1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

25 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Its weird, i remember downloading the “first” play of “Minority” on napster in the year 2000 , the sheer excitement of it.

it had a radio audio watermark inserted if i recall correctly 

I remember trying to download a song from Warning that year and then hours later I clicked play and it was Second Street by Pinhead Gunpowder 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JckThndrclff said:

Doesn't the clip sound just like a FOAM song? Like how Sugar Youth took a bit from She's A Rebel, this does it with Holiday. And with the "American Idiot Pt II" potential naming of FOAM it fits. Why all the fuss here, it's prob just an old unused song/demo leak, leave it at that, let's wait till Green Day officially announces something about new material?

It’s not a foam sessions track at least, significantly different production 

• Like 4

Just now, Ryan said:

Purely speculative here, but my assumption is that the band/management wouldn't be trying so hard to keep it out of our ears if it were old and unused. 

Fair take but a few months ago, old, unused My Chemical Romance content in the form of brief clips with audio watermarks - just like this - leaked, and Warner were alllll over it. So it's not unreasonable for the same to apply here

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I miss the days of @GDFan2019 undying optimism and messages of "maybe this week we'll get something!" What has this thread become?

A few pages back today, regarding 2024, I was hoping maybe Rob Cavallo was simply misquoted

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I miss the days of @GDFan2019 undying optimism and messages of "maybe this week we'll get something!" What has this thread become?

believe it or not, I've seen (and also created, back in the day) wilder threads on fan forums.

34 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

I would wonder how that would go. We were talking to him and Adrianne for like an hour that evening about all sorts of things. Astrology, Weird Al, apps he likes, beer, Corpus Christi TX, etc. It was casual and he brought up the album stuff. I didn’t just go up and ask.

Wow!!! I can't imagine how nervous and starstruck you must have been feeling!!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

I would wonder how that would go. We were talking to him and Adrianne for like an hour that evening about all sorts of things. Astrology, Weird Al, apps he likes, beer, Corpus Christi TX, etc. It was casual and he brought up the album stuff. I didn’t just go up and ask.

Sorry if I missed it, but what album stuff? What did he say?

Just now, Mato said:

Sorry if I missed it, but what album stuff? What did he say?

This was back in the lead up to FOAM

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This was back in the lead up to FOAM

Oh right, thanks.

It’s basically like overhearing a secret from someone you don’t even know and then telling everyone you have a secret about them but can’t say the details. Crazy the leakers are trying to justify their flex attention grab. Soon they’ll be photoshopping themselves with hover hand around Billie.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It’s basically like overhearing a secret from someone you don’t even know and then telling everyone you have a secret about them but can’t say the details. Crazy the leakers are trying to justify their flex attention grab. Soon they’ll be photoshopping themselves with hover hand around Billie.

How is confirming that something exists a flex? If you have knowledge of something and can confirm its existence, why wouldn't you do that when there are questions about its validity?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

How is confirming that something exists a flex? If you have knowledge of something and can confirm its existence, why wouldn't you do that when there are questions about its validity?

Because it creates a needless buzz. You can’t share the song, so it’s pointless, but everyone now knows it’s out there, and it only takes one week link to undo two years of keeping silent 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

You guys are really just complaining for no reason

People here are constantly asking for information and waiting for news. At some point, I imagine it can be hard not to say anything if you've heard the entirety of a song, a song that's likely to be released as an album track and/or a single at some point. Idk why it doesn't matter if Matt, or Jason say something about the new album but as soon as someone who doesn't usually have insider knowledge says something like "I heard the song and I like it", suddenly they're bragging and leaking information that the band doesn't want out there

I’m not complaining, I honestly don’t care now I know it’s not a new song, just don’t understand why the sudden announcement when it happened so long ago. Seems utterly pointless and Irrelevant - maybe would have been different if we’d gotten told about it at the time but seems silly now 

• Like 2

Is there only a snippet or is there a full song? If there's only a snippet then I heard it but is there a snippet and a full song (OEB) or only a snippet?

Sorry for jumping in being lost I can't read the last 100 pages to find out. Like apparently someone knew about it six months ago too.

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic