1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The producer literally says 2024

Did we ever get confirmation that "next year" meant 2024 and not 2023?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

When was that interview even conducted?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yeah pretty sure we went over that. Jason from the other forum confirmed it with his sources.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Yeah pretty sure we went over that. Jason from the other forum confirmed it with his sources.

What other Green Day forum exists if I’m allowed to ask here (chaos reins in this thread). I am nostalgic for the greenday message boards til they got rid of it (I still love in the Rev Rad Era on its last legs I got some prize pack of a like poker chip, American Idiot tour shirt, and a paper book mark) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killjoywhatsername said:

What other Green Day forum exists if I’m allowed to ask here (chaos reins in this thread). I am nostalgic for the greenday message boards til they got rid of it (I still love in the Rev Rad Era on its last legs I got some prize pack of a like poker chip, American Idiot tour shirt, and a paper book mark) 

https://forum.greenday.fm/t/album-14-news-rumours-speculation/28/716

• Like 2

Ya'll really need to stop taking these tidbits of information as gospel. It is likely that whoever is sharing these bits and pieces is only tangentially in the know and not in the inner circle, which is why most of the time the information is either wrong or vague.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Ya'll really need to stop taking these tidbits of information as gospel. It is likely that whoever is sharing these bits and pieces is only tangentially in the know and not in the inner circle, which is why most of the time the information is either wrong or vague.

Idk it worked out a lot a last time 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, billy1986 said:

Westbound Sign also should have been a single and should be played on the new tour

Yes yes yes yes yes yes YES. I don't think I've ever agreed with a sentence more. Literally one of their best songs. If they play it any time soon I may actually physically become deceased, but that's a risk I'm willing to take :woot:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcj said:

Sorry for the delay. This is one message I wish I didn't have to post.

But I did promise to let you know. Had to ring back again, had no reply to my email.

The company has confirmed what we already know from Jason. He is always reliable and accurate with his information anyway.

The advertisement for their equipment, included a recent interview with Rob Cavallo this year. Therefore, the statement by him that the album will be released next year, refers to 2024, as Jason said.

Really sorry to be the bearer confirming disappointing news.

Anyways, at least we have something to hold on to. Maybe we will get a single from the new album as a Christmas present this year.

Still doesn’t make any sense having an fully finished album in your shelf.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

OpenFearlessAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

I wish I had the willpower to refuse to buy this new album to send a message, but I know I wouldn’t be able to resist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

i hate them so much for teasing this album since 2021.. thats Tom Delonge Style

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I wish I had the willpower to refuse to buy this new album to send a message, but I know I wouldn’t be able to resist.

Which message? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

- The band ended a world tour 6 months ago, it’s understandable they want to take their time to recover and get ready for another promotion carnival + tour

Exactly, it's ok, they need to spend some time with family and friends, before going on a road trip made of tv appearance, interviews, tour, etc

• Like 2

We don't know much. Like is the artwork done? Track list sequenced?  Are they still tinkering with songs or even writing new ones?   Have they taken precautions to keep the Network out of the studio?   if they have kept The Network out of the studio and the album is delayed, that could lead to more speculation that they are the same people, 😄.     Imagine locking yourself out! 

32 minutes ago, Minority103 said:

Exactly, it's ok, they need to spend some time with family and friends, before going on a road trip made of tv appearance, interviews, tour, etc

yea its okay but why teasing it for sooo long

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

It can make sense for at least two reasons: 

- The band ended a world tour 6 months ago, it’s understandable they want to take their time to recover and get ready for another promotion carnival + tour

- Marketing strategy, have the best release window 

Out of the two, if I had to bet I would put my money on the first one. They are 50+, they never seemed to really enjoy the promotion part of a release cycle, they always had a downtime period after touring. 
Covid fucked things up and is putting us in the perspective of “oh we had the last record such a long time ago”. But a whole lot of stuff happened since the FOAM release. Including a long tour that ended not one or two years ago, but 6 months ago. 

I agree with this to an extent but there was a bare marketing strategy with FOAM (and the marketing done was…bad) and many bands of the same caliber have or are doing new albums. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killjoywhatsername said:

I agree with this to an extent but there was a bare marketing strategy with FOAM (and the marketing done was…bad) and many bands of the same caliber have or are doing new albums. 

Of course, Foam was released a month before the first US lockdown.

• Like 1

Page 409 in your coffee maker.  A very distasteful cup of coffee, I am glad Oakland Coffee don't have a 409 Coffee.   Anyway.  I am an insider because a random person on YouTube told me they were listening to the new Green Day album and that they liked it. 

Gittyup 409.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Vigarettes and Calentines is a cool title.    Oh wait....Amongst The Ruins is actually cool.

Amongst the Saviors?  

Remember at midnight tonight, something could happen.

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

We don't know much. Like is the artwork done? Track list sequenced?  Are they still tinkering with songs or even writing new ones?   Have they taken precautions to keep the Network out of the studio?   if they have kept The Network out of the studio and the album is delayed, that could lead to more speculation that they are the same people, 😄.     Imagine locking yourself out! 

A red jacket of Fink is found in the studio. Nobodys sure whose jacket it is but...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic