1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Just sayin, OEB snippet was leaked like 2 years ago. We really started to talk about it this week. And suddenly a new song pop out? I'm not saying it's gonna be OEB on the radio and I'm not saying this reddit post is legit either. But it doesn't make sense. It can be a very BIG coincidence.

What did the post actually say? It was deleted before I could read what it said? Something about a song being played on the radio or something?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What did the post actually say? It was deleted before I could read what it said? Something about a song being played on the radio or something?

Yeah, but is BS... zero evidence

Was there an actual leak or not? Like in even in the discord or on here. 

55 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I'm sure there is nothing to this (absolutely zero evidence) but figured I'd link to it anyway. Reckless speculation 😬

Everywhere I look it says it's been removed but am not a reddit user so could be totally missing the obivous!

You people never heard of guerilla marketing? They probably leaked it themselves

1 minute ago, frankoz said:

You people never heard of guerilla marketing? They probably leaked it themselves

For what purpose , to market what exactly ?

To build hype ?

Surely a 400 page thread is enough hype for one fanbase ?

1 minute ago, cav9mm said:

For what purpose , to market what exactly ?

To build hype ?

Surely a 400 page thread is enough hype for one fanbase ?

Yep, create buzz and/or go viral

27 minutes ago, frankoz said:

No they didn’t 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, frankoz said:

I don’t think this is the case. I believe we are several months for anything.

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No they didn’t 

You know the band personally?

• Like 2

And the user didn‘t mention the radio station? Yeah sounds legit 😂

They could release a new song before they start playing festivals this summer like blink-182 released the 1st single a year before album release. But wouldn‘t make sense here, they put it out to start the hype for Tom and upcoming tour.
If the new album is really coming out next year we shouldn‘t expect something before spring 

12 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

She's not wrong.

Not saying they are wrong just want to know if they know the band personally.

I’d like to know what Billie would say if a fan ran into him and asked him about the status of the album, just like when Billie told @TJChrobo about the September-February release window for which turned out to be FOAM. As for 2024, I’m hoping Rob Cavallo was simply misquoted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’d like to know what Billie would say if a fan ran into him and asked him about the status of the album, just like when Billie told @TJChrobo about the September-February release window for which turned out to be FOAM. As for 2024, I’m hoping Rob Cavallo was simply misquoted.

I wish somebody at the London pub had asked him!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

@pacejunkie punk is close to Billie. Best friends based on how she talks about him. Thoughts pacejunkie? I’m sure you can read him better than anyone else.

• Haha 2

Here's Jason's take on that Reddit post.

"I really can’t see the band just randomly surprise dropping a new song to radio 7+ months before an album release.

Edit: while I don’t believe there’s any truth to this the only reason I could see it happening is to get ahead of the OEB leak"

https://forum.greenday.fm/t/album-14-news-rumours-speculation/28/1016

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic