Green Day TikTok Videos

Little Boy Named Booze

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re resorting to fail videos now 😂 But Billie is such a sweetheart everyone is laughing when Chris wipes out and Billie is immediately there to see if he’s okay 🥰 

Yeah, this is the guy who branded that poor sod on the Pop Disaster tour! 😂 You are right though; I think he was appalled by the damage that did.  

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yeah, this is the guy who branded that poor sod on the Pop Disaster tour! 😂 You are right though; I think he was appalled by the damage that did.  

He was young and stupid. Now he’s older and slightly less stupid 😉

• Haha 2

Messing about backstage and Chris came running in towards Tre but fell, out of view hand under what May have been a piano.  Everyone laughed but Billie rushed in checking if he was ok, they posted he was.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Messing about backstage and Chris came running in towards Tre but fell, out of view hand under what May have been a piano.  Everyone laughed but Billie rushed in checking if he was ok, they posted he was.  

Aww that’s sweet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Looks like they took it down. What was it?

They made an indoor slip and slide backstage with a shiny wet floor. Chris went running down it and started sliding but landed flat on his back. Everyone laughed and Billie went to help him up. The kind of jackass stuff they’d do and share all the time in the past Idk why they took this one down.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They made an indoor slip and slide backstage with a shiny wet floor. Chris went running down it and started sliding but landed flat on his back. Everyone laughed and Billie went to help him up. The kind of jackass stuff they’d do and share all the time in the past Idk why they took this one down.

:lol: love how silly they still are

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The kind of jackass stuff they’d do and share all the time in the past Idk why they took this one down.

I am willing to bet someone complained that Chris could have been hurt, that’s not funny etc etc.

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

I am willing to bet someone complained that Chris could have been hurt, that’s not funny etc etc.

The internet is full of these videos. If they’d added funny music it could have gone viral

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If they’d added funny music it could have gone viral

Yeah, without that laugh, the impression might have been different.

But to be honest, I wish they would refrain from that kind of antics because it makes me nervous that someone might get hurt every time.... 😔

34 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I saw someone tried to cancel them for far more serious stuff on tiktok a few weeks ago and nothing came out of it so i think they’re good

What was that ?? 

4 minutes ago, StillBreathing said:

What was that ?? 

It was a drama account, your fave is problematic kind of stuff. They listed the usual catchphrases, racism sexism you name it

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It was a drama account, your fave is problematic kind of stuff. They listed the usual catchphrases, racism sexism you name it

Weird cause GD aren't like that lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Weird cause GD aren't like that lol

Yeah she didn’t even give examples for the things she was blaming them for except for the n word in American Eulogy and the LOTAG book (which was just a comics lyric book but someone wrote a horrible annotation for it). Thank god more research wasn’t put into it though, if she found The Network’s masterpiece C.U.N.T. she’d have a field day and I couldn’t even disagree.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Omg I'm so sick of outrage culture. I get it. A lot of our beloved celebrities have done horrible things. And yes that should be called out. But now it feels like so many people on the internet to dig up shit people to find any excuse to cancel them as if to say look! You can't like this thing now! I'm sick of people trying to cancel someone over fake or small things. 

Yeah, there's no real interest to engage with things critically, it's just "this person/thing bad because i said so"

• Like 2

I just feel that everybody seems offended by everything, fine if you are genuinely upset by something but it means creeps start getting away stuff due to the old "cried wolf" thing, and also serious things start lose importance.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

I just feel that everybody seems offended by everything, fine if you are genuinely upset by something but it means creeps start getting away stuff due to the old "cried wolf" thing, and also serious things start lose importance.

Exactly. There has to be more than one level to it. I do think some lyrics Billie has written were in poor taste and don't reflect well on him, but that doesn't mean that it's comparable to people getting cancelled for committing actual crimes etc. As Anita Sarkeesian said:  “It's both possible, and even necessary, to simultaneously enjoy media while also being critical of its more problematic or pernicious aspects.”

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Exactly. There has to be more than one level to it. I do think some lyrics Billie has written were in poor taste and don't reflect well on him, but that doesn't mean that it's comparable to people getting cancelled for committing actual crimes etc. As Anita Sarkeesian said:  “It's both possible, and even necessary, to simultaneously enjoy media while also being critical of its more problematic or pernicious aspects.”

I agree but I think attitudes have changed to a staggering degree in the last 30 years, largely the period he’s been writing.

59 minutes ago, jengd said:

I agree but I think attitudes have changed to a staggering degree in the last 30 years, largely the period he’s been writing.

definitely, that's a thing to consider. then there's stuff like Platypus and CUNT where he probably was aware that stuff is pretty vile to say about someone, but they're both songs I enjoy even though I think he was being an asshole.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

definitely, that's a thing to consider. then there's stuff like Platypus and CUNT where he probably was aware that stuff is pretty vile to say about someone, but they're both songs I enjoy even though I think he was being an asshole.

Yes, he has definitely flown close to the edge at times!

• Like 1