1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I mean, with Pollyanna's single cover and the hotdog towels/blankets they were handing out in the early leg of Hella Mega, I could see them going with Hotdog... or Ketchup.... or Mustard.

EDIT: and we made it to page 400! I'm so glad that my dumb joke is the first post on the page we've all waited for!!! NOW FOR PAGE 500!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

I could see them going with Hotdog... or Ketchup.... or Mustard.

That would be the one album where the foamf ketchup font would be acceptable :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

I mean, with Pollyanna's single cover and the hotdog towels/blankets they were handing out in the early leg of Hella Mega, I could see them going with Hotdog... or Ketchup.... or Mustard.

"Condiments" coming April 26th 2024
Tre will call it Condoments- which is actually its real, deeper title. It's short for Condom Entertainment, and the album is a commentary on how record labels and higher ups want to shield people from the pure pop-punk Green Day want to make again, essentially putting on condom on entertainment. It's why the album has taken so long; they're trying to find a way to make the biggest "F You" to the industry as a whole, and let you have unprotected entertainment like you deserve. 

Strangely, Condiments will revive a Grammy category just so it can win it- Best Jazz Solo, for Tre's 4 minute kazoo led jazz riffs on the track "Combine" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

Tre will call it Condoments- which is actually its real, deeper title. It's short for Condom Entertainment, and the album is a commentary on how record labels and higher ups want to shield people from the pure pop-punk Green Day want to make again, essentially putting on condom on entertainment. It's why the album has taken so long; they're trying to find a way to make the biggest "F You" to the industry as a whole, and let you have unprotected entertainment like you deserve. 

Strangely, Condiments will revive a Grammy category just so it can win it- Best Jazz Solo, for Tre's 4 minute kazoo led jazz riffs on the track "Combine" 

I don't remember posting this, but that's definitely my style.  Yes! A death to condoms contraception album is exactly what we need right now!

Imagine if Green Day caused a baby boom and it was called "F-Time Vol. 2" by fans.   One song will be called OH Yeah, Bang Bang.    

We will speculate it has elements pulled from the dirty polka album.   

The artwork will be a black background with colorful artwork showing showing all the ways to use condoms for anything but sex.   And then....at the very back of the book....an uncensored phallus.   I really think it could be a great move for Green Day.  

11 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

Never forget

54c3bc9a50c924b68f1e4763b8fdb27a.png

yeah, but AC/DC used this font before on Powerage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

9 minutes? I bet Green Day hate that!  

I've been hungry since 1988 and you're gonna give me 9 freaking minutes? You gotta be starving me!  Starving me!  

Oscar Meyer love you all. We'll be back.

THIS IS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!! Thanks @That Dude LOL!!!!!!!!

Oscar Meyer love you all. We'll be back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Sum 41 are breaking up, but not before they finish this tour, put out one more record and then tour on that for another year. Why bother saying anything now?

To sell more records and tickets 

• Like 2

It is kind of a weird time in the pop punk world when it comes to album delays.

didn’t we expect 1972 in 2022 to celebrate all the band members’ 50th birthdays? Blink released a single in October with an album release expected in spring/early summer and now its expected by fall.

sum 41 announced their double album in march of last year, radio silence until yesterday, deryck started unloading his gear on reverb in march, and then just announced while the album and tour are still coming, the band is kaput after that.

something in the water man…

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alf said:

who's gonna be our saviors?

16 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

👀

You not so sneaky b... Spill it! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Alf said:

You know what sometimes is a saviour of a dish? The condiments. My theory was right! 🥳

6 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DanagedGoods said:

You know what sometimes is a saviour of a dish? The condiments. My theory was right! 🥳

The next album is only going to be edible with ketchup, unlike Nimrod, which tastes just fine on its own or in a smoothie

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Alf said:

Tell me more, tell me more!

Wait, let me guess: is it God’s Favorite Band?

• Like 1

If the fan communities are starting to get hints maybe a single will actually come out before festival season and what @Little Boy Named Booze heard was not that off. 

But man, if everything we heard is true and we get a single now and the record in 7+ months that will be hella of a wait. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alf said:

What’s the deal with this? I’m confused.

21 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

If the fan communities are starting to get hints maybe a single will actually come out before festival season and what @Little Boy Named Booze heard was not that off. 

But man, if everything we heard is true and we get a single now and the record in 7+ months that will be hella of a wait. 

What hints?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What’s the deal with this? I’m confused.

Spoiler

Redacted by my source’s request. I know nothing.

• Like 1

Dang wish I was an insider.

Wonder if a timeline was also spilled?

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

31 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

15 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yeah, I feel the same. I'd rather have the short time period between single and album so that anticipation and excitement can stay high.

Yeah I think @Sanity Loan was also the one that told us about the Jesse Malin single featuring Billie. And yeah, I don’t think we’d have to wait months for the album after the single. I think that was just done for the Hella Mega Tour announcement. But if we have to wait a couple months, what if the album is like 16-18 tracks, and we get maybe 3 pre-release singles, and then 2 more singles after release? And seeing how proud they must be for this one, imagine it ends up being a double album!!!

• Like 1

If Saviors is indeed part of the single title I can’t stop myself from having JoS/St. Jimmy chills. Better calm down. 

• Like 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic