1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

People have been speculating about a Rolling Stones farewell tour ever since 1971. I saw the guys on stage last year and they are still kicking ass, even though they might not sound as good as they used to, Keith is playing out of tune and Mick's dancing has become a bit "stiff" (I mean, the guy is almost 80!!!!). So I don't see where all the break-up discussions are coming from, it's some kind of irrational anxiety. The Rolling Stones are a big role model for Green Day, always have been. Which means we could still have 30+ years of Green Day ahead of us.:ga:

How the fuck are rolling stones have always been  a role model for green day? You mean being senior citizens on stage releasing music no one listens to anymore ? This is the one time Billie ever talks about the stones lmao

https://youtu.be/ek7buNLXORg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

But if you think back AI and 21st, they told us they were recording and sometimes they teased a video and then nothing for months. The rest is music history 😂

I couldn’t find this video on their official YouTube but this was reposted. They originally uploaded this in October 2008 and it was our first glimpse of what turned out to be ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)!! And then the 21CB demo leaked about a month later!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

And then the 21CB demo leaked about a month later!!!

Actually, it leaked in February of 2009.

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I couldn’t find this video on their official YouTube but this was reposted. They originally uploaded this in October 2008 and it was our first glimpse of what turned out to be ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)!! And then the 21CB demo leaked about a month later!!!

i wonder if they are making the same effort and treatment with new album as they did in 21ctb. they recorded the album between january/october 08 and the album was only released in may 09.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Arthur_Rhuan said:

i wonder if they are making the same effort and treatment with new album as they did in 21ctb. they recorded the album between january/october 08 and the album was only released in may 09.

Well it sure as hell seems like it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I think people here are panicking after hearing Billie’s comments at the end of the Innings Festival show. I think he said something like, “We’re going to break up, but we’ll be back next year!”

Yes, it seems to not make any sense. Yet, we will see them this year with dates already booked.  Jul 14, Jul 16, Sep 24, Oct 21, and Oct 22.

Excuse my poor memory, is the Innings Festival an annual event? Thereby, did Billie Joe mean they'll be back at next year's festival again?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Time spent is not necessarily an indication of quality. They could be starting with something, freaking out, scrapping it, doing it over, starting something else, panicking again, rinse and repeat.

The vibes I got from the teasers was that they're extremely proud of this one!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Yes! This!

And no Longshot or No Fun Mondays or random livestreams or anything 😖 So spoiled and now nothing! 

That's the concerning part to me...no nothing for a very long time and Billie being away from IG is deafening!

• Like 2

little boy named booze could you try to see if you could squeeze some more info out of your pal

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pcj said:

Wtf is going on here, all this negativity is really starting to piss me off. Guys, look back at the teasers. They are alive and kicking, raring to go. They are only 51, not ready to become couch potatoes and draw their pension just yet.

Just because the band are taking their time to release their new record, which is there's to decide and to tell us when they see fit, everyone's a "basket case".

I wonder that Billie Joe would say if you made such comments to his face. Maybe on the lines of the lyrics from Spike. 

"What the fuck dude, you don't even know who you're talking to. Don't make me get all blackhawk on your ass." lol.

I can see it now, by end of this year, we will all be clutching GD's new record, punk rock with attitude at its best, and booking tickets for the world tour. We will look back to these comments and laugh, wondering what all the fuss was about. And dreaming of album 15. 

Instead of feeling let down by the band and sorry for yourself, it's time to get excited. I can hardly contain myself, another album another tour. Isn't life awesome.

"Spike" is such a random song to pull a comparison from.   I don't even think The Network know who Green Day are at all.   They know OF them, but if you ever hang out with Z or Snoo offstage and unmasked, you'd know the blank stare you get when digging for clues about Cig and Val or any of that stuff.   They just want to be left alone to do their experiments.   If they feel the tingling in their bodies to do Money Money 2020 Part 3, they will.   But....yeah...Mongo is telling me right this very moment.  Don't say his name on GDC.   It makes him uneasy because he doesn't align himself with any other groups.     Now he's biting me, great. 

Album 15 though, YES!   Can we start a thread already?  

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder what was up with those back to back Instagram posts and stories that Green Day had posted after Easter when we all thought there would be an announcement. Perhaps one of their staff is reading all our comments and tryna tease us this whole time lol

2 hours ago, BrendanL said:

“Oh, yeah. Keep going! You have the Rolling Stones as a role model for that now. The great thing about the Stones is they’ve become old bluesmen. Seeing them on that 12-12-12 show — they blew every­body off the stage. They were so inspiring. And seeing all that white hair Keith Rich­ards has now…[laughs].” -Billie Joe, on being in Green Day at age 60+ (From 2013 Rolling Stone interview).

Also, Jason White told a great story on the Peer Pleasure podcast about Billie inviting him, along with the rest of the band, to a Stones rehearsal in Toronto on the American Idiot tour. He discusses how big of a Stones fan he is, and how awe inspiring it was to watch the rehearsal and meet Keith, Mick, and the rest of the band.

In Quattro, didn’t Billie say he had Keith’s amp and didn’t want him to find out? 😆

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrendanL said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrwljnKg9Dx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

probably better suited for the Random Green Day News thread, but Tony finished another guitar for Billie - this time a Les Paul Junior Tribute DC, a model he hasn’t played on stage before. I would still love to see the blue sparkle double cut junior he did for Billie get some stage time, that guitar looked incredible

Maybe the new model is a sign of a tour for the new album!!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BrendanL said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrwljnKg9Dx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

probably better suited for the Random Green Day News thread, but Tony finished another guitar for Billie - this time a Les Paul Junior Tribute DC, a model he hasn’t played on stage before. I would still love to see the blue sparkle double cut junior he did for Billie get some stage time, that guitar looked incredible

Great to see that the Les Paul Junior Double Cut is back, beautiful guitar!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pcj said:

Excuse my poor memory, is the Innings Festival an annual event? Thereby, did Billie Joe mean they'll be back at next year's festival again?

It is annual event, but Green Day already played there two years in a row. Also I'm pretty sure Billie didn't mean the festival. He said "We're gonna break up... But we'll be back together next year". It's about them, not about being in a certain place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic