1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I feel like Green Day isn’t a band that would pull a gimmick like a “farewell" tour. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cunt said:

I feel like Green Day isn’t a band that would pull a gimmick like a “farewell" tour. 

What if it wasn’t a gimmick? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What if it wasn’t a gimmick? 

I think when it’s their last tour it’ll be like Rush’s last tour. It won’t be called a farewell tour but it’ll be hinted at and left open ended after it concludes. 

• Like 1

Green Day are going to announce that they broke up shortly before the release of Dookie. Since then, they've simply been releasing material they recorded during the Dookie sessions. As for touring? A collective delusion. 1972 is the last batch of songs from the Dookie sessions. Worry not, they're going to announce that they're actually getting back together and they've been moving in a new, more hyperpop/skacore/nu metal direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pcj said:

Just because the band are taking their time to release their new record, which is there's to decide and to tell us when they see fit, everyone's a "basket case"

I take offense to this 😅

2 hours ago, pcj said:

"What the fuck dude, you don't even know who you're talking to. Don't make me get all blackhawk on your ass." 

Thanks for the laugh 😂  I needed that

• Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, steve46 said:

Everybody of them will turn 50 this year. In the last hint we could see some memories from them through the years. Anyone thinking this could be their last album?

I already mentioned that fact over one year ago.

• Like 1

why the fuck are they teasing since 2021.. they should start to put out a single, i mean wtf is wrong with them

i highly doubt the next lp will be their "last" lp

they are musicians and put all their hearts and emotions into creating music, thats what they have been doing their entire life

maybe new releases wont be as frequent (looking at you, metallica) but i am confident we will have a couple more albums :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Wait I went to bed yesterday and people were guessing for a May announcement and now this morning people are guessing a farewell tour wtf hapenned in 8 hours?

Well its your own fault for being away for so long. I mean, 8 hours. Don't you know this topic is all action GD news every minute. lol 😆

• Haha 4

what if aliens abducted green day? i mean it could be... really

Edited by Austrian_Insomniac
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

if gdc was tumblr this thread would just be 400 pages of "blorbo took an elevator into eeby deeby"

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

what if aliens abducted green day? i mean it could be... really

Maybe they're "2000 Light Years Away"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pcj said:

Maybe they're "2000 Light Years Away"

no they only got something in there anus by the aliens

49 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

People have been speculating about a Rolling Stones farewell tour ever since 1971. I saw the guys on stage last year and they are still kicking ass, even though they might not sound as good as they used to, Keith is playing out of tune and Mick's dancing has become a bit "stiff" (I mean, the guy is almost 80!!!!). So I don't see where all the break-up discussions are coming from, it's some kind of irrational anxiety. The Rolling Stones are a big role model for Green Day, always have been. Which means we could still have 30+ years of Green Day ahead of us.:ga:

I think people here are panicking after hearing Billie’s comments at the end of the Innings Festival show. I think he said something like, “We’re going to break up, but we’ll be back next year!”

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No, I’m panicking because they told us a year and a half ago they were recording a new album and haven’t said a word about it now in nine months.

But if you think back AI and 21st, they told us they were recording and sometimes they teased a video and then nothing for months. The rest is music history 😂

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic