1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, jengd said:

Jeez guys, it was a joke.

It’s not, it’s obnoxious trolling and played the hell out around here. 

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can't make jokes anymore on GDC, I see.

Some people should just relax. Bunch of 🤡🤡🤡🤡

I trust you @jengd, something is happening tomorrow 👀

You should be fired as a mod if you are going to allow (and encourage) endless trolling.

• Confused 1

I don't remember but, were all bj Instagram comebacks for any mkt/announcements/releases purposes in the past? 

5 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

I don't remember but, were all bj Instagram comebacks for any mkt/announcements/releases purposes in the past? 

Yes!! I think back in October/November 2021, he shared some Sweet Children album artwork concepts!!! And then the 1972 teasing started that December!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

His IG is down again for me.

Only insiders can view it

• Haha 3

In all honesty I'm trying to tell myself that Billie has come back to public insta just cuz he's bored and wants to mess about, just to avoid any disappointment if nothing does happen.

But if it's true that in the past he's only returned before album stuff (I wasn't really paying attention to anything that happened after the longshot so i don't know) and that the album is due out in about 6-8 months - well it is kinda hard to deny there's something there.

Billie being back on IG is hopeful! Could just be random but the possibility of it being for promo purposes is a bit exciting 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

You should be fired as a mod if you are going to allow (and encourage) endless trolling.

Oh no you did it I lost my orange name :(

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, jengd said:

Thanks @squinty bitch for your kind words!  Sorry, I thought it was ages since we’d had one of those enigmatic posts (which I love ‘cos they never go anywhere) and clearly with the news that the album is going to be released in 2024 nothing is close but then Billie returned to IG.  I thought maybe we’d be able to laugh at ourselves a little (myself included) and how excited we get for any little scrap of info and did not mean to cause any upset.  Like everyone else, I’m just waiting for new music! Like @Little Boy Named Booze said, we need to relax. 

Love yer @jengd keep posting ❤️

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It’s very likely he’s back for promo, the only question is what the promo is going to be for

26 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

You’re asking the right question 🙂

👀

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, StaryedHeart said:

Let's hope for a summer single. I don't mind waiting a few months for the new album but come one Green Day don't abandon us completely hahaha

If your right I reckon It'll be a stand alone single e.g. HT etc. Too soon to be from new album. 

Unless I'm mistaken, the longest period between 1st single prior to a new album has been just under 8 weeks.

Until FOAM. The foam single was released just under 5 months prior to the album release.

18 minutes ago, That Dude said:

It says undisclosed studio but we already know they’ve been to RAK in London and Ocean Way

23 minutes ago, pcj said:

If your right I reckon It'll be a stand alone single e.g. HT etc. Too soon to be from new album. 

Perhaps maybe One Eyed Bastard really is getting an official release?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It says undisclosed studio but we already know they’ve been to RAK in London and Ocean Way

Perhaps maybe One Eyed Bastard really is getting an official release?

In it's own topic a lot of guys like it. I reckon it would be the sensible thing to do now. Just a digital release to generate some income for the band at least. And world generate interest for the future with a wider audience.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, pcj said:

In it's own topic a lot of guys like it. I reckon it would be the sensible thing to do now. Just a digital release to generate some income for the band at least. And world generate interest for the future with a wider audience.  

Especially if they play it at the Harley Davidson show next month!!!

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic