1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

57 minutes ago, legendary said:

OEB has a very similar P!nk's So What riff + Iggy Pop's The Passenger melody

Your right....and I don't know how to feel about that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, legendary said:

OEB has a very similar P!nk's So What riff + Iggy Pop's The Passenger melody

Oh yeah! I just saw Iggy play that on both Saturday and Sunday at Cruel World! 😈

• Like 1

....And the excitement has once again waned.    

Could the album be called One Eyed Monster?   Eh, that's kind of stupid.   I haven't heard a decent album title yet, with the exception of OOZE, and that one was speculated in 2019, before Father of All.   Ooze was a better title then and it's a better title now. 

GREEN DAY OOZE. 

I have not heard the full song, and it's pretty debilitating, taxing, and I'm trying to get someone to cryo freeze me until new Green Day is available.....but I think I'm dealing pretty well considering the scope of what is happening.    Currently blasting a TON of Box Car Racer because they aren't in my most listened artists and they should be.  

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Did we say May? May is almost over, we meant later… they changed their minds… yeah that’s it

May 2024.... Maybe

• Like 1

I keep coming up with Doctor Strange results when mining for this stupid One Eyed Monster business.   Also, Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.   And some stock images of one eyed monsters.    There was a 12 second cover of the song on YouTube, but bit the bullet.   

"Lyrics for this song have yet to be released. Please check back once the song has been released."

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

I keep coming up with Doctor Strange results when mining for this stupid One Eyed Monster business.   Also, Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.   And some stock images of one eyed monsters.    There was a 12 second cover of the song on YouTube, but bit the bullet.   

"Lyrics for this song have yet to be released. Please check back once the song has been released."

Reminder: please make sure SafeSearch is on when searching for "One Eyed Monster" on Google Images.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Reminder: please make sure SafeSearch is on when searching for "One Eyed Monster" on Google Images.

and never accidently type "rule 34" right after it either.   Haha

52 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I keep coming up with Doctor Strange results when mining for this stupid One Eyed Monster business. 

People claiming to have the full song on some websites are thinking of posting it soon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

People claiming to have the full song on some websites are thinking of posting it soon. 

Seen these claims too. Hopefully it's more than just teasing

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Honestly I prefer that It leaked in another place than here. And yes, I’d love to hear the full song just to kill a little bit the waiting. 

• Like 3

I am hoping for it to drop this Friday.   Badabing badaboom Savior 72.

One Eyed Monster for life.  

32 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I am hoping for it to drop this Friday.   Badabing badaboom Savior 72.

One Eyed Monster for life.  

If this is a song from 2020 I don't even think it's gonna be on 1972.

Maybe OEB will never be released 👀

• Like 2

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

If this is a song from 2020 I don't even think it's gonna be on 1972.

Maybe OEB will never be released 👀

I've wondered if maybe it was a possible standalone single like Shock or Pollyanna.  And maybe the similarities to P!nk and Iggy Pop are a reason why it never came out. Who knows.

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic