarities! We have Allison, now we need Tony the Tiger…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lost Boy said:

So apparently there are a bunch of Nimrod rarities! We have Allison, now we need Tony the Tiger…

Ngl I never expected any of these to surface... but I was obviously wrong lol

People have some pretty awesome things... never would've expected earlier songs to surface. It's kinda surprising how many songs from the last decade haven't leaked tbh

• Like 3

On 5/23/2022 at 10:24 PM, Lost Boy said:

Is the full version of Alison avaiable to download?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lost Boy said:

I have no idea.

I sure hope so. Why tease us with a lo-fi clip? Might as well not mention it at all…

I'd love to have the whole Allison and Redundant. Whatever you've got! Whenever you're ready to post it. Thanks for sharing this with us! You didn't need to, but it was really nice and highly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I'd love to have the whole Allison and Redundant. Whatever you've got! Whenever you're ready to post it. Thanks for sharing this with us! You didn't need to, but it was really nice and highly appreciated.

he already shared Redundant, just check the thread, and be patient, he probably is finding the best way to rip Alisson from the vinyl

• Like 1