1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

25 minutes ago, green day is said:

Is there only a snippet or is there a full song? If there's only a snippet then I heard it but is there a snippet and a full song (OEB) or only a snippet?

Sorry for jumping in being lost I can't read the last 100 pages to find out. Like apparently someone knew about it six months ago too.

This is a great question.

To my knowledge only the snippet is confirmed to exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually the thread needs to be closed until actual news come out. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, green day is said:

Is there only a snippet or is there a full song? If there's only a snippet then I heard it but is there a snippet and a full song (OEB) or only a snippet?

Sorry for jumping in being lost I can't read the last 100 pages to find out. Like apparently someone knew about it six months ago too.

The snippet is the only one that has recently leaked publicly but there are a couple of people claiming they have the full song and it leaked ages ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't care about the leak...  want to listen to the entire new album when it comes out.    Chalk it up to more evidence they are actually working on it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, HoneyEmerald said:

Don't care about the leak...  want to listen to the entire new album when it comes out.    Chalk it up to more evidence they are actually working on it. 

THIS!!!! I've been wanting to see more teasers so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

The snippet is the only one that has recently leaked publicly but there are a couple of people claiming they have the full song and it leaked ages ago.

Some of those persons are also saying it was a demo. 

• Like 1

Get real dudes..

The full song doesn't exist cus if it did I'll be blasting it right now

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

From what I heard from the snippet , the song is probably a 6/10

No logic all intuition baby. (A little whiskey too. Eat your heart out little boy named booze. I'll drink you under the table anytime 

• Like 1

I fully believe that the people who claim to have heard the full song i.e. M1KEY, pacejunkie, have heard the full song and that you might be able to find someone who has it and will give it to you if you ask. Pacejunkie has been saying for ages that she heard a full demo and I don't think she's making that up for this long. I originally didn't believe that the leak even existed until I heard the 12 second snippet. I also believe that basically any of the people complaining about pacejunkie having the song would be doing the exact same thing

But don't go around asking everybody if they have the full song and if they'll give it to you. If the band wanted all of us to hear it like 6+ months in advance of it releasing, they would just release it

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

From what I heard from the snippet , the song is probably a 6/10

No logic all intuition baby. (A little whiskey too. Eat your heart out little boy named booze. I'll drink you under the table anytime 

Yeah idk. It's probably not entirely fair to judge the song based on these 12 seconds. And it's not even the final studio version of the track apparently. We don't even know if the song will even end up on the album

• Like 3

Anyway....you guys know I like to stay on topic, so let's talk Album 14.....and/or 15.  😉

Not my own made up titles but ones being speculated:

Savior

Born and Raised

One Eye Monster (this monster has me going to all sorts of unsavory places on the internet. Gd.fm thinks WE'RE nuts....whew.  There's some real psychos out there spewing negativity and yet wanting to sell the snippet.  Vile!)

But on topic, I think at least one of these one of these will be on GD14.     Also, I have  another album title:  Slime Babies 1972.  It's American Idiot but if Green Day were Ghostbusters.   I can see them on the cover in uniform.  Everybody wears one, right Billie?

The album will be a concept album about recording American Idiot while also being Ghostbusters, and the hardships the band face while doing so.   Kind of like inception instead of Fight Club.   

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Actually the thread needs to be closed until actual news come out. 

Yeah. I think the @mods should consult with their contacts (including Jason or Matt) and if, as indeed all evidence is pointing towards, a release is set for next year, whether it's early next year or later next year, then realistically, this thread will not be required until in at least 4-6 months time, at the earliest.

I feel like for most of this year, it's done us more harm than good. Of course with the teasers drying up, that was bound to happen and that was something outside GDC's control. But either way, I think it's clear the band has adapted their schedule in some way and once they'r ready to drop hints again, that's when this thread would merit to be opened once again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Or we could just not be dicks to each other.

GDC members: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Dude, people are really getting bored of these posts

THANK YOU

19 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Why are you being a jerk? You need to accept the fact that there are things that you're just not going to know about. If the band wants things to be known, they will tell us.

And thank YOU!

18 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I don’t care that someone got something I did. It’s the smug attitude and self-importance. Maybe I’d feel the same if I had the leak, idk. I just think some people have inflated egos. You and Jason have legit connections and are always so humble and transparent. Generally good people and down to earth when you realistically could brag more than anyone on here. Others here get a leak on accident and suddenly act like they’re in an elite club. Almost everyone with the leak has been kind and transparent. Only two on here I can think of that are acting like they were given knighthood. But I know that bragging means someone is insecure and usually has nothing good going on, so I’m happy those people finally have something.

Holy eff you're sad, dude. The bs just doesn't stop.

18 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just stating a fact

He doesn't seem to understand the difference between facts and his butthurt feelings.

17 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I remember trying to download a song from Warning that year and then hours later I clicked play and it was Second Street by Pinhead Gunpowder 😂

Me too! It was labeled as Fashion Victim!

17 hours ago, JckThndrclff said:

Doesn't the clip sound just like a FOAM song? Like how Sugar Youth took a bit from She's A Rebel, this does it with Holiday. And with the "American Idiot Pt II" potential naming of FOAM it fits. Why all the fuss here, it's prob just an old unused song/demo leak, leave it at that, let's wait till Green Day officially announces something about new material?

The song is very similar in style to Say Goodbye, only heavier guitars and more aggressive vocals and lyrics. It doesn't sound anything like any songs from FOAM.

16 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

It’s basically like overhearing a secret from someone you don’t even know and then telling everyone you have a secret about them but can’t say the details. Crazy the leakers are trying to justify their flex attention grab. Soon they’ll be photoshopping themselves with hover hand around Billie.

Holy shit you're exhausting. Seriously get tf over yourself already. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Or we could just not be dicks to each other.

We must earn the respect of the .fm users.  And there's no better show of respect than....tracklists!  Possible, speculative and wonderful tracklists:

Ooze: With the top 40 hits, "Ooze", "Drunk Hockey World" and the #1 hits "Holiday Bastards"and "Time Warp Again". 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, That Dude said:

We must earn the respect of the .fm users.  And there's no better show of respect than....tracklists!  Possible, speculative and wonderful tracklists:

Ooze: With the top 40 hits, "Ooze", "Drunk Hockey World" and the #1 hits "Holiday Bastards"and "Time Warp Again". 

Drunk Hockey World?!

Smells like Panicland...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Drunk Hockey World?!

Smells like Panicland...

Smells Like Panicland is an amazing song title.  That will win over the .fmers for sure.  

And if Green Day could successfully make an album that is both Nevermind levels of culture change and Idiot levels of dirty emotion......dang.

American Mind:  A Shattered Opera 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yeah. I think the @mods should consult with their contacts (including Jason or Matt) and if, as indeed all evidence is pointing towards, a release is set for next year, whether it's early next year or later next year, then realistically, this thread will not be required until in at least 4-6 months time, at the earliest.

I feel like for most of this year, it's done us more harm than good. Of course with the teasers drying up, that was bound to happen and that was something outside GDC's control. But either way, I think it's clear the band has adapted their schedule in some way and once they'r ready to drop hints again, that's when this thread would merit to be opened once again. 

I'm sorry what is the reason this thread has to be shut down? There's basically been no substantial info given to us for almost the entire existence of this thread apart from a few teasers. Now there is a leaked song that is more than likely going to be on the album and suddenly, there's no reason for this thread to be open? Ik posting leaks isn't allowed but discussion about leaked music has always been allowed whenever a song or album leaks. What reason is there for the thread needing to be closed other than "some people want it to be closed". The discussion is going to happen anyway. People will just make new threads or post in existing threads about it. Or they'll take the discussion over to the subreddit or greenday.fm forum

• Like 3

Who tf cares if someone heard the full song ???? Cus eventually we'll be hearing the full song when the whole thing is out.

One the plus side , it'll be fresh ... But for the ones who've heard it , they won't be excited as much as we are.

• Like 2

I believe the blue album cover has been replaced with tie die.

I am an outsider.

• Haha 2

Anyone have the lyrics to Flying Purple Eater or whatever?

1. Trailer trash in the Catskills. (In the Catskills)

2. Mozambique Is Pretty.

These are unlikely to be anything.

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic