1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

That snippet leaves me a little bit worried. It doesn’t sound like the stuff they were posting on tik tok a year ago or so. More like foam with better production. Those handclaps and Billie once again screaming reaching for notes he can barely sing, like in Fire Ready Aim, a pretty generic riff - that’s Foam all over again. I hope at least the songs wouldn’t be as underdeveloped as they were on Foam

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kripack said:

That snippet leaves me a little bit worried. It doesn’t sound like the stuff they were posting on tik tok a year ago or so. More like foam with better production. Those handclaps and Billie once again screaming reaching for notes he can barely sing, like in Fire Ready Aim, a pretty generic riff - that’s Foam all over again. I hope at least the songs wouldn’t be as underdeveloped as they were on Foam

It wouldn’t surprise me if this song was a FOAM era idea they later developed more. Also it’s a demo so it might not be representative of the album. That said maybe the album is FOAM with Cavaĺlo production if that’s the kind of songwriting Billie wants to do these days.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That said maybe the album is FOAM with Cavaĺlo production if that’s the kind of songwriting Billie wants to do these days.

He’d  better leave that shit for the Longshot or whatever side-project shenanigans he decides to do next time. Green Day album should be a fucking celebration! It should have songs that you’d wanna blast so loud, your neighbors across the street would go deaf. Do they really want to put out music they don’t even want to play live? I mean the best song on FOAM sounds like it’s a demo shy to go to it’s full potential and awkwardly fades away instead

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, kripack said:

He’d  better leave that shit for the Longshot or whatever side-project shenanigans he decides to do next time. Green Day album should be a fucking celebration! It should have songs that you’d wanna blast so loud, your neighbors across the street would go deaf. Do they really want to put out music they don’t even want to play live? I mean the best song on FOAM sounds like it’s a demo shy to go to it’s full potential and awkwardly fades away instead

He can pull it off just fine. The FOAM songs just needed a bit more development 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kripack said:

If the rumors about Billie getting vocal treatment are true, this could be one of the reasons why he decided to do it honestly.

Imo it seems very unlikely there’s only a snippet without the full song 

I think we can find it somewhere on internet… 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kripack said:

You may not like his falsetto but it’s a pretty good falsetto.  Some of his songs are very difficult and like any human, sometimes one performance is better or worse than another.

41 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

If the rumors about Billie getting vocal treatment are true, this could be one of the reasons why he decided to do it honestly.

I’m not sure there’s any foundation in that at all, it’s not like he’s disappeared for a very long period to have treatment.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nohamxx said:

Imo it seems very unlikely there’s only a snippet without the full song 

I think we can find it somewhere on internet… 

It is somewhere, but I am REALLY struggling to find it. This type of thing has never been my forte, but I also don't typically strike out completely. 

Guys I really think we should end the discussion about the leaked song and get back to the 1972 hype and anticipation!!! There’s a red banner at the top of the screen warning us to not share it!!!

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day will be the focus of 2024.

Focus of the Spring of 2024, or the Summer of 2024?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Guys I really think we should end the discussion about the leaked song and get back to the 1972 hype and anticipation!!! There’s a red banner at the top of the screen warning us to not share it!!!

Discussion of the leaked song is allowed. Banner only says not to share or ask for the leak. What else about the album is there going on right now that's worth talking about other than the leaked song which is probably going to be on the album?

If you're asking people not to mention the leak, you're really just asking people not to talk about anything.

• Like 3

It’s a stalemate situation. No one who has the song wants to share it publicly in case their source might lose trust, but it’s also natural to at least want to confirm to other fans that it exists, even if it may be frustrating for people. I think it’s unnecessary to tease something you cannot share/be smug about it, but I think for the most part we’re all on the same boat. If the song makes it to the album everyone is going to hear it and if it doesn’t, I guess it’s still going to surface when the attention shifts?

• Like 3

We all got distracted by the leak song that we forgot the main question: what the heck savior is?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BratReject23 said:

We all got distracted by the leak song that we forgot the main question: what the heck savior is?

Saviors I think might be part of the album title, either that or it's a song. But if that is the album title, I'm surprised they would have that finalized now if this thing isn't coming out until next year. Again, I'm hoping Cavallo was simply misquoted about 2024. Maybe he meant they're touring Europe in 2024?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

Anyone have the lyrics to Flying Purple Eater or whatever?

1. Trailer trash in the Catskills. (In the Catskills)

2. Mozambique Is Pretty.

These are unlikely to be anything.

"Purple People Eater (Remastered)

Sheb Wooley

Well I saw the thing a comin' out of the sky
It had a one long horn and one big eye
I commits a shakin' and I said oo-ooee
It looks like a purple people eater to me

It was one-eyed one-horned flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed one-horned flyin' purple people eater)
One-eyed one-horned flyin' purple people eater
Sure looked strange to me (one eye)

Well it came down to earth and it lived in a tree
I said Mr Purple People Eater don't eat me
I heard him say in a voice so gruff
(I wouldn't eat you cause you're so tough)
Sure looked strange to me (one horn)

I said Mr Purple People Eater what's your line
He said eatin' purple people and it sure is fine
But that's not the reason that I came to land
(I wanna get a job in a rock'n roll band)

Well bless my soul a rock'n roll flyin' purple people eater
Pigeon-toed underfloor flyin' purple people eater
(We wear short shorts)
Friendly little purple people eater what a sight to see

And then he swing from the tree and he laid on the ground
Then he started to rock really rockin' around
He was crazy kiddie with a swingin' tune
(Sing a bop bop a boopa rim bam boom)

Well bless my soul a rock'n roll flyin' purple people eater...

Well he went on his way and then what do you know
I saw him last night on a TV show
He was blowin' out a really knockin' 'em dead
Playin' rock'n roll music through the horn in his head

(Tequilla)

Songwriters: Sheb Wooley. For non-commercial use only."

Cast Iron is porous. It would make a great chorus.  That is all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, HoneyEmerald said:

"Purple People Eater (Remastered)

Sheb Wooley

Well I saw the thing a comin' out of the sky
It had a one long horn and one big eye
I commits a shakin' and I said oo-ooee
It looks like a purple people eater to me

Sure looked strange to me (one eye)

Well it came down to earth and it lived in a tree
I said Mr Purple People Eater don't eat me
I heard him say in a voice so gruff
(I wouldn't eat you cause you're so tough)
Sure looked strange to me (one horn)

I said Mr Purple People Eater what's your line
He said eatin' purple people and it sure is fine
But that's not the reason that I came to land
(I wanna get a job in a rock'n roll band)

Well bless my soul a rock'n roll flyin' purple people eater
Pigeon-toed underfloor flyin' purple people eater
(We wear short shorts)
Friendly little purple people eater what a sight to see

And then he swing from the tree and he laid on the ground
Then he started to rock really rockin' around
He was crazy kiddie with a swingin' tune
(Sing a bop bop a boopa rim bam boom)

Well bless my soul a rock'n roll flyin' purple people eater...

Well he went on his way and then what do you know
I saw him last night on a TV show
He was blowin' out a really knockin' 'em dead
Playin' rock'n roll music through the horn in his head

(Tequilla)

Songwriters: Sheb Wooley. For non-commercial use only."

Cast Iron is porous. It would make a great chorus.  That is all. 

It would be perfect right between Here Comes The Shock and that Beach Boys cover.  1972 is going to a rough and shambling good time.   Shambling sounds bad, but that's what they are going for.  Shambling, bad reinterpretation of American Idiot, but meta beyond meta beyond meta beyond meta.    

One eyed, one horned Flying Purple Eater!   Tequila! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Again, I'm hoping Cavallo was simply misquoted about 2024. Maybe he meant they're touring Europe in 2024?

🤦‍♀️

• Like 3

My sources tell me it won't be out before 11:15 am, Eastern Daylight Time.   In two minutes, I hope they are wrong. 😄 

Saw a thumbnail about John Mayer and that he has an album called Born and Raised released in 2012.   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_and_Raised_(John_Mayer_album).     All I can say is if this is the new Green Day record, it sure is lackluster and dry.  And what happened to One Eye Monster?  Gone are the extended sax solos, the 5 minute bass blastbeat section....even Tre Cool's interpolation of All By Myself has been re-written as a milktoast country single section.   And Mike Dirnt's cover of Korn's Daddy will probably never see the light of day now.    All 26 parts of One Eyed Monster's 12 minute runtime have been stripped away into a 4 minute piece of poop.   

• Haha 1

Blink's new album changed the course of green day's new album release. now it's only from 2024

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, redline punk said:

Blink's new album changed the course of green day's new album release. now it's only from 2024

We know the album is probably coming in 2024. But I don't think blink's new album release has anything to do with it. Only reason I can maybe see blink's album release relating to GD's album release is if they're doing a tour together or something

• Like 1

Until I hear something concrete from a primary source...

Green Day will not be a focus at all for me

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic