1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Leak said the album will be named Savior (and a song) and another song named American Dream.

• Love 1
  • Surprised 4

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Leak said the album will be named Savior (and a song) and another song named American Dream.

Wait where did you read/see this? Where did he say it?

Wasn't it just a few days ago when we were all screaming bloody murder for some news? Like a thunderstorm in the middle of a drought.

Wild speculation time but Saviors do seem to be a recurring theme that Billie Joe comes back to from time to time. American Idiot was a broadside against GWB's America and the people who saw him as a kind of savior (if you don't believe me watch Jesus Camp). Christian and Gloria wanted to be each other's savior in 21st Century Breakdown. I think a lot of people in the good ol US of A are looking for a savior right now be it Elon, Bernie, or Trump because of how fucked everything is. And I think people with a bit of a savior complex like Steve Jobs or even Obama have rubbed Billie Joe the wrong way. 

But aren't Green Day themselves saviors in a way? Going on stage and spreading their own gospel. Seems like strong subject matter to write about if nothing else.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Wait what??

So the lastest news is we know the single name. Even though the album is due to 2024, I'll take anything I can get at this point. 

I really hope the guys in the know arnt bring misled here. I was pretty much prepared to call it quits until late this year.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, StaryedHeart said:

Wait where did you read/see this? Where did he say it?

10 minutes ago, Alf said:

Wait what??

What the hell it was on Reddit like half an hour ago and I can't find the post now.

The OP was 100% sure about Saviors being a song title + the album name. And heard rumors about American Dream being another song.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

So the lastest news is we MIGHT get a single soon. Even though the album is due to 2024, I'll take anything I can get at this point.

Where’d you get the info about the single?

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What the hell it was on Reddit like half an hour ago and I can't find the post now.

The OP was 100% sure about Saviors being a song title + the album name. And heard rumors about American Dream being another song.

Savior? American dream? Stop this sh**t? Come on my fake track list was better that those names 🤪

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Wasn't it just a few days ago when we were all screaming bloody murder for some news? Like a thunderstorm in the middle of a drought.

Wild speculation time but Saviors do seem to be a recurring theme that Billie Joe comes back to from time to time. American Idiot was a broadside against GWB's America and the people who saw him as a kind of savior (if you don't believe me watch Jesus Camp). Christian and Gloria wanted to be each other's savior in 21st Century Breakdown. I think a lot of people in the good ol US of A are looking for a savior right now be it Elon, Bernie, or Trump because of how fucked everything is. And I think people with a bit of a savior complex like Steve Jobs or even Obama have rubbed Billie Joe the wrong way. 

But aren't Green Day themselves saviors in a way? Going on stage and spreading their own gospel. Seems like strong subject matter to write about if nothing else.

He certainly has a Christianity fetish and draws on religious themes a lot. Even the whole God’s Favorite Band thing with the Church themed merch. 

• Like 4

Here's an idea to for all my precious leakers out there:

go on the /mu/ section of 4chan (ew I know I know.) Post whatever the fuck you need to get out. Spill the beans. Then I'll post it back here. Full anonymity 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Maybe it’s not linked other than something being called “savior” and this is a roundabout way of teasing that. Like if the song was “monkey” and they showed a scene from Planet of the Apes or something.

Please be Planet of the Apes related!    Imagine Billie Joe coming up on the Statue of Liberty.   "This is joke.  You  gotta be kidding me, this is joke.   This is joke! I'm not on Earth you damned dirty apes!"   

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Jason from the other Green Day forum said this info isn’t accurate and there is no album title picked yet. Logically, that means we’re still very far away because likely artwork and marketing haven’t started yet. Seems we got our hopes up.

OH COME ON 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Jason from the other Green Day forum said this info isn’t accurate and there is no album title picked yet. Logically, that means we’re still very far away because likely artwork and marketing haven’t started yet. Seems we got our hopes up.

I find it a little hard to believe that they wouldn't have named it by now

• Like 1

No album name means merch and marketing hasn’t even started. No album art either. So we’re at least a year away.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

FIGHT!

The album is called the Fight Savior?  Is that what you're saying?   So we've got some possible songs titles.  1972, Savior and FIGHT!   

Ugh.  I got a feeling this album isn't coming out today.    

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic