1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Dookie….AI….21st Century Breakdown…every song from those albums have at least been played live once….whenever they release a new album and a proper tour I don’t see why they can’t rotate at LEAST 2-3 songs with album tracks they never played live….like Babs ulva who?? That would be wild live…Panic Song at least once..WESTBOUND SIGN MY PERSONAL FAVORITE SHOULD HAVE BEEB A SINGLE…up until AI Insomniac was their 2nd biggest selling album yet it gets completely ignored…Nimrod..Uptight..Haushinka..yes I love that song…Walking Aline…Jinx..from Warning Misery, Hold On..Deadbeat Holiday…also Bang Bang should be a live staple..they are selling themselves short by never ever playing some of their great album tracks live…cut out King For A Day and you can add 2-3 songs their easily..drop Knowledge and Rick in Roll All Nite then there’s 2 songs…that could give us (Westbound Sign/Bab’s Ulva Who?/Uptight/Deadbeat Holiday right there)…still my favorite band and I’d see em every night but they have such a deep catalog and the die hards would love to hear these…even give Walking Contradiction JAR and stuck with me more love…drop St. Jimmy and bring back 21st Century Breakdown or Maria or Warning..also Redundant should be played much more 

Haushinka is in their top 3 songs ! I love it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

Is there a spam shield we can place in this thread? 😒 Or a filter to block irrelevant bullshit? A Spamblocker. That would probably reduce the thread to 10 pages in total though.. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

After they’ve spent a year and a half teasing a new album? You tell me you don’t feel a burst of excitement when you see an Instagram notification from Green Day and then a crushing disappointment when you find it’s just another festival announcement with what we know will be the same setlist they’ve been playing for two years. 

Unfortunately they are clearly not planning any concert in Europe in the near future. I would be extremely happy to see a festival announcement in a place where I would be able to see them play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mato said:

Is there a spam shield we can place in this thread? 😒 Or a filter to block irrelevant bullshit? A Spamblocker. That would probably reduce the thread to 10 pages in total though.. 

What criteria would you use to determine irrelevant bullshit though? I mean what's shit to one guy, could smell like roses to another. You would probably need a clear and full description of what type of shit is not acceptable, ensuring there's no confusion. Otherwise you would get guys posting shit that they think is acceptable shit, when they inadvertently posted unacceptable shit.

Would you consider this post to be acceptable shit or unacceptable shit. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legendary said:

Breaking news: the Master tapes were stolen. 

Yeah, but this time it still feels the same and they going ahead with the release.  

The delay is because they are spending all efforts destroying the Network.

Physically and legally destroying them.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Yeah, but this time it still feels the same and they going ahead with the release.  

The delay is because they are spending all efforts destroying the Network.

Physically and legally destroying them.

I bet your a secret believer. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

I understand that, but they ended a world tour a bunch of months ago, they are in between album releases, and a normal world tour will most likely happen after the album release. Also in terms of planning and organization I guess joining a festival is much easier than booking and organizing individual dates. I mean, to me here the alternative is nothing or festivals. What we usually get between album releases is nothing. As a European I get nothing, and it’s kinda funny to see Americans complaining cause they get something 🙃

I can understand your point but in a fandom people are gonna complain. We're not always gonna like what the band does which includes a full year of festivals. Some people are gonna love it and that's fine but I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing disappointment over these announcements. And I think the complaining happens both ways maybe not with festivals but I've seen plenty people overseas complain about not getting something that Americans got, which is understandable when it comes to your favorite band. Of course you're gonna be bummed out! I think the disappointment is normal, especially when it feels like we've been waiting 1972 years for at least another teaser. Can it get tiring to read? Yeah of course especially if you're someone who would love a festival announcement or what have you. 

• Like 4

Bill Schneider commented here in other thread yesterday

So I think they're laugh their asses with our impatiently. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, legendary said:

Another garage sale this summer? Last time it was before the whole Hella Mega era so maybe that gives us a clue to the timing of the release again if they’re busy unloading stuff for another big infusion of cash and housecleaning in time for fall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legendary said:

What did he say?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, billy1986 said:

Dookie….AI….21st Century Breakdown…every song from those albums have at least been played live once….whenever they release a new album and a proper tour I don’t see why they can’t rotate at LEAST 2-3 songs with album tracks they never played live….like Babs ulva who?? That would be wild live…Panic Song at least once..WESTBOUND SIGN MY PERSONAL FAVORITE SHOULD HAVE BEEB A SINGLE…up until AI Insomniac was their 2nd biggest selling album yet it gets completely ignored…Nimrod..Uptight..Haushinka..yes I love that song…Walking Aline…Jinx..from Warning Misery, Hold On..Deadbeat Holiday…also Bang Bang should be a live staple..they are selling themselves short by never ever playing some of their great album tracks live…cut out King For A Day and you can add 2-3 songs their easily..drop Knowledge and Rick in Roll All Nite then there’s 2 songs…that could give us (Westbound Sign/Bab’s Ulva Who?/Uptight/Deadbeat Holiday right there)…still my favorite band and I’d see em every night but they have such a deep catalog and the die hards would love to hear these…even give Walking Contradiction JAR and stuck with me more love…drop St. Jimmy and bring back 21st Century Breakdown or Maria or Warning..also Redundant should be played much more 

Completely agree with this... except Knowledge, that one can stay. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have a clip or remember the show where they made fun of the band Bush? I cant remember if it was in an interview or on stage. Ive been looking for it for a half hour lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Carnaggy said:

Does anyone have a clip or remember the show where they made fun of the band Bush? I cant remember if it was in an interview or on stage. Ive been looking for it for a half hour lol

Was that maybe the kings college 2000 ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carnaggy said:

3:30 on this is what I first thought of, not sure if it’s what you meant.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, legendary said:

April 21

It's my birthday

Ngfy.gif

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic