Green Day at Lollapalooza 2022

GreenDayItaly

36 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I'm upsetti. I really hate when they play Lolla.

Why?

Tbh, I wish they'd just have their own concerts.  But I caved in and bought a ticket. I just wanna see them again so bad. I'm having so much post concert depression rn🥺

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

Agreed.  Every year when they announce the lineup, I pray GD won't be there.  Kills me that they'll be here and I can't go.  There's just no way I'm going to stand through 10 hours of bands I don't care about to see them.  The only festival I'd consider going to would be Riot Fest, which would make more sense for them since at least it's the same genre.

This - I was holding out hope they were going to be the 3rd headliner for Riot Fest as I would have 100% purchased a ticket and made a trip out of it since I love the other bands performing. But since they’re doing Lolla that doesn’t seem likely and I’m not forking out that much money. 

I really want to see them again soon but I can’t justify paying festival ticket prices when I only care about a few bands. 

• Like 3

Feeling the same GD via festival-wise especially Lolla. If a friend wants to go with me I might make the trip but that’s its cause the line up isn’t doing it. Firefly is much closer to me and I actually like a lot more on their line up so that might be mine. 

I had so much fun at Lolla the last time they played there and met some great GDC’ers.  But once was enough.  Too expensive.  Too long a day.  I’m too old for this kind of concert.

I wouldn’t mind just them at Wrigley or anywhere else.  But I am happy they are a part of the Lollla lineup this year.  Just sad that that probably means no other Chicago show.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I’m excited for them to play Lollapalooza! My first time at Lolla was a few years ago when Twenty One Pilots played. My friend and I went hungover af after a Cubs game and Chicago bars the night before but had the best time lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Hey! Is anyone wanting to see Green Day at the Lollapalooza festival this July? 
And I had something come up now so I'm not even able to travel in July.

Long story short... I saw GD posted they're playing Florida in September. 

So now I'm trying to go that show(here's hoping I get a pit ticket tomorrow!!!🤞) instead of Lollapalooza as it's gonna be cheaper and closer to me than Chicago.

I bought the 4 day pass for Lollapalooza back on 3/22 my bank statement says. Lollapalooza won't give me a refund lol. What I can do is show you proof of the 4 day ticket(if you wanna buy) we can work out a price from that and go from there. If anybody is interested?

i can see about transferring the tickets in your name/ to your address from mine as they have NOT shipped out yet!

• 1 month later...

I am still debating on going.  I saw Green Day at Lollapalooza in 2010 and had an absolute blast the entire weekend.  But now I cannot find anyone to go with me or a place to stay.  Besides, I did go to HellaMega three times last year. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bringonjennifury said:

I am still debating on going.  I saw Green Day at Lollapalooza in 2010 and had an absolute blast the entire weekend.  But now I cannot find anyone to go with me or a place to stay.  Besides, I did go to HellaMega three times last year. 

Go, you only live once would be my motto.  Unless of course it means you don’t eat for a month or something.

• Like 4

My dream would be for them to play one of the aftershows.  Ideal dream, play it as the Foxies.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, Montclare said:

My dream would be for them to play one of the aftershows.  Ideal dream, play it as the Foxies.

Just realised you got your dream. Not Foxies but an aftershow

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

Can someone explain to me how to get to Hulu live streaming on the TV app?

Not sure what "TV app" is but if you have a Hulu subscription, you can watch on the Hulu app or website. I don't have Hulu Live TV but just a standard ad-free Hulu subscription and I was able to watch last night's stream. Just search for "Lollapalooza" and you'll see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Sanity Loan said:

Not sure what "TV app" is but if you have a Hulu subscription, you can watch on the Hulu app or website. I don't have Hulu Live TV but just a standard ad-free Hulu subscription and I was able to watch last night's stream. Just search for "Lollapalooza" and you'll see it.

Could you share a direct link, please?

51 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Green Day’s set will also be broadcast on SiriusXM, which I will be able to capture.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/lollapalooza-2022/

Sweet! Hopefully it's decent quality, which is rare with SXM.

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Could you share a direct link, please?

Hulu isn't offering a direct link to the Day 4 stream yet, but here is a link I got to the Lollapalooza "TV series" listing: https://www.hulu.com/series/53427fb3-6c1f-4311-8f81-29bc7b8a9c42

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2