1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Wait, so 3 songs leaked today? OEB and two snippets?

Thats actually kinda creepy because I literally just woke up from a dream where I came on here and I saw a comment from GDfan2019 saying 3 songs had leaked. 😱 So I went round telling people that 3 green day songs had leaked and then they turned out to be older songs and covers that had been released in memory of a GD crew member that had died, I felt so dumb lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squinty bitch said:

Wait, so 3 songs leaked today? OEB and two snippets?

Thats actually kinda creepy because I literally just woke up from a dream where I came on here and I saw a comment from GDfan2019 saying 3 songs had leaked. 😱 So I went round telling people that 3 green day songs had leaked and then they turned out to be older songs and covers that had been released in memory of a GD crew member that had died, I felt so dumb lmao

I hope the rest of your dream wasn’t real

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yes 2 others song has been leaked as well.

If that’s true, and they came from Crush then they have a serious problem there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Wouldn’t it be a funny coincidence if they leaked into my DMs?

Subtle, I like it! 😉😁

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

I actually think the 2 YouTube snippets are the same song (OEB)

Give me the youtube link in DM please.

EDIT: Yeah that was OEB

7 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

I actually think the 2 YouTube snippets are the same song (OEB)

yeah, it's the same song

Someone on the GreenDay.fm thread just commented that they thnk OEB was actually recorded for 1972.

"To me it sounds pretty different from FOAM. The production is very different. The drums are actually pretty prominent, whereas they were pretty muted and compressed on FOAM. Yes there are claps but they are understated, whereas they kinda took things over on FOAM. The lyrics are pretty simplistic, but still not as simplistic as most of the FOAM tracks. Also, the obvious references to the Godfather (which came out in 1972) makes me think this was written as part of the 1972 project. There is a lot of conflicting info out there right now, but if I remember correctly, this track was recorded in 2021, after FOAM. Thus it makes more sense that it was intended for the 1972 project that they started teasing at the end of 2021."

https://forum.greenday.fm/t/album-14-news-rumours-speculation/28/1069

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Someone on the GreenDay.fm thread just commented that they thnk OEB was actually recorded for 1972.

"To me it sounds pretty different from FOAM. The production is very different. The drums are actually pretty prominent, whereas they were pretty muted and compressed on FOAM. Yes there are claps but they are understated, whereas they kinda took things over on FOAM. The lyrics are pretty simplistic, but still not as simplistic as most of the FOAM tracks. Also, the obvious references to the Godfather (which came out in 1972) makes me think this was written as part of the 1972 project. There is a lot of conflicting info out there right now, but if I remember correctly, this track was recorded in 2021, after FOAM. Thus it makes more sense that it was intended for the 1972 project that they started teasing at the end of 2021."

https://forum.greenday.fm/t/album-14-news-rumours-speculation/28/1069

I remember Jason stating that this song has been reworked for 1972 (or whatever its called)

• Like 2

If all three of these came from a hack, seems weird that two are only snippets, and not full songs.  Unless by snippets people mean not fully completed songs (as opposed to the snippet of OEB that was going around).  You'd think whoever hacked into the system would have the complete songs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

If all three of these came from a hack, seems weird that two are only snippets, and not full songs.  Unless by snippets people mean not fully completed songs (as opposed to the snippet of OEB that was going around).  You'd think whoever hacked into the system would have the complete songs.

Where do you think the snippets came from? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

Where do you think the snippets came from? ;)

That's what I mean.  Some of the comments made it seem like whoever hacked in only got snippets, as opposed to someone somewhere having the two other complete songs.

I just listend to one eyed bastard and I think it’s quite nice just lyrics are like 6/10 .

but overall I think I’m okay if the album sounds like that it’s the right direction and logical when you come from FOAM .

if anyone has other lkd songs feel free to DM A LINK 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

I just listend to one eyed bastard and I think it’s quite nice just lyrics are like 6/10 .

but overall I think I’m okay if the album sounds like that it’s the right direction and logical when you come from FOAM .

if anyone has other lkd songs feel free to DM A LINK 

I don't think you should lower your expectations just because of FOAMF. Green Day are a great band capable of releasing great music and I'm still going to hold them to a pretty high standard. And this is just a demo of a song recorded on the same year that FOAM released. This is not going to be a proper indication of the sound the next album is going to be, even if the song ends up on the album, it'll probably either be a lot different to how it is now or an outlier which sounds different to the rest of the album

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't think you should lower your expectations just because of FOAMF. Green Day are a great band capable of releasing great music and I'm still going to hold them to a pretty high standard. And this is just a demo of a song recorded on the same year that FOAM released. This is not going to be a proper indication of the sound the next album is going to be, even if the song ends up on the album, it'll probably either be a lot different to how it is now or an outlier which sounds different to the rest of the album

I hope so but at this point I would hope for a leak that’s pretty close to the album or should we wait another two years for the actual thing?

26 minutes ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

I hope so but at this point I would hope for a leak that’s pretty close to the album or should we wait another two years for the actual thing?

How about another official Tiktok teaser from the guys themselves?

• Like 2

Would be funny if the album leaks before the band even announces it. The risk you run holding onto something for this long.

30 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Would be funny if the album leaks before the band even announces it. The risk you run holding onto something for this long.

Good point. I suspect they’re holding on for the release in order to time it with the American idiot anniversary. But at what expense? More leaked songs? Hoping we get some answers sooner rather than later before the entire album starts spilling online piece by piece…

1 minute ago, nflsbest26 said:

Good point. I suspect they’re holding on for the release in order to time it with the American idiot anniversary. But at what expense? More leaked songs? Hoping we get some answers sooner rather than later before the entire album starts spilling online piece by piece…

The other leaked songs are definitely Foam leftovers

Butch Walker might be credited as producer for this album if the band decides to include this song, or other songs from before Cavallo came in to produce. Because Butch did say at some point that he was getting ready to start working on the next GD album, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Butch Walker might be credited as producer for this album if the band decides to include this song, or other songs from before Cavallo came in to produce. Because Butch did say at some point that he was getting ready to start working on the next GD album, right?

I doubt that if this ends up on the new album the band wouldn't re record it on the same studio as the rest of the songs. And I don't believe BW jas anything to do with this song 

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic