1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Feels like this album has been done for a while. Rock bands have been keeping the window between official album announcements and release dates pretty short this year, and I imagine it'll be similar for GD. With the fall tour rumors, it feels like they'll announce the album sometime in summer and release it in the fall around a headlining tour that will continue into 2024.

• Like 3

Guys, don't forget, tomorrow is Mike's birthday, so maybe they'll use that to drop another hint!! Fingers crossed!!!

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I hope that when the album comes out we get interviews with insights about the production process. Very strange timeline since 2021. Maybe the original 1972 project was indeed cancelled and everything was rerecorded.

• Like 1

Really, really hoping that this article means 2023 and not 2024!

This is the sign that they definitely reads what's being said in this forum. A shitload of complaints within two days, and a hint drops.
Can we complain as much as possible so that we get another hint?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Whoa it says 1972. This is our first "1972" hint (sorta?) In months. 

Not necessarily, could mean nothing.

5 hours ago, Flashback said:

I hope that when the album comes out we get interviews with insights about the production process. Very strange timeline since 2021. Maybe the original 1972 project was indeed cancelled and everything was rerecorded.

My thinking too!! Since they were in London without Mike apparently, so maybe they wanted to come to LA to rerecord everything with everyone in the same room

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Whoa it says 1972. This is our first "1972" hint (sorta?) In months. 

I’m just trying to figure out what this is, like maybe the back of a piano?

• Like 1

Yeah probably 1972-? means that Billie doesn't know the date of his death but does this thing also mean that Billie was in the studio with Chris and this assistant, something like yesterday?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Billie Joe was here 1972- would be a great name for an album

Would it?

There's that one pic from the RevRad era (can't find it now)  of Billie signing a wall and he includes 1972 in the signature, so yeah, not really a clue.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, pcj said:

Spoke to the company again today as they did not reply yesterday. They verbally stated that they think the advertisement used archived material. I said that was not good enough. I was advised to formally write to a Ross Gilbert in Marketing, which I have done via email today asking for urgent clarification, as their statement could be considered misinformation.

At the very least their notice should be considered unreliable.

The fact they are using Rob Cavallo's name and quoting him, wouldn't they have to ask his permission? I dunno. 

I reckon, as others have said, the statement "next year" is referring to 2023 as it was made in 2022.

Anyways, as soon as I get a reply, I will post it on here. Hope that helps. 

Misinformation? Dude it's not an interview it's an ad for the mixing console. Actin like it a us election or some shit

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Billie Joe was here 1972- would be a great name for an album

Just the 1972-?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

OG Green Day fans had to wait 17 years for the 1,000 Hours EP and never complained about it.

Do we have any OG's in GDC?  Like a legit fan since 19 freaking 88?    That would be awesome if one of us was actually around and waiting on Sweet Children to put out their first recorded material.  

I remember seeing a Green Day t-shirt in 1994 when I was in fourth grade, but I didn't notice them until "Good Riddance" when I was in middle school.   I knew there was something about them, but I had other favorite bands until the 1-2-3 knockout assault of International Superhits / Warning / Shenanigans.   Those three records went everywhere my parents and I went.    Driving to any old place, going on vacation, you name it.     They beat out my other favorite artists in this period which were: Kid Rock, Barenaked Ladies, RHCP, Blink-182 and Everclear.    Even with Kid Rock's current level of cringe, I think I had an amazing jumping off point to get into the world of alt, punk and all the other subgenres of Rock.     All these guys still put out good records, except maybe the Barenaked Ladies.   That hurts to say that Kid Rock is more consistent than such a great band, but hey.  

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic