1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yay, another nine months of odd ramblings, drug-inspired fake tracklists, and talking in circles about the same stuff.

Oh goody! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yay, another nine months of odd ramblings, drug-inspired fake tracklists, and talking in circles about the same stuff.

Yay...wait a second. I have no drugs.ย  Who's holding the drugs?ย  Who's holding the drugs?ย  I don't wanna freak you out, but I kinda do-o-o-o.

(This whole post is a song title, blam!)

๐Ÿ˜„ย 

Hopefully if the album comes out in Febuary, we get some real details before then.ย  I mean, I can speculate even after the fact too if GDC wants me too, ;)

Lead single in September.

Really goofy promo single in October.

Another single in January.

Then a bop of a promo single the day the album drops and the Hopefully the world doesn't have any repeats of what happens next.

The ultimate test.ย ย 

Not too bad.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Looks like you're gonna have to track down some insider information for us then...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Donโ€™t forget the imminent โ€œwhat if this is their last album and the band is retiring!?โ€ Rumor that people seem to fall into every few months it seems like.ย 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The thing is the band has explicitly only told us one thing. That the album will "probably be coming out in 2023". And that was in May 2022. It's very likely that they meant towards the end of 2023 at that point. But we all interpreted that as most likely meaningearly 2023. The band could've been more clear but all this craziness happening here is kind of our own fault. The band never really mislead us. We just interpreted the one statement we got from them in the wrong way and then got overly excited way too soon. Considering that was a year ago at this point, it's not that surprising that the release of the album has been delayed to most likely being in early 2024, as that can happen with albums and stuff

I don't think the album has been delayed a bunch of times. I think the band pretty much always thought it was probably going to be released towards the end of 2023 and it's just had a small delay to the beginning of 2024

Since we know now that the album probably isn't going to be released until 2024 (late 2023 at the earliest), can we please maybe try and stay calm and not go crazy over every little thing (like emojis) until at least like September? When we might actually start getting an announcement, singles etc. There will be other bands releasing music and stuff in the meanwhile

And also the fact they started teasing in December 2021, which implied a 2022 release!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The thing is the band has explicitly only told us one thing. That the album will "probably be coming out in 2023".

I don't fully agree with that. they've started teasing us almost 2 years ago... to think that posting those teasers wouldn't create expectations that a release was imminent is just naive, I think?

Communication is also implicit. It's not just explicit words that matter

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Donโ€™t forget the โ€œany day nowโ€ guessesย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

โ˜๏ธ This. By the time the quote from Billie appeared saying the release would probably be out in 2023, it was only halfway through 2022 they had already been teasing it for six months. So the belief prior to that was that a release was imminent in 2022. So it was certainly reasonable for us to assume a statement regarding a 2023 release meant early that year, not the end of it (or even 2024).

Seriously why tease a recording with a fully edited video and what appears to be a title (โ€œRAK Studios - London- 1972โ€) in 2021 for 2024? Iโ€™m sorry but thatโ€™s on them.ย 

It could also be a case of not being able to contain their excitement, which caused them to jump the gun a little too soon.ย 

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I think it's safe to assumeย somethingย changed pretty drastically during their process. That's totally OK. However, for the band to go completely dark after pretty consistently teasing is, in my opinion, not OK. They can account for delays by keeping up the teasing with a clear message that things are still on-going.

Sure, they don't owe us crap and don't have to do anything, which has always been their stance. This is all on-par with their marketing ever since I've followed them so I'm not sure why I'm expecting anything different.

I still think they started with a small EP, creative juices kept flowing, and they decided to do a full album. And maybe even that was not enough as their ideas at this point were really โ€œfiring on all cylindersโ€ and decided to make a double album!!!ย 

i learned to be patient with teasing stuff thanks to rockstar games and their gta game

in february 2022 they literally wrote one sentence about gta6 being in development ... radio-silence since then :D and its already been 10 years since the last gta game

i am ok with a new GD lp in 2024 as long as its good (pls no foam again) and as long as they tour again and you are actually able to get tickets (not like blink182 โ˜น๏ธ )

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

The question isย whyย theyโ€™re so bad at marketing.ย 

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

ย Maybe Green Day just doesnโ€™t care.

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I truly don't think they care about consistent engagement. Only when they have something meaningful to share will they engage. They are at the point in their career where they don't need to constantly be connected to fans and be at the forefront of peoples' minds. And they don't need to do it for the money at this point.

Sorry youโ€™re in the dark on all this. Seems Booze and Jason have cornered the Green Day Insider market. I know you were wrong last year, but you always shared appropriately with us. Booze and Jason operate in a state of vagueness and defensiveness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

These guys have a long history of doing their own thing, how they want it done and I could quite believe they got over excited and blabbed before they were really ready. ย Iโ€™ve always thought doing their marketing/PR would be a nightmare as they go their own way and I like it. ย 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 12:04 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

What a mess. Is it possible that Green Day were supposed to do this and canceled before it was announced? With that rumor of Billie having vocal care done maybe they had to drop out and that other site had outdated info. ย 

Has this rumor about Billie Joe's voice been clarified one way or another? Only if true, could this be a contributing factor for album delay?

The fact this is a personal issue, it's not something you would want to make generally known. And that's why there's been no written official notification. Only Billie Joe's statement that we will see the band next year, at end of Inning's Festival.

ย 

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic