1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

19 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

AHAHAHA you're so stupid 😂 

You're not the only one to have the leak anymore so you're mad. Such a little baby.

I'm happy to have found the song and shared it to fucking everyone :)

So you're happy you found it on a site that everyone found on Google? You're acting like you found a lost piece of the bible or some shit get the fuck outta here lmao green day dumpster diving as the songs trash and you're acting like trash .it's funny you're profile says you're 30 🤣 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

So you're happy you found it on a site that everyone found on Google? You're acting like you found a lost piece of the bible or some shit get the fuck outta here lmao green day dumpster diving as the songs trash and you're acting like trash .it's funny you're profile says you're 30 🤣 

🤡🤡🤡 little jealous girl.

• Like 2

Funny seeing all the braggers from a few days ago totally turn heel. So hypocritical.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nopride84 said:

no need to get aggressive like that. I couldn't find it  neither on google nor on youtube. So I am happy he found it. And searching for the song felt like looking for a "lost piece of bible" 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, legendary said:

Maybe OEB is a homage to James Gandolfini

https://www.vulture.com/2020/08/james-gandolfini-green-day-fan.html

This news was from August 8, 2020

Oh right!  I totally forgot that James Gandolfini was a HUGE Green Day fan so it could be!  “He would play the vinyl of dookie in his trailer at work. Totally serious,”  “Gandolfini would also sing basket case and make up his own lyrics about HBO and the writers and producers of the sopranos,”  “He also named his dog dookie and used it in his email address.”

• Like 4

So all this and still absolutely no information on Green Day 1972 and/or Album 14.

Maybe they are doing another Trilogy so they can proof to the world it can work if the songs are Idiot Levels of great.    And the 2nd disc will sound FOAM, but still idiotesque.

9 hours ago, M1KEY said:

I'm pretty sure they do the demos themselves. They aren't paying someone to engineer, record and mix demos. They have studios space and plenty of engineering knowledge and experience at this point. Still not convinced this is a demo personally.

In my head Dugan doing it is essentially them doing it themselves, he's very close with the band and it's not like they can't afford to pay him for that. He already does all of Billie's throwaway side projects etc. I've said it before and I'll say it again, demo or not demo it's not a CLA mix so it's not something that's going to be final on the record.

We also know the FOAMF demos were also engineered and mixed by Chris Dugan so I'm just going based off of that, this has a similar sound to the title track from that too which we know mostly used the demo recordings done by Dugan instead of being re-recorded at a studio with Butch Walker

• Like 3

I am going to take the wave file I have and produce it myself.  One Eyed Bastard (That Dude Mix).    Of course, I will not share it, even if I blend it into song-goop and build a completely new song out of it as I do sometimes.   One thing is for certain though.  I'm going to be doing a lot of clapping and snapping and whistling.    Maybe get a big Ole bag of Gary Glitter b-sides to toss in the mix.  😄 

I really hate the title, so I'm renaming it to One Eyed Dude.  If I were Green Day, I'd call this song something else as well.  Kiss the Ring is nice.   Mafia Summer, maybe.

Not sure if I'm late on this but I noticed the 12 and 7 second snippets that were uploaded to YouTube of One Eyed Bastard were removed and the channel was deleted. Wonder if it was a change of heart or higher ups got ahold of it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Not sure if I'm late on this but I noticed the 12 and 7 second snippets that were uploaded to YouTube of One Eyed Bastard were removed and the channel was deleted. Wonder if it was a change of heart or higher ups got ahold of it. 

Probably deleted by higher ups.

The whole song is on tiktok now by another user 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So the next challenge is to find 2 snippet of two different song.

Don't tease a project 2 years before releasing... absolutely nothing. Marketing sucks. I hope the whole album is gonna get leaked.

Actually three other songs are floting through trader circles. But all of them are Foam leftovers. I doubt they have anything to do with 1972

• Like 2

Having heard the song, it sounds like it's finished for release. As the album is delayed till '24, maybe it was planned as a stand alone filler in near future, like hcts, Pollyanna, ht. 

Maybe that's why band is pissed off about it's leak, rather than old demo with no future plans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Don't tease a project 2 years before releasing... absolutely nothing. Marketing sucks. I hope the whole album is gonna get leaked.

There are actually #, not 2.

They can tease whatever they like. Clearly their plans changed, and probably for the better. It's most likely something bigger and better now so there's no reason to be so negative towards them.

I hope it doesn't leak at all. 

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Funny seeing all the braggers from a few days ago totally turn heel. So hypocritical.

Oh do go on, elaborate. Please. 😄

7 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

The band was the one who intentionally leaked it 😂😂

I was working on a TV series and while we were still shooting the first season a teaser trailer leaked. Was chatting with the lead actor about it and he said "nothing in this industry leaks by accident". 

36 minutes ago, Alf said:

Actually three other songs are floting through trader circles. But all of them are Foam leftovers. I doubt they have anything to do with 1972

I miss the days when there were CD singles with b-sides and rarities. It was so exciting to find a single somewhere, look at the track listing and see a song title you didn't recognize. 🥰 Not that I would have been searching far and wide for any of the terrible singles from FOAM but they definitely would have tossed those songs onto the singles.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

They can tease whatever they like. Clearly their plans changed, and probably for the better. It's most likely something bigger and better now so there's no reason to be so negative towards them.

I was working on a TV series and while we were still shooting the first season a teaser trailer leaked. Was chatting with the lead actor about it and he said "nothing in this industry leaks by accident". 

I miss the days when there were CD singles with b-sides and rarities. It was so exciting to find a single somewhere, look at the track listing and see a song title you didn't recognize. 🥰 Not that I would have been searching far and wide for any of the terrible singles from FOAM but they definitely would have tossed those songs onto the singles.

I believe some of the 21CB B-sides were iTunes exclusives

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Why would you want that? Are you really so mad at the band for taking their time on an album that you'd want the whole experience to be ruined for everyone?

And why waste your time trying to find songs that aren't available? I knew OEB was inevitably going to get leaked at some point because just too many people had heard the full leak and basically everyone had heard the short clips

But how many people have even heard those clips of those other 2 songs? If it's only like 1 or 2 people, don't expect these songs to ever leak. At most we might hear the snippets. We will not hear the full songs until the band decides if/when to release them

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

Those where the days when an album single include up to 3 or even 4 additional tracks. Really loved the live tracks from various live shows around the world. Wish they would start doing that again, please.

• Like 4

Do we really know for a fact OEB was leaked and not a marketing push for the band to generate hype for a new album?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why would you want that? Are you really so mad at the band for taking their time on an album that you'd want the whole experience to be ruined for everyone?

Lol you were one of the first to dm me to have the leak.

• Haha 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic