1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

28 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

LOL what??? UG is over a year late on this. Yikes.

better late then never, I guess

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

You’re asking the right question 🙂

Thank you it was rhetorical :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pcj said:

In it's own topic a lot of guys like it. I reckon it would be the sensible thing to do now. Just a digital release to generate some income for the band at least. And world generate interest for the future with a wider audience.  

That's assuming the track hasn't been parted out/cannibalized to fill out other songs. And I hope that's not the case

• Like 2

3 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Undisclosed studio?! Something something confirmed 

The article also quotes wikipedia, so it doesn't contain new information

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Flashback said:

The article also quotes wikipedia, so it doesn't contain new information

And like I said, the studio was never actually undisclosed!! We know they were at RAK and Ocean Way (United)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Bebop a Lula baby, badabing badaboom badabing bada Gloria! 

Thank you for reminding me that song existed 😠

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Thank you for reminding me that song existed 😠

Sorry I reminded you of Viva La Gloria.   Resume listening to Haushinka on a loop.  😀

Gonna start a war

You're slogans a gun for hire

It's what we waited for

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

Sorry I reminded you of Viva La Gloria.   Resume listening to Haushinka on a loop.  😀

Gonna start a war

You're slogans a gun for hire

It's what we waited for

Dude I’m still procesing that bebopalula was a lyric that was actually used in a song 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, þjáningu said:

here comes the shark 🦈

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Dude I’m still procesing that bebopalula was a lyric that was actually used in a song 

It’s been used in many songs since the 50s

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

It’s been used in many songs since the 50s

Has it been like you know good writing? In a Green Day song? In 2022?

• Like 1

I hope we get a new band member during the next Era.  Maybe Violent J of ICP is learning the Green Day catalogue before they can tour with him as the new front man.    And before you guys freak out,  Billie will still be in the band.  He's just going to be demoted to a Jason White position.   Maybe they can let him sing King for a Day or Good Riddance.   Violent J ain't gonna want to sing no Nimrod poop, know what I'm sayin'?  

But seriously, I think we need a redemption of the Trilogy ers.   Fourth member, weird songs, and ICP if Lady Cobra is busy....

• Surprised 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I hope we get a new band member during the next Era.  Maybe Violent J of ICP is learning the Green Day catalogue before they can tour with him as the new front man.    And before you guys freak out,  Billie will still be in the band.  He's just going to be demoted to a Jason White position.   Maybe they can let him sing King for a Day or Good Riddance.   Violent J ain't gonna want to sing no Nimrod poop, know what I'm sayin'?  

But seriously, I think we need a redemption of the Trilogy ers.   Fourth member, weird songs, and ICP if Lady Cobra is busy....

Kevin Preston was in one of the 1972 teasers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

I hope this is a tongue in cheek sorta joke. And your not being serious. 

Billie Joe, as well as being the bestest  songwriter, guitarist and singer in the universe, he's an entertainer and a showman. He's unique, there's no one like him. At live shows he's the conductor, and we bow to his every command. And you want to demote him. GD is BJ, Mike & Tre, period.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, pcj said:

I hope this is a tongue in cheek sorta joke. And your not being serious. 

Billie Joe, as well as being the bestest  songwriter, guitarist and singer in the universe, he's an entertainer and a showman. He's unique, there's no one like him. At live shows he's the conductor, and we bow to his every command. And you want to demote him. GD is BJ, Mike & Tre, period.

My tongue is in the middle of my mouth, as usual.   😝

I do kind of wish we'd get a fourth member again, that I was serious about.    As for it being Violent J of Insane Clown Posse, yeah maybe that's too wild for Punk Rock, lol.   I am thinking about going to the Gathering of Juggalos, so it was just a thought.    Spread some mad Green Day love while I'm there.  (not kidding about this either, lol) 

As far as 1972, someone speculated over on YouTube a 2024/2025 timeframe.    Is this thing cursed?   Are we going to be on Page 1000 of this thread talking about a 2027/2028 release date?   2029/2030?        2030/2031?   What is happening?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:09 AM, Sanity Loan said:

LOL what??? UG is over a year late on this. Yikes.

This is an article that could have come out in 2021, 2022, 2023, maybe even 2024 or 2025.   

This thread is dead as our hopes on any release for this year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic