1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, dreamykatie said:

Don't take that away from ThatDude, it's the only thing he has 😢

Going to hit half a million views on YouTube today, so I redacted my worthless post. I now have something else, 😄.

So let's talk 1972.  Which teaser excites you most?  I think the slow one could be something. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Going to hit half a million views on YouTube today, so I redacted my worthless post. I now have something else, 😄.

So let's talk 1972.  Which teaser excites you most?  I think the slow one could be something. 

You mean the black and white video with everything in reverse? I actually was very intrigued by that one, definitely excited to hear what that full song sounds like. 

I think the one that made my ears perk up the most was the one with Lenny at the beginning that was like "play this sound for your dog... wait for it..."  The clip had some awesome heavy guitars I really liked.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

You mean the black and white video with everything in reverse? I actually was very intrigued by that one, definitely excited to hear what that full song sounds like. 

I think the one that made my ears perk up the most was the one with Lenny at the beginning that was like "play this sound for your dog... wait for it..."  The clip had some awesome heavy guitars I really liked.

How about this one? It's not exactly a teaser, because Billie accidentally posted it in his Instagram story then quickly took it down.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

How about this one? It's not exactly a teaser, because Billie accidentally posted it in his Instagram story then quickly took it down.

Oh yeah that one was awesome as well. And there's no way that was an accident. LOL

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Look like a mix between Letterbomb and Murder City?

• Like 2

Well it’s not a new Green Day song, but it’s a charity single for Ukraine featuring Tré on drums

• Like 2

Wish I like Gogol Bordello better but I just don’t like them much. Good for them though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm 100% sure that non of these videos were posted "accidentally". He just wanted to tease us 😅

• Like 3

Did we had an answer about the Savior thing?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Flashback said:

I'm 100% sure that non of these videos were posted "accidentally". He just wanted to tease us 😅

I wonder what made him take it down fast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder what made him take it down fast

I'm sure he just wanted to tease us that way and to create excitement

59 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I remember those days.

Can’t believe that those days were long time ago already. This album is taking too long. 

• Like 1

Maybe Billie's been learning to rap, starting a marriage with Lady Cobra and finding new band mates to replace the rhythm section.

3 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Can’t believe that those days were long time ago already. This album is taking too long. 

Don't mind waiting as long as it takes as it's gonna be awesome, if the teasers are anything to go by.

Other than the latest official update of it's release early '24, the previous statement says the band are still working on it. 

Onward and upwards as the GD journey continues. Getting better and better every time from AI, 21stC, and RevRad and next up album 14. Bring it on.

Oh yea, FOAM was a side project, a night out, a party. It was needed. Now back to work. Now we are ready for it. Let's roll up our sleeves. Let's see now, a 6 song ep. Wait a minute, we can do better than this let's go for a full album. Well 10 teases done are we ready. No, still writing, more songs flowing, let's put another song on the album and another, this is going to be epic. '24 is gonna be a special year. Well worth the wait.

• Like 4

If February is the target release date, we should hear something by October or at the latest, November.    

I have nothing zany to say at this time. 😐 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Timeline seems to closely mirror Warning -> American Idiot, including a potentially abandoned/completely reworked project and a Network album in between. We just now have social media and a larger GDC presence to be made aware of everything going on.

Do you know if they started from scratch at any point in this project? I hope nothing got cut because those original teasers sounded really good!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Well it’s not a new Green Day song, but it’s a charity single for Ukraine featuring Tré on drums

There's a thread for it here

16 hours ago, jengd said:

Wish I like Gogol Bordello better but I just don’t like them much. Good for them though.

Yeah I really wanted to see them live and when I did it started out kinda OK but by the end it was a bit wtf!! :lol: Not exactly in a hurry to see them again! 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic