1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Mike: "We originally planned a 6 song EP but then we felt it just wasn't maximum Green Day firing on all cylinders." 

Seriously this will probably be it 🙄

• Like 4

I’m just overall bummed and disappointed by the recent rumors. I really was hopeful we would get an announcement soon

• Like 3

By the time this comes out there's a chance we'll be at almost 3 years since the first teasers. The hype and expectations that this wait and roller coaster ride of a build up (if you could even call it that) really runs the risk of letting fans down if the album isn't good. Hopefully, whatever they come out with is worth the wait. There hasn't been a single album that I've disliked, but I'd really rather not have another FOAM.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JAS0N said:

I’m normally just a lurker here but I just wanted to clear some things up: 

1. I’m not Jason Tate, I’m Jason Holmes but I did run greenday.net long ago.

2. I didn’t say my source confirmed that the album isn’t done, I said it kinda sounded that way and it also came across that way in the Cavallo interview

3. I only confirmed what Cavallo already revealed about the 2024 release date, it wasn’t some “insider” breaking news.

4. I really hate being called an “insider”

5. I would never put information out as fact that I didn’t believe was rock solid. If I had any doubt, I’d make sure to note that. If this info ends up being wrong it’s because they changed plans but I’m 100% confident it’s the current plan. 

God damn it they really been considering this album haven't they

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

🤷‍♂️ I'm speechless honestly

No worries. Everything will be alright in the end. I still keep my hopes up for a late 2023 release. Even if the album will be out early next year, I'm sure it will be a busy period in the 2nd half of this year;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JAS0N said:

I’m normally just a lurker here but I just wanted to clear some things up: 

1. I’m not Jason Tate, I’m Jason Holmes but I did run greenday.net long ago.

2. I didn’t say my source confirmed that the album isn’t done, I said it kinda sounded that way and it also came across that way in the Cavallo interview

3. I only confirmed what Cavallo already revealed about the 2024 release date, it wasn’t some “insider” breaking news.

4. I really hate being called an “insider”

5. I would never put information out as fact that I didn’t believe was rock solid. If I had any doubt, I’d make sure to note that. If this info ends up being wrong it’s because they changed plans but I’m 100% confident it’s the current plan. 

The only """insider""" I trust

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

2024 is literally only 7 months away and is also 20 year anniversary of American idiot 

And it's also election year in the US. Could be one more reason to push it to 2024 if this is really (and I sure hope so!) a big, ambitious, maybe political project and comeback 20 years after AI.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Mike: "We originally planned a 6 song EP but then we felt it just wasn't maximum Green Day firing on all cylinders." 

I might make a supercut of Mike Dirnt saying Firing on All Cylinders.  Has he really said it over and over, or is this a Mandella Effect?

Haha I'm an idiot. Jason Tate is AbsolutePunk/Chorus.fm....sorry everybody!

• Like 1

January to April is considered early.

September through December is late.  

Album 14 coming between September 1 and the end of April.

• Like 1

Well to hold us over till 2024, we should probably start debating when exactly is "early" 2024...

Im kidding please don't.... 😁

• Like 3

Kinda makes sense to release 2024 but announce it end of 2023 perhaps? 20th anniversary of American idiot and 30th anniversary of Dookie.

• Like 2

I'm gonna guess the timeline might be similar to FOAM's? Single in September or so, album in February or March of next year? Father of All was released like 5-6 months before the album did.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jon18 said:

Hello,

I'm a lurker here for a longtime, since 2006. I'm not post that much for many reasons but i found this unnoticed article, searching instagram profile for Brian Judd, Chris Lord Alge's assistant.

https://www.musicconnection.com/qa-with-chris-lord-alge/

"The new Green Day record [expected in late 2023], (the band and I have really upped our game)."

"As far as mixing, I’ve got the new Green Day record [expected out end of 2023] that we’re almost done with. It’ll probably come out toward the end of the year."

This article seems corroborate recent informations provided by Jason from greenday.fm

Well at least we know the plan has been to release the record at the earliest in late 2023 since at least January, most probably even earlier. No delays or change of plans due to weird reasons or dramas. Everything else must have been either misunderstandings or false information. 

9 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

I'm gonna guess the timeline might be similar to FOAM's? Single in September or so, album in February or March of next year? Father of All was released like 5-6 months before the album did.

I think, and many people here think the same, that the single was released early to coincide with the Hella Mega Tour announcement, as Weezer and Fall Out Boy released their singles on the same day as well

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic