1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

This is obviously fake, but it's one of the best concepts I've seen so far.

It does raise a good hypothetical...

What if there are two albums!? Maybe all of this 1972 teasing was all carefully orchestrated to cover up a huge rock opera, their 'great work' if you will. Featuring massive choir sections and orchestras... and 1972 is a fake album to throw off Warner ;)

26 minutes ago, rev said:

Hey! That’s my artwork! Thanks. 

Nice track list too!!! Much better than the fake we saw last week!!!

• Like 1

Sure, the last time we got a teaser was last August, but the last time we heard anything about the new album was back in November when they posted on TikTok with this caption,  “What a year it‘s been, playing festivals and recording our record in London and LA!”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Just stumble upon a comment from Mike's wife about trans issues on instagram.... is she dumb? I wonder if this affect their friendship or the album project. I hope Mike don't take her wife side on this subject. Because Green Day wouldn't agree with this shit.

Seriously Britt, shut the fuck up.

I don't think that's an issue. It is just her opinion and if it affects their friendsip thats pretty lame and would be surprising that they have gone together for so long and argue over a sexuality BS. What did she say anyways? XD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Just stumble upon a comment from Mike's wife about trans issues on instagram.... is she dumb? I wonder if this affect their friendship or the album project. I hope Mike don't take her wife side on this subject. Because Green Day wouldn't agree with this shit.

Seriously Britt, shut the fuck up.

Oof, I just looked at her profile and if you click the "uproar xx xy" thing on her profile there's a ton of transphobic posts, so fucking lame.

And it's not a "difference of opinion" thing, she's being a bully and posting shit about trans people being mentally ill. She definitely seems like a shitty person 

• Like 4

I just read somewhere that Queens of the Stone Age should release an album in june, which hasn't been announced yet. Maybe we can still have hope for an album in the summer?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Oof, I just looked at her profile and if you click the "uproar xx xy" thing on her profile there's a ton of transphobic posts, so fucking lame.

And it's not a "difference of opinion" thing, she's being a bully and posting shit about trans people being mentally ill. She definitely seems like a shitty person 

So 60% of America are shitty people for believing something that has been believed for 100k years? I’m not saying they’re right, but you’re writing off most people just for not believing what you do.

• Like 4

I could not see any anti-trans comments, just somebody speaking their mind with common sense. That doesn’t make somebody a bully or fascist or evil. If you think that, then you’ve led an extremely privileged and sheltered life.

These are important issues that need addressing & children should not be subject to said topics and choices. That’s just basic common sense. If you think children and early teens should be witness to this sort of thing then you are also a little bit twisted and weird. 

Let children and teens grow up naturally. Hell, I’m a completely different person now to who I was 5 years ago, let alone when I was a child. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That people who are different from you don’t have the right to exist? There’s a name for people who think that way and yes they’re shitty people if they can’t live and let live.

That’s not what my point was. I’m saying that throwing away 60% of the US is really reactionary. That number isn’t anything to do with someone’s right to exist. It’s related to whether people believe that it is a biologically sound concept. I’m not saying I agree with the 60% since I do believe in “live and let live” and generally don’t care what people do as long as they aren’t hurting people (the key here). People are capable of supporting but not endorsing, by the way. Like not agreeing with someone’s choice but supporting their right to make that choice. I’m just saying that calling 60% of the country shitty people based on one opinion is judgmental and antisocial. I have friends with lots of different opinions and I love them too much to write them off over an opinion or who they married, and I’d imagine the band feels the same way.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With all due respect you don’t know what you’re talking about and need to educate yourself on what age appropriate gender affirming care is for children with gender dysmorphia. 

The core question of “Should children be able to get procedures or treatment to alter their physical appearance?” really breaks down to the question of “Can children consent?” which is the core disagreement and, as of now, an opinion. 

1 minute ago, Maddie86 said:

History has always been unkind to minorities, trans people have always existed whether people want to acknowledge it or not, there was a sex institution built in Germany in the early 1900s to research this kind of thing and then it was destroyed by the Nazis in an attempt to erase us, and currently some members of the US government are also trying to erase us by legislating us out of existence. Nazis are still protesting trans people and drag queens, so people posting anti trans shit online are seriously taking the same stance as the Nazis do, which definitely makes someone a shitty person 

https://www.hrc.org/resources/seven-things-about-transgender-people-that-you-didnt-know

1. I said people’s belief, not that trans people never existed. They did exist.

2. The KKK were some of the first groups to endorse women’s suffrage. Your point is basically that if Hitler liked pickles, you are bad if you also like pickles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

And again...this isn't actually happening. Children aren't just out there getting surgery or "treatment" in order to alter their physical appearance. Again...this is a giant myth being propagated by a small segment of the population. Gender affirming surgery is typically only done for people after a certain age, and even then it is after A LOT of conversation with trained medical professionals. Furthermore, it has an EXTREMELY low rate of people who have 2nd thoughts or regret their choice...like...ridiculously low when compared to almost ANY other surgical procedure. So again...a small amount of loud idiots are making up shit that isn't even happening. 

In many states, someone can get surgery as early as 16. Guess it depends on if someone believes that’s considered a child or not. In many states, 16 years olds do have the ability to consent technically. You are right that most cases don’t involve surgery (modifying even clothes can resolve dysphoria in most cases) and few regret it, which is great.

• Love 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic